View Single Post
Old 18-04-2008, 11:38 PM   #10
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
ECU's - in terms of aftermarket varies alot

I was a big fan of microtech. But mainly due to cost and simpel function and tune.

but due to requirements of todays cars and effectivly - getting things legal

I've only found one ECU for the job at the right price and that's the ADAPTRONIC. it was developed by Car guys not Computer guys/ engineers

EMS for example make a great ECU in it's whole process stuff but not alot of people in the tunning game like to use it. See they dont' tune cars or understand who it should be done.

Motec and Autronic the two big guns are bang on both and it's why they cost so much.

Haltech have gotten better and better. In effect are the premium of Microtech.

If I was looking for one in a car I'm only driving every now and then don't need a good nice cold start up or A/C controls or electrical load control or purge valve control etc ( not that too many of us fitted our emiisson stuff up) Or even VVTI type setups. It's microtech all the way.
Especially like a modern motor into a old car.

but For newer cars, Microtech lets down the game compared to it's current compeditors in those areas.

It's all about cost and choice.

because not only does it in general cost more to wire up a ECu to it's full potenital it does take alot more to get it to tune.

Reason I like the auto tuning on autronic motec and the Adaptronic.

Adaptronic - I've only used it recently but it's going to replace my microtech and for no real reason then the Microtech I think it's MTX 8 or Mt 8. abotu 2 year old. Won't do what I need it to do.
Has done a good job.

Oh and as for economey.

Stock -****
unichip - better
microtech - even better.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote