View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #75
Rabz_Rox

Car: 2002/2003 Mazda 323
Funny you mention that. What I did find on my drive home was that it was staying in gears. For Example you take off at the lights, run through first gear and into second. If half way through second you take your foot off the gas it would hold the revs and the gear. Normally (in the past) when you take your foot off the gas the revs would drop down or it would change up gears. Now it holds the gear and the revs. Once you get back on the gas and accelerate it will run through second and into third.

Its NOT running all the way to redline in every gear. It still changes up at the right time according to your acceleration.

The other thing I noticed is if I did take my foot off the gas and she held gear and I tapped the brake, then the revs would drop out.

Also, normally when braking to stop in an auto the transmission seems to aid in the braking process by dropping gears and slowing the vehicle. It seemed like when my foot was on the brake the revs would just drop out to an idle so it was only the brakes slowing the car.
Rabz_Rox is offline   Reply With Quote