View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #9
SP BLING
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 3 & BA Astina
UPDATE:

Still haven't finished sanding/painting the engine bay yet, but I'm slowly getting there.... The sealant between the panel joins has been removed and I've been slowly filling/sanding/repairing each join until it's smooth. Although you won't see some of it once all the parts are re-installed, I still want it finished off nicely. Here are the progress pics

More goodies from Japan have arrived.... Cusco Rear Strut brace and Cusco Radiator Cap. Just need a front brace now to finish it off!

While the filler was drying in the engine bay, I got to work on installing the rear brace. The boot's been a mess since we installed the suspension as the whole boot interior needs to be removed to get to the top of the shock towers. I glad to see it coming back together :thumbsup: The panels each side of the brace needed to be ut for the brace to go through. The dremel to the rescue again! (Maybe one day I'll return it back to Rob :whistling: )

Also applied a little Dynomat while it was all apart of well. I paid special attention to the rear wheel arches where I tried to cover every little bit, while the rest of the boot got only a little bit of Dynomat only to stop the panels from resonating. I still used 4 sheets of Dynomat though.

SP BLING is offline   Reply With Quote