View Single Post
Old 23-01-2014, 05:44 PM   #3
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
I can definitely help a bit, I have a fully built G series behind my BPT.

Many people recommend getting the PAR straight cut 3rd gear as they are apparently weaker/take more torque. But you've been going solid for 8 years on your box so don't bother I guess. it's $700 you can save. I have it in mine, and it sounds awesome, which is probably the main benefit lol.

As for rebuild kits with synchros/seals I have no idea. I do know that I got 2 piece, triple cone synchros on my 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. This kind of synchro tech is present in MPS gearboxes. Get yourself a 626 5th gear though for highway cruising. I have a Familia GTR 5th and I'm already doing over 3000rpm at 110kph.

One thing you should absolutely get though, is an LSD. I run the mFactory 26 spline gear type LSD in my box. Was only $700 USD and it's AWESOME!!! Full boost through a corner means you just keep going round it faster and faster. It never breaks into a one wheel skid no matter what direction the wheels are facing. I swear you can do a 180 degree turn at 60kph and not lose any speed. You will have to peel your face back off the windows when that happens though.