View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #26
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
I'll be looking @ doing a deal for the Patrol this evening. Be first to view it as though he's had heaps of interest, ads only been up this week & people will no doubt wonder out over weekend. These trayback diesels don't come up too often. Plenty of wagons & SWB beach goers though but with big miles on them. Wanna get in first since I work weekends. Seal the deal tonight

I do like the Toyo 4x4's too & did look @ a few turbo diesel Hilux's as well as other Patrols advertised but couldn't find any with alum trays & low kms like this one has. Any that were in good nick & did have low clicks were not utes.

This ute appears to be well looked after. Has very low mileage for these donks & model year. Heaps of club interest when you need info. If I remember, the diesels don't need an intercooler? I'll have to get researching again. There is a good forum & apparently these donks can take a bit of boost to get them rolling along a little better, even handle bigger turbos without messin with fuel mapping & A/M chips/management etc. Blokes have had good success from what I read. Stock boost is 6-8 so, 10psi is a walk in the park. Don't wanna put undue stress on engine. See where I go from there.

About the ute: It's basically a 1 owner for the last upteen years with low km's looks in very good shape. Service regularly be an older couple who traveled a bit but haven't been able to for a while now so, sold it to this guy who has it now. 3.3L turbo diesel 6cyl engine (these donks do massive reliable miles they reckon on the Patrol Forum), Aluminium tray. New chunky tyres & wheels. Spotties. Body raised 2".

Maybe a while fellas though til I get a lil 323 or TX3 though. Wife really likes the Patrol (that's a good thing!!! but baulks @ the idea of another car for now. But, once I sell the Commodore, prospects may look a little better?) Got my deposit back & saved on fuel getting it down here I suppose $100 or so? To hell with the cheap airfare I lost. Agree, was worth the lesson as I shoulda known better. Least it gave me time to reflect. But these lil 1.6/1.8 beasties are a bunch a fun aint they. Miss the lil 323 I had & wished I never ruined it

I think this new number is a winner & will serve me better @ this stage of the game.

Have a quick geez @ pics below & see what you think? Toolbox & traysides come with it & it has a rear light apparently:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 02-08-2013 at 09:29 AM.
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote