Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > NSW

View Poll Results: what to do for dinner?
maccas dinner at kirrawee - 7-7.30ish 2 15.38%
have a dinner down at wollongong at a pub on the coast road - 8.30-9.00 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #101
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 Astina BA
Hmm, I finish work in Sutherland at 5.

If I don't have any Uni work on I'll try duck down.

Speaking of which, I have an assignment due at midnight...I better get back on that...
himynameisbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #102
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Spent today driving around Sydney as I had to take my mate out to the TNT depot to collect a parcel. TBH Sydney drivers can't drive, don't know the road rules or how to use their indicators. Taxi drivers are dangerous and most people fail to look before doing anything. Also you are forced to use the damned expensive toll roads as there is no other choice. At least in Brisbane we have free options.
Also i'm sure that the local governments have shares in the fuel companies as I don't think I got more than one green light in a row. Have they not heard of a green wave? (Maybe they do that to force people to use the toll roads)
I also found the roads here to have a lot less grip than in Brisbane almost to the point of being scary if they were wet. I took a round about at the same speed I normally do and slid through it
I went out to Bankstown, Lakemba and Punchbowl area to have a laugh. It was fun playing spot the aussie. That whole side of town I found depressing to be in. All the buildings are ugly to look at and the roads are shocking to drive on.
The roads here are worse than Brisbane for quality(didn't think it was possible) and some main roads are so rough that I would hate to have stiffer suspension than what I have now.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #103
HAIGHIE

Car: 99, BJ 323 astina hatch
phill i'm hurt,
haha mate you got it all in one in other words sydney is sh*t, and yes we all know it, i'm from wollongong and hate the thourght of even having to drive to sydney let alone during the day with heeps of traffic, roads are crap and more confusing then a rubix cube. and taxi drivers well they have different rules to anyone else.
tolls are a rip off , and for the high toll price the roads are still sh*t wouldn't mind so much if they were good roads, i use to go to QLD(brizzy gold coast) about 8 times a year, me and my dad drove up on a friday to beenliegh (got rellos there) because there was a dubble header of footy on a saturday night at suncorp stadium and back on the sunday, weird i know but thats another story and the roads are so much better and simpler, wider and people are happy to let you in to the lane, it's nicer down here in the illawarra but you still get the d**kheads everynow and then, oh and punchy haha your brave lol, but hope you like the sceneary of sydney thats about the best thing about it.

HAIGHIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #104
ben carney

Car: 02, bj2 j48
Did you see Trent out punchy? Was he with kev?
ben carney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:12 PM   #105
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildough View Post
Spent today driving around Sydney as I had to take my mate out to the TNT depot to collect a parcel. TBH Sydney drivers can't drive, don't know the road rules or how to use their indicators. Taxi drivers are dangerous and most people fail to look before doing anything. Also you are forced to use the damned expensive toll roads as there is no other choice. At least in Brisbane we have free options.
Also i'm sure that the local governments have shares in the fuel companies as I don't think I got more than one green light in a row. Have they not heard of a green wave? (Maybe they do that to force people to use the toll roads)
I also found the roads here to have a lot less grip than in Brisbane almost to the point of being scary if they were wet. I took a round about at the same speed I normally do and slid through it
I went out to Bankstown, Lakemba and Punchbowl area to have a laugh. It was fun playing spot the aussie. That whole side of town I found depressing to be in. All the buildings are ugly to look at and the roads are shocking to drive on.
The roads here are worse than Brisbane for quality(didn't think it was possible) and some main roads are so rough that I would hate to have stiffer suspension than what I have now.
Welcome to Sydney
Old 27-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #106
Ben

Car: MPS
Go drive in the city and then have a rant. I swear im lucky to be alive with some of the taxi drivers i had.

When aaron picked me up from the centre and we literally had to drive about 1km away to the meeting place it took us over a hour. I can drive the 100km from my house to brisbane in that time
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #107
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 323 SP20 TURBO
Quote:
+1..

definitely true,
I moved to sydney 9 months ago and just hates everything :P
sh!t roads, sh!t drivers... & everything expensive compared to melbourne
Spykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #108
BG1.8sp

Car: 2009 BL MPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Go drive in the city and then have a rant. I swear im lucky to be alive with some of the taxi drivers i had.

When aaron picked me up from the centre and we literally had to drive about 1km away to the meeting place it took us over a hour. I can drive the 100km from my house to brisbane in that time
Ahaha! Lolz just read all the above... Yeah Phil... Welcome to Sydney... Now you understand why I live out west... Close enough to the city... But close enough to run farrrrr away! Lol

And yeah Ben that fricken sucked! Even then.... We still beat everyone to the meet point
I have the crappy Sydney roads to thank for my rim which the road ever so kindly took all the paint off the outer edge as the road collapsed below the wheel during heavy rains (that was 2 weeks after I just put them on)
Old 28-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #109
Hammo

Car: 03 Sp20
Quote:
It was fun playing spot the aussie.
Play it every time im down sydney hahaha
Hammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #110
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
I got one ANSWER it's WHY WE ARE BETTER DRIVERS.

Oh yeah - you QLD lot can't merge - you all think it's ****ING SUNDAY.

Here rules are it's 10km/h above the speed limit. Except Where out speed cameras are - NOTE MARKED OUT - unlike those hidden scum in Victoria.

Yeah our roads have less grip because Amazingly when your alseep most street have massive street sweepers going across - Bus sheltters are washed with Anti- scum - which lands on road and makes you do 180's easily - LOTS OF FUN.
Toll Roads - Only oon the wrong side of the city. BUT I say this you want freeways you want fast roads - PAY FOR IT. (My opinion)

Hmm Yep We be skilled MOFO's. All that you complain about hmm - YOu just needed to learn to drive - A without a licence - Without a car post 1985 And no tyres. Then you could be skilled like some of the rest of us. Or you be a modern Rich kid where Mum and Dad buy your car with ABS - traction control.

As for Bankstown and Lakemba- The greatest places on Earth. REAL KEBABS - Petrol prices are always cheaper. Has nothing to do with added special stuff. Spot the Aussie - How Racist are you You mean Spot the ABORIGINAL.
Everybody's an Aussie in lakemba - John Howard Gave them all the Temporary VISA's he could. Then made them Residents and then They GOT THE DOLE . Bought a Tarago and filled it with more kiddies for more Dole payments. BUt don't worry MR Abbottt WILL BRING IT BACK. but as for the rest of us. Unlike the so called Aussies in and up north Manly- We ain't Drunk at night hanging around bus stops or parks. We be working or other activites that at least make money.

All I can say is Sydney is tuffer and you can't take a relaxed approach to anything compared with everyother state city - in comparisson, No question.
Compared to the world. Manila is a joke more horns then brains - LA - more carparks then boob jobs - sorry no Real boobs. Boston - ah not bad actually. London well it's like Sydney Yet with a few more rules add a larger Parramatta one way section. But there all Pommy Tightarse's

So Don't trust any car in front - They might change mind and go backwards. Be carefull who you Honk at. Unless your bigger or uglyier. Don't be slow off at lights - again horn might not be used. Bus drivers will run into you. Cyclists well - do you like your car - I hit them in utes and vans. But they sometimes hit back.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #111
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post

Here rules are it's 10km/h above the speed limit. Except Where out speed cameras are - NOTE MARKED OUT - unlike those hidden scum in Victoria.

Yeah our roads have less grip because Amazingly when your alseep most street have massive street sweepers going across - Bus sheltters are washed with Anti- scum - which lands on road and makes you do 180's easily - LOTS OF FUN.
Toll Roads - Only oon the wrong side of the city. BUT I say this you want freeways you want fast roads - PAY FOR IT. (My opinion)

Hmm Yep We be skilled MOFO's. All that you complain about hmm - YOu just needed to learn to drive - A without a licence - Without a car post 1985 And no tyres. Then you could be skilled like some of the rest of us. Or you be a modern Rich kid where Mum and Dad buy your car with ABS - traction control.

As for Bankstown and Lakemba- The greatest places on Earth. REAL KEBABS - Petrol prices are always cheaper. Has nothing to do with added special stuff. Spot the Aussie - How Racist are you You mean Spot the ABORIGINAL.
Everybody's an Aussie in lakemba - John Howard Gave them all the Temporary VISA's he could. Then made them Residents and then They GOT THE DOLE . Bought a Tarago and filled it with more kiddies for more Dole payments. BUt don't worry MR Abbottt WILL BRING IT BACK. but as for the rest of us. Unlike the so called Aussies in and up north Manly- We ain't Drunk at night hanging around bus stops or parks. We be working or other activites that at least make money.

All I can say is Sydney is tuffer and you can't take a relaxed approach to anything compared with everyother state city - in comparisson, No question.
Compared to the world. Manila is a joke more horns then brains - LA - more carparks then boob jobs - sorry no Real boobs. Boston - ah not bad actually. London well it's like Sydney Yet with a few more rules add a larger Parramatta one way section. But there all Pommy Tightarse's

So Don't trust any car in front - They might change mind and go backwards. Be carefull who you Honk at. Unless your bigger or uglyier. Don't be slow off at lights - again horn might not be used. Bus drivers will run into you. Cyclists well - do you like your car - I hit them in utes and vans. But they sometimes hit back.
I always read all of your posts in a serious tone for some reason...after reading this post maybe I've been reading them all wrong Grade A post.
Old 28-08-2012, 10:41 PM   #112
HAIGHIE

phill are you going to WISD tomorrow night? and would you be keen to head down here on thursday night?

Old 28-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #113
phildough
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post

Rod, your fuc$%^g funny as always, but sorry Qld drivers are better at letting people merge, how do I know, I drive the worst roads every day through the most congested areas of Brisbane and have never seen so much crap driving as I do here. I also ride a 2 stroke 100cc scooter alot as well around Brisbane and it would be no where as scary as here.
But I do know Brisbane roads a lot better quality. Also I hate to say it but the women are 10000% better looking this side of town.
At least most women here only have two eyebrows and pay attention to how they look, but if thats how you like your women I will let you keep them.
I drove around this side of town and the drivers where much more courteous and at least let me in. The roads here have no grip. I hate the concrete style roads they have here. Also the roads here must be horrid on shocks.
I have learnt the leave the twice the gap you need to safely stop rule here as 90% of the time someones going to jump into it without indicating as I am led to believe its optional here.
Also my trick of treating every other driver as an idiot works brilliantly here.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:11 PM   #114
himynameisbunny
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Also my trick of treating every other driver as an idiot works brilliantly here.
That is part of due course in my everyday lifestyle.

I am courteous as hell - I will always let people in, wave, do my best not to tailgate - as it ****s me up the wall if/when people don't do it.

Defensive driving is a must here. My daily drive involves driving between Sydney and Wollongong and back, and although it's much harder to find dickheads on these roads, you have to watch out for trucks BIG TIME.

I know it's compulsory to keep left unless overtaking in a 80 or over zone - but just try and make me keep to my left lane down Mt Ousley. No. Fecking. Way.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #115
Ben

Car: MPS
Dunno what state you live in phil but Brisbane is **** to drive in haha. Roads are better though yes.

I'm so country obviously. If you can call the sunshine coast country. Depends where you live i guess. *Puts flame suit on*
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #116
phildough
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAIGHIE View Post
phill are you going to WISD tomorrow night? and would you be keen to head down here on thursday night?
Yes I will be heading to WSID tomorrow night, shall be good for a giggle.
I have to pick up madmat on thursday from the airport so I shall be south side and willing to meetup before and after.
Old 28-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #117
HAIGHIE

Quote:
Yes I will be heading to WSID tomorrow night, shall be good for a giggle.
I have to pick up madmat on thursday from the airport so I shall be south side and willing to meetup before and after.
kool i'll come and say hi to you tomorrow night are you racing? what time's mat getting here? the meeting in wollongong starts at 8 but i'm gessing that most people are going to be coming down earlier then that and well we sometimes manage to even stay up till the early hours of the morning,(you can leave anytime you like) will be a good little turn out though. well i'll see you tomorrow night

Old 29-08-2012, 12:03 AM   #118
phildough
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Dunno what state you live in phil but Brisbane is **** to drive in haha. Roads are better though yes.

I'm so country obviously. If you can call the sunshine coast country. Depends where you live i guess. *Puts flame suit on*
I drive though the CBD daily, most days drive down Ann street and yes Brisbane is a sh!thole to drive though, but its a lot better than the madness they have here. Im sure green waves don't exist here.
Old 29-08-2012, 08:15 AM   #119
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 323 SP20 TURBO
Everyone comparing Sydney and Brisbane but i would say Melbourne got the best roads :P

I though MadMAT is driving down as well, what time he is landing?
Spykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #120
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykey View Post
Everyone comparing Sydney and Brisbane but i would say Melbourne got the best roads :P

I though MadMAT is driving down as well, what time he is landing?
im landing at about 2230. or 10.30pm

1994 323 BG Hatch 2005-2007 Crashed into truck
1991 323 BG Hatch 2007-2008/9 SOLD
2003 BJ SP20 J48 Hatch 2008-2011 Regretfully SOLD
1997 BA I4 Sedan 2012-CURRENT
1985 BF 323 Hatch 2014-2015
SOLD
1989 MX5 2015-2015
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote