View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
bigal_250

Car: 2001 Astina SP20
BigAL's SP20 Track Car

I bought my SP20 about a year and a half ago, thought I'd start keeping a record of what I've actually been doing to it since then.

Short version of the story, I hope
My group of mates and I who run the Scout Motorsport Club in SA started getting involved in some track driving a couple years back.
For my first attempt all I had was my FG G6E (non-turbo), still a lot of fun, and faster than many people think, but it cooked its brakes in less than 5 laps and was just way too nice to subject to that sort of punishment.

So I started looking for what I might like to get out in, there were a few stipulations, it had to be much smaller and lighter, not a normal run-of-the-mill car you see everywhere, but also not so rare it's not feasible to find parts or mods, great handling & easy to chuck about, a nice bright colour, and no more than about $3000.
After a few months I found this on the ol' gumtrees, and after some quick fact-checking and review hunting, decided this would become my noble steed. Here she is when I picked her up.

By the time I got back home, I was already quite impressed, and started to think about the things I wanted to do

I'll add more posts with the stuff I've done since back then.

A proud member of the Scout Motorsport Club SA.
http://motorsport.sa.scouts.com.au/
bigal_250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links