View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 02:02 AM   #68
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Well yeah on the later model units they eat Compressors. Or should I say because owners treat cars like **** and do little for the A/c like sit it during winter and then all the oil leaks out at the comp. People damage them. I know if you use them for like everyday as we did in out 626 the R12 lasted 7-9years. Until Tx shat. Full conversion to R134A with correct filters and changes. As mazda had to between the 1992-and 1993 models. It cost a fortune in 2000. but lasted another 7 years never re-gassed never touched but used everyday. maybe it was the magic ECON switch LOL

the exhausts are different but only on the KL-. Remember KL's had two setups early single Cat under shifter on a GE ? and a post 1996 I think it is or 1995. 3 cat system. Which we only saw on the ODD KL powered Eunos 800. I saw it and it had 3 02 sensors.
The late Ge still had 3 02 sensors but only 1 cat. You would know more so but I know early KF's have 2 cats on the manifolds and latter had the 3 but I have never confirmed the 3rd was fitted. I can only guess if Mazda never fitted the two close to the engine they might have sold more or created MS extractors for the KF unit.
I know making them hollow create fire at the bum on a BA on straight through system
Considering the KF was the most common engine sold in Japan with the GE's
I could only guess they would be same power unit assembly and the rest pacific to the car. It's how most have been design there cars for the assembly line.
Meme serves me it's all attached to the block and not any part of the car until the tunnel or cross frame. Exhaust that is. Unlike previous models where it would of come on afterwards.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote