Thread: my '97 ba hatch
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:30 PM   #1
Rix

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Ba
Send a message via MSN to Rix
my '97 ba hatch

So back in april i got my p's and started to look for cars when i came across the astina, at first i thought that really looks like a chicks car, anyway then mum mentioned that she was looking at getting one back in the day, i showed dad the astina's listed on carsales and we found a nice white 97 ba hatch in maroochydore with low km's within the next hour we were out taking her for a test drive and my opinion of this so called "chicks car" had changed. Anyway we put a deposit on her and after some attempted haggling and attempts to get a loan etc, 5 weeks later i picked her up

the next friday night, 4 days after i had got the car i noticed that my field of vision while driving at night had substantially changed, i didn't realize why until my mate waved me over and said you do realize one of your headlights are not working don't u?

So i attempted to drive home with a single headlight, however i got about 500 meters down the road and had to pull over, not only did one of my headlights stop working but the dealership made a very nice job at polishing my windscreen, i could not see even 2 meters in front of me. so anyway i found a quick and easy fix, if i had the demister and the windows open i could see so i drove the 5km home with one headlight.

The next day i attempted to remove my headlight in order to replace it, this is where the real fun began, after spending a few hours trying to work out how to get the light out i jumped onto astinagt and realised, this so called light i was attempting to remove was actually the projector, i followed the steps and removed the light, so i popped down to autobarn and picked up some crystal 4300k lights so i got home and replaced the bulb and turned the lights on to see the difference between the 2 bulbs.

I then realised that my orginal bulb had also decided to blow in the process so i replaced my headlights and parker lights and now she's all good

anyway the moral of my weird ass story is don't buy cheap lights. after examining the "blown" headlights i removed they are not infact blown the metal inside had just fallen out of place

Today i bought seat covers and when attempting to put on the rear seat cover dad noticed that the seat was infact drenched from underneath so currently i have no back seat

My $7 pedals lol!

Future plans

New Tail lights
New Tail Panel - can anyone suggest where to get this done or know a way i can DIY
Rix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links