Thread: Caboose 3.0
View Single Post
Old 14-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #16
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
OK photo update this time

Unfortunatley I dont have a photo of the radiator support panel that came with the car, but it really was rippled (picture surface of the moon). As such it really needed replacing, I purchased a Non OEM panel, which frankly didn't cut the mustard it was all out of whack and was quite floppy. When the panel didnt line up, was worried briefly that the car wasnt square till I realised logically that it wasnt possible (the rad support was too short between the fenders).

A OEM radiator support purchased a friend welded and fitted for me. Unfortunatley the radiator on the previous panel was held up in the panel by a set of drive shaft nuts. This really didnt work, the previous owner had to bend the bracket to sort of get it to fit (you can sort of see in pic 1 on the left). Further, the spair bushings that we had lieing around where for a BA 323 which funnily enough are the same height as the drive shaft nuts used previously. As i wasnt about to bend my CR3 brackets out of shape, you can see my zip tie action in the first photo:

Prolly the worst part of the car after the repairs:

This is what the car looks like now. Check out the custom faded paint job:

The other work that I have done is to clean out the car, the rear of the car was full of rusty nails, electrical supplies, zip ties etc. Couple of buckets of water and lots of small cuts to the hands from sheet metal and the car is pretty clean. Unfortunatley quite a few nails had rusted to smithers. End result is that its attracted(?) rust into the car. This is after hitting it with a steel brush attached to a drill:

Just needs a bit of prep and then a coat of rust kill primer to seal and prevent further rust.

I've had this rear strut bar for about 2 years, but having to cut interior plastic pieces etc to fit and potentially stuffing it up means it was never done before now:

Bonus the sub even fits between the seat and the strut bar:

Fitted the front strut brace:

Bought some GC8/GF8 WRX Cloth seats. They fit like a glove, are incredibly comfortable. Only complaint is that for tall people (I'm 188cm or so) you might run into head room issues sitting up very straight or when trying to wear a helmet.

This afternoon got a bit of time so installed my DG Carbon Fibre Interior pieces:

Also did a few other things such as flushing the power steering system with new fluid, flushing the radiator to get rid of the grime (always always use distilled water + appropriate concentrate).

Last edited by Ice88; 14-12-2014 at 10:40 PM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote