View Single Post
Old 27-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #1
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
'96 BA Hatch

well i thought it is time i make this

ever since i became interested in cars i always had a eye out for the BA's
at the time when my family first came here, they fetched around 15k so we didnt get one. but quite a few years later, when circumstances changed, we decided to look for a new car.
after looking for a while i found the perfect one. thats right i found her on ebay my stepdad was on his way to sydney to pick up a sky boat he just bought, when i asked him to make a detour to wachoupe. he saw her and put a deposit down straight away
i caught a plane to sydney the next morning and he picked me up from the airport towing his boat LOL
after a somewhat nightmarish drive throu the well worne out streets of sydney which made me appreciate brisbane all thatmuch more, we picked her up from a older couple who bought her new and allways serviced at mazda

thats what she looked like when i got her new shoes the following week

the weeks piled on and slowly i bought more stuff, of ebay ofcourse
  • seat covers
  • steering wheel with a "MS" horn (+10whp)
  • "momo" shift knob and a nice suade boot (+10whp)
  • 7" 2din DVD player/TV tuner and a sub
  • aluminium pedals (+10whp)
  • clear indicators
My mates amongst other things got me a very sexy mazdaspeed sticker for my windshield (+10whp)

following this i decided to get a better muffler, as the stock one was truly the stock one and has fallen appart internaly at the same time i painted my rear garnish and taillights

well shortly after i painted my tail lights someone unfortunately vandalised them and i could not be fcuked restoring them as that would of taken a lot of time.. so i called bourbon and arranged to get a set of clear lights from him
i also got a lip kit from carmate. after a long wait they sent me a wrong lip, which was more expensive so they lost there but it didnt match my skirts.. well i learned to love it and live with it when it was on the car
oh I also got the windows tinted

(+30whp)

but as you can see it still looked like a 4WD so i got my self a early christmas present

i know they are D2 coilovers, and there is some baaaad rep going around on the net on many forums that some guy heard from a friend of a friend of a friend but wen it come down to it they do the job very well
and as mr ryan has proved they can withstand great punishment that these street ones were not designed for (they have rally spec ones) and still work for years
at this time I was just before my end of year exam blocks and simply did not want to find time to install them, just in case something went wrong..

next up on the list was my head lights. i really hated how weak the beams were, so i wanted something better. i decided that HID is the way to go

Well after all of this I decided that it was time for the a-hole badge to go. Rupe took care of that for me and sent me his old ones he no longer had the need for
I was gonna change the bulbs in the dashboard for a while to some white LED ones, but I decided to go and get a set of white dials of ebay while I was at it, just looks cooler with the whole black/white/blue theme I am going for

(+15whp)

Well uni holidays finally came around so the 1st thing was to replace my ageold suspension with D2s

My stepdad, my friend and I did this over a period of 6 hours, 2 of which were spent trying to get the level right and 1 of which was spent trying to remove the rear break calliper to accommodate for RDA slotted rotors which replaced the stock ones which were on their wear limit

The eyelids in the above pic were made in 15 min using window vinyl, a little deformed egg ring and a ruler

Well after seeing a few pics of R8s I fell inlove with those sexy LEDs and decided that its what I want.
Led headlights ofcourse not the R8 I will never b able to afford that haha

With ebay bough leds, some soldering (which was useless lol) a few resistor and some epoxy to hold it all together I relocated my indicators and parkers to the headlights. I also sprayed the projector surrounds with matt black for that sort of JDM look

My latest addition was when I had to replace my tyres. I wanted 18’s for a while and bourbon again helped me in that aspect. I got his old rims with near new tyres, and after some sandblasting and powdercoating they became matt black something I wanted for a while
Few mazdaspeed stickers finished it off ([+10whp-3Kg]/wheel)

well for now thats all

what the future holds??
i want to eventually do a turbo conversion with a definate straight LPG setup
i also wish to make the car a AWD but i dont think that will happen, too much effort to be honest. i know that when there is a will there is a way, but i am just SOO lazy

new headlighttaillight design

I hope you all like this little beast as much as I do
Tony

Last edited by 70NYD; 03-02-2010 at 07:25 PM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links