View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 05:51 PM   #1
Sims

Car: Sport20 Familia
New Wheels! & a great weekend!

What a fantastic weekend!

Friday evening saw me travel down to vist my girl, in Ngatea, 90km out of Auckland. I arrived right on time to a full home cooked meal including dessert! Saturday i woke up late, and wandered over for a complimentary breakfast at her parents cafe. After a several coffees, i took off further south to pick up my SP23 rims.

After picking up the rims, i met up with a friend of mine, who's building a track-day mx5. He's a good lad to follow, given his extensive known of NZ back rounds. So i spent an amazing hour chasing down his white mx5, along some amazing back country roads. Apart from the brake pedal getting slightly softer the brakes held up really well. I was quite surprised! I'm sure the scenery was amazing too...

Sunday was the Auckland Domain hill climb! Its a central city hill climb, up a windy tree lined road, that weaves up towards the Auckland Museum. I managed to score a couple of rides in a friends starlet rally car. The sheer vairety of cars on display was awesome. Lotus Exeges, Peugeot 106, 205, 306, an M-coupe bmw race cars, open wheelers, alfa classics, an xj12!, porsches, MGS, everything!

Then to finally cap it all off, i managed to find a tyre shop open late on a sunday afternoon. So finally i have some nice rims on my mazda. How am i? Just wonderful.

Sims is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links