View Single Post
Old 24-07-2008, 03:08 PM   #86
Ultraviolent

Car: 97 kia sephia RS
Send a message via AIM to Ultraviolent
Boosting My Redheaded Ho Of A Bp

Well First off I read this thread front to back a couple times just to make sure I am asking the right questions. But ofcourse there are some haze left.

These questions really are directed to Jynx,Mal and Rob but everyones input helps

I am in Collegeville PA USA so I got the **** end of the stick with no turbo bp models produced in the states! Oh Well!

I have a 97 Kia Sephia RS 1.8 DOHC forged crank and high lifted cams that come stock along with headers unlike the mazda LX . So its the best BP you can get in a states sold car and infact I have 2 of them.

My plan from the start was rally/everyday driver with about 250-300whp or 186-223KW atw

But a BPT or BPD clip isnt happening lets face its cheaper for me to fabricate alot of the stuff and I can and I rather spend my time then money.

Did I read right that the B6 robs are stronger then the BP? and how much stronger ? will it support 300whp ?

Now I wanted to jazz shizzle up a little by saying **** the stock turbo and take my stock tube headers and cut and reweld a T4 flange on just for a little something different so I have the option of throwing maybe a GT BB turbo on some day. Any draw backs or affects that I should know about anything to do with either the turbo or manifold ?

Well as many say the MT is a good ecu ! is it a direct replacement or piggyback or both ? alot of peoples threads kinda confused me there . along with what MT model is for me being I want to be able to switch between eco/and racing map by the push of a button .
And does it plug into a laptop to tune ?

Will my stock N/A intake Manifold do the job ? is there any gains or draw backs between them ? or do you think it would be worthless to mod the manifold for it? and is there any room for gains if I just Fabricate a manifold because that is an option too !

Now the head on my bp has a completely different cover on it then any other of the bp you guys are messing with, so is there any differents i don't see ? and are the cams in the turbo models different ? what about the chamebers ?

What CC injectors do you think work best for what I am talking about ?

Now this AFM boost cut problem seems to be a pain in the ass , has anyone figured out how to buffer the signal to the ECU to stop the cut off ?

Many thanks to all that can help me !

UV

Last edited by Ultraviolent; 24-07-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Because I English Good lol
Ultraviolent is offline   Reply With Quote