Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 17-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #21
Ben

Car: MPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie View Post
Fwiw, I went to a cruise first meet, omc one at that. Wasn't exactly the best introduction, if you're keen to smash it around the hills then come, but I'd personally just start with chilling out at a coffee/maccas meet up.
If you remember mine was a cruise to nebo is when i met you ladies. I did that because i was in my safe little cacoon and could drive away if i didnt like you all

But still, if you come on the cruise, just walk on over to me and say hi. It is a OMC one, so they all wont share the BJ love, but there is a few of us going im fairly certain. Plus i've also got a new guy lined up to come along. He is a member here but has only ever posted once in my build thread haha. He also has a Black SP20.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #22
oyeloo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Astina SP20
Send a message via Skype™ to oyeloo
Welcome Welcome.

Pics? A few of us meet regularly so come along say hi...
Old 18-10-2012, 12:09 AM   #23
Zenkiri

Car: 2000 Mazda 323 BJI Protege
Thanks everyone.
I have a bit of a family problem at the moment involving my father being lazy and not fixing his car which means my mother has my car and my father has hers so I'm not sure if I could go to that meet.

I'm also bad at directions and remembering roads ill probably get lost since I haven't been there since I was a kid.

I might post some pics up of the car if I can be bother tomorrow since I have the car cause I gotta head out to hand out resumes cause I'm jobless
Zenkiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #24
oyeloo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Astina SP20
Send a message via Skype™ to oyeloo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenkiri View Post
Thanks everyone.
I have a bit of a family problem at the moment involving my father being lazy and not fixing his car which means my mother has my car and my father has hers so I'm not sure if I could go to that meet.

I'm also bad at directions and remembering roads ill probably get lost since I haven't been there since I was a kid.

I might post some pics up of the car if I can be bother tomorrow since I have the car cause I gotta head out to hand out resumes cause I'm jobless
Welcome to my world, ive just moved back from North QLD and I get lost constantly, so the boys are now used to it so dont worry about getting lost they always come back for you.
Old 18-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #25
Zenkiri

That's nice to know since I tend to be left behind in most things haha.
I probably won't go to the Glasshouse Mountains meet since it's just a tad to far away for me and my mother would probably need the car unless my father gets his ute fixed which seems might be the case since I have to go pick up parts for him today.

Anyway here are some pics of my car. It's a bit rough but it is my first car and I was on a limited budget at the time.

Clear coat peeling off the roof.

The damage from the ute that reversed into it the day before I bought it.

There are allot of problems with the paint such as fading, Scratches from trolleys near my mothers work and chipped paint on the driver door from the last owner.

I will get around to fixing it eventually. I'm a bit worried about trying to get the bonnet fixed and it coming back to me in a off color so I'll be thinking about it for the time being.
Old 18-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #26
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
Welcome, time to carbon fibre wrap that roof! I would definitely be seeing to any rust as well. That stuff is called cancer for a reason, once it's apparent you better get it all out or it starts popping up all over the place. Kill that little spot and go over it with touch up paint or something similar.
Old 18-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #27
Zenkiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by derb View Post
Welcome, time to carbon fibre wrap that roof! I would definitely be seeing to any rust as well. That stuff is called cancer for a reason, once it's apparent you better get it all out or it starts popping up all over the place. Kill that little spot and go over it with touch up paint or something similar.
Yep that's the plan. I plan to get some touch up paint and go over all the places were the rust is so it doesn't rust on me any further.
Roof wise I don't know about carbon fibre wrapping it but I will probably do something about it soon.
Old 18-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
Quote:
Yep that's the plan. I plan to get some touch up paint and go over all the places were the rust is so it doesn't rust on me any further.
Roof wise I don't know about carbon fibre wrapping it but I will probably do something about it soon.
Wrap it the same colour as the car. It'll be a million times cheaper than a respray. Plus Sam wont be a uniqie snowflake any more.
Old 18-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #29
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 Astina BA
Nah, I'd do it in black to emulate a moonroof. Looks good on 180SXs etc.

Christ that's a good idea. That would save me doing a respray.
himynameisbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #30
Zenkiri

I thought about fixing the roof, Bonnet and boot(since it has a dint in it) and just painting them all black but I started to think I would probably look like a douche to allot of people so I scrapped the idea.
My parents planned to pay for the paint to fix the bonnet and roof so I will probably have to pay for the rest.
Old 18-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #31
smurfy

Car: sp20
vinyl wrapp it black.. cheaperr and if you dont like it you can just take it off

To many of us, our cars are an extension of our own personalities, the way we choose to modify reflects this.
smurfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #32
Zenkiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy View Post
vinyl wrapp it black.. cheaperr and if you dont like it you can just take it off
Wouldn't weather and bird droppings damage it after a while since I don't have the car garaged and we don't have a garage unfortunately.
Old 19-10-2012, 12:13 AM   #33
lukeyprotege
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 MAZDA 323 BJ II-J48 PROTEGE
Same thing happened to my roof and the previous owner tried to spray bomb it and happened to leave a few fingermarks around the sides of the car as well :S Carbon wrap for me, I'll let you know how easy it is and how it stands the weather.
lukeyprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #34
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Another 1.6L BJ1, this is good!! haha

Welcome mate, hope you enjoy your stay here at AGT!

2010-2014: 2000 Mazda 323 Protege
2014 - 2016: 1991 Toyota MR2 SW20
2016 - Err, 2016: 2002 Mazda 323 Astina SP20
2016 - Err, uh, 2016: 1991 Mazda MX5 NA
2016 - 2017: 2000 Alfa 916 Spider
2017 - 2018: 2007 Alfa Brera
2018 - Current: 2018 Mazda 3 SP25
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #35
Zenkiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyprotege View Post
Same thing happened to my roof and the previous owner tried to spray bomb it and happened to leave a few fingermarks around the sides of the car as well :S Carbon wrap for me, I'll let you know how easy it is and how it stands the weather.
Do you think it would survive flying fox droppings hitting it every few days? cause that's what I'm stuck with every week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeon8 View Post
Another 1.6L BJ1, this is good!! haha

Welcome mate, hope you enjoy your stay here at AGT!
Thanks. I remember seeing your worklog on your car a while back, I was going to register then and keep a eye on your work so I could get ideas for my BJ1 but I forgot haha.

I'm going to be looking into some mods soon for the car but I have noticed there isn't much in the form of mods for the BJ1 unless I get parts from Japan.
But I plan to If I can be bothered lowering it, Probably making a custom SRI and installing a new exhaust. Possibly will get some rims as well but finding 4x100 rims for cheap is difficult since I can't justify spending allot on rims.

Last edited by Zenkiri; 19-10-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 19-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #36
xeon8

Car: 2000 Mazda BJI Protege
Quote:
I'm going to be looking into some mods soon for the car but I have noticed there isn't much in the form of mods for the BJ1 unless I get parts from Japan.
But I plan to If I can be bothered lowering it, Probably making a custom SRI and installing a new exhaust. Possibly will get some rims as well but finding 4x100 rims for cheap is difficult since I can't justify spending allot on rims.
Thats the route I went down. My other option was to buy a WeaponR intake on eBay for around $200 + $140 shipping. Instead I made my own, admittedly not the best for around $50 including the filter and pipe and other needed materials. I've noticed small improvements in power (I find more lower end torque) and economy so although it is cheap, it is also somewhat effective.

2010-2014: 2000 Mazda 323 Protege
2014 - 2016: 1991 Toyota MR2 SW20
2016 - Err, 2016: 2002 Mazda 323 Astina SP20
2016 - Err, uh, 2016: 1991 Mazda MX5 NA
2016 - 2017: 2000 Alfa 916 Spider
2017 - 2018: 2007 Alfa Brera
2018 - Current: 2018 Mazda 3 SP25
xeon8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #37
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Prolly wouldn't skimp on the filter. 3A racing filter would be what I'd get