View Single Post
Old 22-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #1
Drakh

Car: Black Lantis BA 2.5L KLZE
Question Tuning and timing

Hey all- my cars been running a bit rough lately, everybody says I need to take it to the mechanic and get it "tuned", or take it down to a dyno and get it "tuned". What I want to know is what exactly do they do???

I have the klze in my car running off the standard 2L ecu, and it runs fine most the time, but then over time I can feel the cars performance deteriorate and the exhaust gets all burbly. New spark plugs fix it but only for about a month and then im back to the roughness n bunnyhops

I dont think its directly an ecu issue- sure the standard ecu holds me back some ( LOTS) but I don't think its the causing my car to run ragged. maybe more a timing/tuning issue- but I don't know where to start aye. Few things I can think of are maybe my FPR could be set incorrectly, or one of the sparkplug leads is faulty, I have stacks of spare leads but how do I test em? And what about timing? - I read that even if u adjusted it, that the ecu just resets it to normal, I can get my hands on a timing light but i guess it would probably be pointless? Might give the dizzy cap some attention too.

Basically it boils down to this- I'm sick of my car driving like a retard, and I'm sick of people telling me to take it down to a mechanic to get it "tuned" - I'm also too stubborn/skint to take it down to said mechanic. So who out there has my quick fix?? anybody

Any help at all would be appreciated. cheers
Drakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links