Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > ACT

Old 13-06-2004, 11:09 PM   #1
arden

Car: Suby
Dyno Day - The Aftermath.

Had a great time guys.
Was great putting faces to the nicks. Especially the guys from Victoria.

Special thanks to Aaron & Kitty for organising stuff and helpin everyone find their ways to various places... 8)

And that road we took after lunch at Space Station was AWESOME!
arden is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 13-06-2004, 11:47 PM   #2
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Car: Mazda
A great day was had on Saturday.
The Dyno went very smoothly with everyone getting their runs, and room for extra's to get on the rollers.

The COLD COLD Canberran morning kept everyone on their toes throughout the proceedings, and we were EXTREMELY grateful for the arrival of the Sydney/Wollongong contingent, loaded with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts!

THANKS AGAIN CRITTER!!!
(Leigh brought more for Sunday, but more on that later)

So here are the long awaited Dyno Results.
(Pictures to follow later)

Top Forced Induction Mazda was taken by JynX in an awesome 150kw atw in the newly converted BA Astina. Great to see Team Green still alive and well.
Must say that JynX's car rocks!! Really happy he got a great end result and he now has the car he wanted, with the grin from ear to ear to go with it.

Top Forced Induction Other was won by Aaron in Bruce with a massive 187kw atw. The new XR8 Air Filter and double mouth intake has worked a treat, and Bruce came good on the day with none of his ECU shutdown problems occuring during the Dyno Run.

Top NA Mazda was won by TwilightProtege with a fantabulous 80kw atw.
Goes to show that putting the effort (and $$) into your car really does pay off.

The Wooden Spoon was hotly contested this year! After the first runs on the Dyno, it looked like the Slowtege was going to take the honours, but on the second run, Cosmic Rod in the plush 929 pulled a MASSIVE 49.3kw atw, outdoing the Slowtege's 50kw atw grunt.

Congratulations to our winners!

The rest of the results are as follows:

Tony/Lantis in the 800M Eunos racked up a century! 100kw atw *Ritchie Bennaud impression*

ahb11m or Slowtege, as said above, got a gutsy 50kw atw, second place for the wooden spoon, and he was presented with his spoon at dinner on Saturday night! Well done!

Odd Rod in the Stealth got a whopping 71kw atw! Those airbags are worth 10kw at least!!! LOL

SP:KING in his blue SP20 clocked up 62kw atw, it was great to see you run with us Marty! We want to see the video!!!

Osprey in the BF Turbo 323 wrung 83kw atw out of the beastie, and thanks again for all your Help, I really appreciate it!!

Nate, having travelled all the way from QLD in the faithful BG Astina got 58kw atw, our third place getter in the wooden spoon stakes. The smallest spoon... :shock:

Simone ran her gorgeous RED BA V6 Astina got 62kw atw. I hear that she has also had the same problems with dealership servicing that I experienced recently. I'm sure her other half, Ball_08 will be posting up some questions and mod requirements soon, so keep your eyes peeled everyone.

Dave in the MOMO Equipped Yellow 1991 MX5 managed a respectable 62kw atw - see Pr1mo: Momo does not mean faster, LOL
The car looks a treat, very well turned out.

Greg in his pale blue MX5 scored 71kw atw, good for only an exhaust onto a stock car!

Troy's Turbo SP MX5 wound up 124kw atw (I had a drive in this MX5 with the Eibach springs, and the chant of "dump it Kitty" may be resurrected!

A stock V8 Soarer, owned by Harry, pulled 114kw atw, remembering it also retained it's stock exhaust!

Last but not least, my MX5 ran 67kw atw. I will have another dyno done after Thursday when my K&N pod and cold air induction is plumbed in. The shopping list for my MX5 has increased to include an exhaust (next!) and lowering... when you see the pics of the white SP MX5, you will understand, LOL.

More posts will come about the weekend, but thought everyone would appreciate the results.
KittyKatSmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #3
preeman80
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SP20 BJII Hatch
nice .. very nice!!
preeman80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 08:41 AM   #4
Critter

Car: SP20
I had an awesome time, some great roads to drive on the Sunday, although managed to find a bl^^dy great pothole after lunch that popped my side indicator out of the guard and even got the Alpine to skip for the VERY first time....
The indicator went back in easy enough tho....was a bit of a What the ? at the Marulan BP when I filled up!

Fantastic hospitality (as usual) from Kitty and Aaron and ALL the Canberra folks which as ever is much appreciated.

One of my car audio mates who was going to the Doran SQ meet on Sunday asked me "where are your priorities?" and it is with AstinaGT!

Also enjoyed the company of the MX5 people, nice to make your acquaintance folks!
Always good to see the usual faces and a big effort from the Queenslanders and Victorians to come all that way. Props for sure.

As usual when in Canberra....too much good food......
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 09:44 AM   #5
Dogo

Car: Mazda 323 BA BPT transplant
I missed out on a good one Wish I could've been there. as it turns out, i not only had lots of work to do, but i came down with a cold too.

the results look good, i'll wait patiently for pics :wink:

Jimbo, your output looks pretty good!
Did dan not run ? I want to see how it goes with the stock turbo
Old 14-06-2004, 09:49 AM   #6
pr1mo
I MUST STOP MAKING STUPID POSTS! Yet I keep on making them. And I wonder why I get banned?

Car: auto
wow sound like everyone had a great time. why didnt dan run his car??

i hate to bring up **** in what will be such a good thread but if someone can explain the logic behind this and a time that ive referred to it id be greatly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatSmack
see MOOCHER: Momo does not mean faster, LOL

cant wait for pics

cheers mike
pr1mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 10:36 AM   #7
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
Excellent weekend had by all I think. Few little niggly problems with my car that put a slight dampner on the weekend but all in all had a blast.

The exact figure was 148.5atw. I was pretty happy with the result as it was consitent with the other dyno readouts I had. My AF ratio was 12.1:1 the entire run so was extremely happy with that result.

Just need to fix my lumpy idle and the car will be a really nice drive.

Sorry to leave early with Rod but my flex join fell out again just as we left the carpark so was probably for the best!

Again a big thankyou to Kitty/Aaraon and all those invloved. Excellent weekend.
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 10:52 AM   #8
BigBoyLemonade
The Architect

Car: AUSDM S6 RX7
Send a message via ICQ to BigBoyLemonade
I would like to give a HUGE thanks to Kitty and Aaron for putting on one awesome weekend! IT was fantastic (even though i didnt come on the cruise )

Great day and everyone enjoyed themselves! Can't wait for our Annual Oktoberfest cruise

Infinite Networks- Creative Web design and powerful online application solutions
BigBoyLemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 11:00 AM   #9
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
More congrats to the Kitty krew for the weekend and great organisation and thanks to Arron and KKS for their hospitality.

49.3kw atw of the nine too (slow) nine :shock: I think the earth shook when the rollers ran :lol: What can I say to James (AHB11M) but I told you ..|..

More to follow but I've been awake for an hour and it's time for a nap (serious sleep depravation)
Old 14-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #10
SehnKhan

Car: .
Damn wish I could have come along, turns out I had the time to aswell. I could so have easily nabbed a spoon for my effots with my gutsy 64kw at the engine from the factory :twisted: Still, there'll be another time.

And congrats to Jynx pulling off a nice figure on the dyno, SCREAMIN effort that!! ..|..
SehnKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 03:47 PM   #11
Critter

Car: SP20
Rupewrecht was having fuel supply problems on any kind of boost, so it would have been "mechanical suicide" to run on the dyno like that.

It has been missed that James (ahb11m) also brought KK donuts to the dyno gig....
Adjustable lowered suspension with monster brakes
Critter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 05:04 PM   #12
Ball_08

What can i say that hasnt already been said???

It was our (Simone and I) first dyno day and cruise meet with the AstinaGT group....and it was great. Big thanks to the event organisers - Kitty and Aaron - and to those that travelled from QLD, NSW and VIC.

Thanks for the induction - we'll be sure to see you at the next meet.

PS - Simone has the Astina booked in at Reliance Automotive this Friday and will no doubt be niggling for ideas on engine mods to push that 62kw figure a little higher.

Ball_08
Ball_08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 06:04 PM   #13
Osprey06
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1987 Mazda 323 'SS' FWD turbo
Send a message via ICQ to Osprey06 Send a message via MSN to Osprey06
Hi all,

I too had a thoroughly good time for the entire weekend!
My thanks go to Kitty + Aaron for all the organising - the weekend went off without a hitch!
Thanks also to the interstaters for their time and effort in attending!! (Love the BA Jim )

The roads out to Tidbinbilla were fantastic (I don't think I've run them before).
All I can say is that I think I'm in need for some suspension work - I could barely hang onto the back of the back :evil:
Then again maybe it's just me! After all, Rod managed to keep the 929 up in the middle of the pack (all 49kW of it :lol

I didn't take many still shots - the few shots I do have are available here:
http://www.geocities.com/osprey06/DynoDay/DynoDay.htm (56k warning would probably be appropriate - the pics are just lumped in there!)
Just a little teaser until the 'proper' photographers can get their work up!
I also video taped a portion of the runs. I will have to wait 'til my exams are over before puttin them up as I want to split them up for ease
of downloading - and because I also retreaved the other track/drag days which were on the tape (which I had been too lazy to transfer before :roll: )

Anyway - thanks again for a great long w/e
Cheers,
James
Osprey06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 07:44 PM   #14
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
well this is the sort off fun that comes together by being a club and attending functions well done guys/girls made my stay awsume thank you to all

now a special thanks to kitty an aaron for pulling it all together again top job as usual guys kitty top effort mate x , an aaron thanks for ur help when my car went down on me :lol: [couldn't help that ] . sorry i missed the sunday run but i was worried after hearing the air got home no probs, the push bike puncher repair kit :lol: who would off guessed ,
anyways im ready for the next one .
back on track thanks to critter for organizin our accom thanks mate [ps let me no when its worth running up ur way u no wat i mean :lol: ]

big thanks to all concerned organisers , visitors [mx5 guys] an members .
,good effort from our interstate poeple vics an qld'ers cheers guys/girls rod
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2004, 08:02 PM   #15
JynX

Send a message via ICQ to JynX Send a message via MSN to JynX
I have mirrored Ospreys photos as geocities blows donkeys.

http://www.jynx.au.com/gallery/view_...e=agtdynoday04

If anyone else wants photos mirrored, please PM me and I will sort a delivery method out.
JynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 12:34 AM   #16
Red Frog

Car: My feet :p
Oh it's so quiet on the forum! Looks like Andy & Nate musta hit the sack pretty early when they got home! Actually i think everyone seems to have taken sleeping as a priority this evening! i should too....

Had an awesome wkend guys! thanks 4 letting me include my little laser hehehe and thanku thanku 2 Ms Kitty 4 organising things! specially breakfast/brunch/lunch this morning in kingston!! that was the best u were rite! and it was good to meet the Kiddies from QLD. thanku to the boyz for travelling with me and to kritta with a 'K' for keeping us company on the CB on the way to and from the snow! yah!

hope to see u all on the nxt cruise
Old 15-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #17
KittyKatSmack
Banned

Nice work JynX on the gallery of Osprey's pics.

I had the BEST time catching up with everyone and making lots of new friends!!

I don't mind organising events when a fun time and lots of laughs are had by all!

A HUGE thanks goes to our visitors from the MX5 club, our QLD Contingent of TwilightProtege, Nate, Kritta and DunkyMonkey - great to meet ya finally!
Also to Rupewrecht, MrPayner, Cosmic Rod and Vix for travelling from Melbourne to spent the weekend with us! Floor space is booked for Oktoberfest :wink:
Big smooches to Red Frog for driving all the way to Canberra on Sunday morning to participate in the cruisin' out to the Tracking Station. AND the resupply of Krispy Kreme's on Sunday morning!
Belated thanks for the Krispy Kremes to ahb11m - we couldn't have gotten through the day without the Doughnuts for the sugar hit! Thankyou for being awesome fun over the weekend and lots of laughs.
To JynX, Big Mal, odd12c, Critter, sabrelli, SP:KING, and everyone from Sydney for getting out of a warm bed in the wee hours of the morning to drive to a VERY COLD Canberra! It was great to see you all!!
To Osprey, Simone & Ball_08, Tony, and our Canberra Connection - thanks for your efforts too.

Basically the weekend wouldn't have been as great as it was without the people!
You all made the effort to come along and participate, and it was well worth it!

A big thankyou to everyone that attended, all up the weekend was a HUGE success and I cannot wait to see everyone again.....

OKTOBERFEST LONG WEEKEND HERE WE COME!!!
Old 15-06-2004, 09:54 AM   #18
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
yes thanks to kitty for organising everything. i had a great time. and yes bed was the only thing on my mind when i got home

still unsure of the figures. all of the lesser power engines were all well down on what they should be getting. a stock sp20 should put out around 72-74kw at the wheels. marty got 62...wtf?

i will try and visit the dyno place near me shortly to get a comparison on a dyno i have used before.
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2004, 10:13 AM   #19
KittyKatSmack
Banned

It will be interesting to see any differences...

A lot of people said this was a tough dyno...

I am back there on Thursday/Friday for my second run with my new K&N pod and Air Induction work complete

CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 15-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #20
twilightprotege
Driving a faster car now!

Car: Lotus ....... .
yeah it was extremely tough. i am under the impression that there are two different types of dyno dynamics dynos. one for 0whp - around 400whp, and another from 200whp +

the second is nasty with figures under 200whp...maybe that was the problem??? and kitty, you should be at around 80kw at the wheels. that's what pretty much every other mx5 is getting in real figures.
twilightprotege is offline   Reply With Quote