Thread: '92 BG Project.
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #47
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisw View Post
Nah its alright :P
I'll see how this "big-bore" n/a sohc job goes like.
although its not really big bore, im just saying that because the over size number 2 rings are only .5mm by haynes reference, im going the full 1mm and from calculations SHOULD gain about 40-46cc from it.

bringing it to a bore x stroke of 84 x 85

we will see what I can manage in my own garage, though the block and head will obviously get sent off to a shop for cleaning, boring honing etc. ill just get a shop to do the head, its quicker than I will manage on my own, and will be decked either 20 or 40 thou (for perfect mating, and for a tiny bit more comp.)
home special port and polish job, best I can do without a flowbench, I need a new cam anyway, so might as well go SLIGHTLY more agressive, not much though.

plus I think actually having a GOOD amount of compression in each cylinder is going to help the performance alot.
chris, whilst I understand you want to do the engine you have, pls listen to sound advice from experienced members. You will regret doing the SOHC engine as opposed to the DOHC (esp, Turboed donk) Power is power is NEVER compromise! This forum & all others like it is for those who seek sound advice over less desirable mods. You will be thankful if you @ the very least, seek SOUND advice, not unreliable, wrong advice.

If however you choose to do mod the SOHC, get the right info @ least!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 27-07-2009 at 06:24 PM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote