Thread: SP BLING's SP23
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
SP BLING
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 3 & BA Astina
Late May 08:

Well the new rims are finally on the car. They are Lenso DC6's in Black in 18x8" - 45 offset. Here are some pics from OZMAZDA Dyno Day with the rims fitted:

Dyno Results:

97.4kW - MAY 2008
Mods: Bomz 2.5" CAI, 2.5" Headers, Cat and Mandrel Bend Exhaust, Advanced Timing, 100 Octane Fuel + Booster, 18" Wheels

While the car was in the Smash Repairs having the hail damage fixed we also had a few holes in the tailgate welded up and resprayed. The conversion from the SP23 to the MPS style rear spoiler also leaves 2 holes in the roof which were removed along with both mazda badges. The end result is a rather clean rear end..... :tongue:

The parts lying around the house waiting to go on the car keeps growing (mainly due to my compulsive spending disorder )
  • EBC Greenstuff Rear Brake Pads (fronts on order)

• 2 x Boxes of Dynomat Extreme - Say goodbye to road noise! I believe I have enough to do all 4 doors, the boot and the cabin floor. Well there goes a whole weekend!

• CFM 67mm Billet Throttle Body (to suit a Ford Focus). These will only suit the 04/05 model Mazda 3's with the cable throttle bodies. It's just a little upgrade from the stock 62mm plastic jobbie that produces the horrible hoover vacuum cleaner sound, but mates up well with the Cosworth Intake manifold. Fingers crossed for no hoover sound!!!!! Needs modification to the throttle cable though just to hook it up to the throttle, but I might be able to adapt a Ford Focus cable yet to fit.....

• Custom 3" Cold Air Intake pipe made by Westside Mufflers in Padstow which they even polished it up for me! Again perfect match up to the 67mm throttle body in terms of sizing and was designed to suit. Unfortunately the car won't run with it in due to the increased pipe sectional size where the MAF sensor is located. The stock MAF sensor is designed to suit a 2.25" pipe and the car is tuned as such. Fitting the sensor into a 3" pipe kinda throws the tuning out :whistling: This will be installed once the Microtech ECU is installed and will be tuned to run with it.

• AutoExe front Bar (thanks to OJ 3). Currently being sprayed and should be fitted by the end of this week. Going to fit it with black mesh to offset the silver of the car and to accent the black rims. Me thinks going to look hot

Last edited by SP BLING; 04-03-2009 at 10:49 PM.
SP BLING is offline   Reply With Quote