Thread: Liam's BA Hatch
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #8
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 94 V6 BA Hatch
So a little bit of an update... progressing slowly as money is tight however i have done a few things....

With the help of clean cookie my rear brakes have been replaced... and you wouldn't believe how bad they were, the last owner must have spent all his money on the motor and the retarded exaust setup and neglected the rest because when we pulled the rotor off the drivers side at the rear this is what it looked like...

and one of the brake pads that were on it.....

The rear calipers were also jammed solid and one side was so bad it had no fluid in it. However ryan hooked me up with some new calipers (serious props for that) and all is good again. I also got new tyres for the front on thursday (just one of bridgestones own line of tyres...) and found out it wasn't just a bad wheel alignment that was causing the car to pull to the right as you can see in the photo's below..

so i guess i need another lower control arm for my front passenger's side, hopefully i'll be able to locate one soon. New windscreen is going in after i get paid next and hopefully i'll be able to locate a control arm for it before i get paid so i can sort that out aswell.

other stuff i've done since my last post? Removed the rear mudflaps as one was flapping about (broken) and the little black strips of plastic near the rear doors..

jobs for this week include fitting my drivers door regulator (if anyone local is reading this and keen to help send me a PM, will take me forever to do on my own as i have no idea). I have to remove the front mudflaps, give the car a good wash, wax and polish (hopefully the paint will come up okay) and shampoo the carpet as theres a few stains that i feel need removing.

Hopefully i'll also be fitting some LEDs in the front footwells after i get paid. Sad to say thats all that's on the cards for the next 3 weeks or so but hopefully if my extra set if rims sell i'll have a little extra cash to play with to add more.
Alemenara is offline   Reply With Quote