View Single Post
Old 21-04-2010, 10:19 PM   #46
Orion
SP20 Member!

Car: Mazda SP20 sedan
CAI is in!

So its time for another update. A bit has happened to the car recently, but I have to start somewhere.

The cold air intake (CAI) is an Injen Typhoon which has a diameter of 60mm and has the pod filter placed in the passenger wheel well.

With the car already running lean due to the exhaust upgrades, it was definitely time to get the Microtech re-tuned as it would be running even more lean due to less intake restriction and cooler air .

The end result is that throttle response is increased, a little tap and the engine spins up a bit quicker than before. The mid-range feels more solid and the revs climb all the way to the 7,000 limit without feeling like it runs out of puff .

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Skid Pan Day and putting the bit of extra punch to good use . Below are a couple of pics but I'm sure you all know what a CAI looks like . See it even goes around the battery that isn't there any more

ImageShack

ImageShack

Exhaust: Autoexe headers; Custom midpipe; Racing Beat catback
Engine: AWR mounts; Twiggy cams; Custom CAI; RR Racing UDP; Mishimoto rad
EMS: Microtech LT-10; J&S Safeguard;
Gearbox: MSP LSD; Fidanza flywheel; 5th gear
Rims/Suspension: MX-5 rims; Tokico Illuminas; Eibach Pro-kit; Progress RSB; AutoExe STB
Exterior: MSP front lip & rear spoiler; Matt V headlights; AutoExe grill; EDM tails
Interior: JVC AVX-77; Autometer gauges; DaveBs; B&M shifter
Projects to come: Engine rebuild

Last edited by Orion; 05-08-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Orion is offline   Reply With Quote