View Single Post
Old 25-07-2016, 05:53 PM   #1
Dr Fil

Car: 323 Bj
Exclamation Help with starting after engine swap 1.6L zm-dw new engine from ford laser

zm-de .....Wops
Ok so heres what ive done so far ....Its late now and I dont have time to do anymore till the morning....Same engine from what I can tell.Wiring is 100% the same....So ive swapped it all over I know the belts right ive triple checked it ....I took off a plug and looked even to check again cuz paranoia...Its not giving any sign of life.....Its spinning away...... First thing im gona do is fiddle with the Cam sensor in the morning.. The clutch is not hooked up...all the electricals are....the exhaust isnt on past where the engine stops underneath ...Shouldn't matter right? besides noise.....Um mm Theres not a continual spark theres one initial spark then thats it So my guess is that the computers killing it off for some reason.

All electrical hooked up.....Starter motor and alternator all on....

Anyone have any ideas? besides getting a computer code because thats what ill do after Im a uni student and pay day is 2 weeks away .

If you want any more details please ask..,...The engine was running in the yard before it was ripped out....I changed the belt(making sure it lined up )I did the water pump I put in a new clutch...This is a massive job man I hope I dont have to get a computer check and If I do id rather buy one so I can do it myself in the future....

Anyone have any ideas? should I put everything completely back together?Is the computer picking up something? why only one initial spark? the fuels about 1 month old mixed with a few liters of fresh and its definetly spitting out up top.....I doubt its the fuel it hasnt been 6 months ...

Im starting to get that bad feeling when its not starting and one has spent days of work on it
Dr Fil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links