Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 04-02-2008, 04:47 PM   #141
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
hahahahahaha i know its very serious.. but.. hahaha.. its a little funny..
what a story to tell people..
thats great hahaha
sorry..
haha
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:04 PM   #142
RedLineResident

Car: BA V6 Hardtop 5 Speed & 97 Prelude VTIR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISS-90BG View Post
Stayed in Port Victoria this weekend and some "natives" siphoned my fuel tank and broke the cap. ****in' pricks.
ah thats f***ing hilarious.

Absolute gold, ahahaha

That just made my week,

ps. sorry to hear about the pertrol cap.

"Amateurs practice until they get it right."
"Professionals practice until they can't get it wrong."
RedLineResident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 PM   #143
Astina Andy

Car: '97 BA Astina
Send a message via MSN to Astina Andy
Not been driving for too long. There are a few things that I have noticed.

1) Waiting at the bridge outside school, there is an empty school-bus at the intersection ahead. I waiting from 8:01 - 8:16 behind him. At 8:11 a guy in a black people mover waved him across for a good 30 seconds and the bus just sat there. Finally the guy in the Black KIA just turned and we waited another 5 minutes for the bus to move. Also there where millions of gaps which he could have taken. Thanks for making me late, Mr Bus Driver.

2) Coming down the Ipswich Motorway today there is a company Ute sitting in the merge lane, I didn't speed up or brake just rolled up behind him on the motorway leaving plenty of room for him to merge in. He keeps slowing down in the merge lane, finally the merge lane runs out and we are doing 30km/h when he decides he will merge then takes 2 minutes to speed up to the speed limit. It is people like this that create all the problems on the Ippy Motorway.

3) My manager is 26, she is on her learners, she drives up Forest Lake Boulevard at 40km/h when the speed limit is 70. I overtake in the left hand lane and she tells me I'm a hoon next time I work with her.

I'll probably think of more, I'll add them when they come up again.

Happy driving everyone.

Check out the ride:
My Ride
Astina Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #144
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Dum di dum di dum.

Last edited by GISS-90BG; 15-02-2008 at 06:23 PM.
GISS-90BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 05:13 PM   #145
RedLineResident

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISS-90BG View Post
Note to self: Don't adjust seat whilst braking.

Inertia wins that little skirmish convincingly.
you've advised us of this twice.
I would've though you'd have learnt your lesson by now.

Old 15-02-2008, 06:15 PM   #146
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
that's why you use a fixed back race seat. and with enough big mac's you can adjust your seat while braking,even with 310mm rotors up front, and a taxi cutting front of you.

Best tip I have is with the price drop in silicon implants these days - why not a get set of your own airbags if your car pre-dates them. Or if you can't grow your own.

As for bad driving complaint. I got a couple.

Drivers who think sitting in the middle or encroaching on one's lane.
Why do they think that just because they can make a camry waider or think big car means I'll tyake two lanes up and no one can come up the left hand lane at lights to beat me because I'm a slow arse.
why do they do that. Or why do they do it when they behind that car and just because they don't have balls to blow away that HSv they have to stop you doing it. For me I know I can fit and do so but they don't have panic or be shocked- just understand they don't know where there car sits on the road.

here is a classic.

Appaerently it's still true. Sports - car with exhuast - custom plates - driving normally - Eg not slow nor speeding. - You make one turn into ally way and the Cops think your a Criminal or drug dealer or just hiding from them. Car stolen etc. But my real question Why me - Yes it's not right that person from okay the other side of the city is on the North side on the tranquil North shore. But strike me silly, why pick on my arse for, I know I'm good looking.
It's valintines days night - What do they think I was doing going down the ally ways? Gee Some Dumb police officers these days. It's like they all jump to figureing they can get a bust by following the obvious.

At least when I get pulled up in Rose bay, it's for something decent and at least he lies - and threatens defects on me.

On Sad note. One of my Friends from my current TAfe Studies class died over summer break.
in a WRX - it was apparently speeding but it was hit from the Side-. He was only a passenger. But not only did that driver kill his self but our buddy classmate and friend as well.
So let it be lesson to you to remember when carry others you do have responsability to get them home safe as well.

RIP - MC Matty E
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2008, 06:22 PM   #147
GISS-90BG

Car: 1990 BG Astina
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLineResident View Post
you've advised us of this twice.
I would've though you'd have learnt your lesson by now.
I do apologise. I came to say it again, because I had another falling out with the seat today, hahaha. In a work car, no less. >.<
Old 18-02-2008, 10:48 AM   #148
shomey2

Car: Currently a '99 Opel Astra, eyes on a '98 BA all factory spec.
I bloody hate weavers.
Get it all the time over here.

I'm behind a line of traffic last week, n alls i see is cars in front with a cars distance in between them. Limit is 100km we're stayin constant at just below 90.
This boy racer Peugot 206 with a joke of a bodykit and a 30 euro muffler (im sure ill be corrected) from Argos overtakes me at 100, stays in front for about a minute then overtakes again. He does this about 15 times befor we reach the next town where I see he's stopped to go to the shop.... so he has to start his game again. Muppet.

Dont know what annoyed me more, that impatient dick or me gettin pissed off with him!
Old 18-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #149
Smikey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: BA '97 Astina
I hate it when people tail gate you and you can't get out of their way because of other cars in the lane next to you. So instead of giving you space to slow down and get behind, they force you to speed up because they're so close, and because 20 over (110km/h) isn't fast enough they highbeam you, beep at you and make a point of even trying to go around you on the right (where there is no lane).

So when you eventually catch up (not on purpose, because of a long hill) and high beam them back to show them how uncomfortable it is, they pull up next to you, yell profanities at you and then throw things from the passenger side at your car leaving a nice dent on the door. Of course doing so in their company van with their phone number all over it is also a good idea so when they cause a death eventually then they'll get free publicity. Oh and when they happen to be green P platers as well, it truly makes you believe that while they may know the rules of the road better than most, they at least know the ones which they break.
Old 30-04-2008, 01:05 PM   #150
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Went for a drive down to springfield to Tashs new work to see where this place is, anyways was driving back was near the BP at Goodna and was doing about 55k's in the 60 zone, was coming up to an intersection where i drive through and outta no where came this idiot driving a Domino's Pizza car doing about 80-90k's to beat me to the intersection, of course I braked, but if i were doing 60 he would have cleant me up good and proper, still gives me shivers down the spine thinking it over in my head...
Old 30-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #151
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
i've noticed there are more tools on the road at the moment. i avoided getting taken out by a holden last night when he ran the lights (i was the third car lined up, bit late to run the light you think?). and fri moring this b***h in her barina decided to cut me off in the shopping centre, take my park, get out, yell at me and give me the finger. i hope she enjoyed coming back to her car and finding all 4 valves and number plates on the bonnet
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 04:23 PM   #152
RedLineResident

^ good man.

4 valves, not valve caps right?

you should've only left 3 and hidden 1.

I hate inconsiderate people, who inconvenience you by being idiots.

Old 30-04-2008, 06:46 PM   #153
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
that's why you use a fixed back race seat. and with enough big mac's you can adjust your seat while braking,even with 310mm rotors up front, and a taxi cutting front of you.

Best tip I have is with the price drop in silicon implants these days - why not a get set of your own airbags if your car pre-dates them. Or if you can't grow your own.

As for bad driving complaint. I got a couple.

Drivers who think sitting in the middle or encroaching on one's lane.
Why do they think that just because they can make a camry waider or think big car means I'll tyake two lanes up and no one can come up the left hand lane at lights to beat me because I'm a slow arse.
why do they do that. Or why do they do it when they behind that car and just because they don't have balls to blow away that HSv they have to stop you doing it. For me I know I can fit and do so but they don't have panic or be shocked- just understand they don't know where there car sits on the road.

here is a classic.

Appaerently it's still true. Sports - car with exhuast - custom plates - driving normally - Eg not slow nor speeding. - You make one turn into ally way and the Cops think your a Criminal or drug dealer or just hiding from them. Car stolen etc. But my real question Why me - Yes it's not right that person from okay the other side of the city is on the North side on the tranquil North shore. But strike me silly, why pick on my arse for, I know I'm good looking.
It's valintines days night - What do they think I was doing going down the ally ways? Gee Some Dumb police officers these days. It's like they all jump to figureing they can get a bust by following the obvious.

At least when I get pulled up in Rose bay, it's for something decent and at least he lies - and threatens defects on me.

On Sad note. One of my Friends from my current TAfe Studies class died over summer break.
in a WRX - it was apparently speeding but it was hit from the Side-. He was only a passenger. But not only did that driver kill his self but our buddy classmate and friend as well.
So let it be lesson to you to remember when carry others you do have responsability to get them home safe as well.

RIP - MC Matty E

I leave for a few months and all of a sudden Rodhog speaks english!!!
Well... at least his posts are understandable now!! Woo hoo. Engrish win again.
Old 30-04-2008, 08:52 PM   #154
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavoAust View Post
and fri moring this b***h in her barina decided to cut me off in the shopping centre, take my park, get out, yell at me and give me the finger. i hope she enjoyed coming back to her car and finding all 4 valves and number plates on the bonnet
Oh my god, I havent laughed so hard in ages, im basically outta breath and weezing!!! (im asthmatic) You my friend, are the devil, but I like your approach
Old 30-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #155
guntersmells

Car: Mazda 323 Astina '02
yeah, in Cairns over easter, some d*ckhead in a big f*ck off 4wd was in the outside lane of this 2 lane round about, we both took off at the same time after another car, and this idiot cut right across me, very illegally turned left in the right hand lane, missing my car by...easily 5 cm, i didn't know my horn was that loud... f*cking d*ckhead.
guntersmells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #156
Lawsy

Car: 323 Astina 92 (BP 1.8sohc)
Oh where do I start.

If you're in the right lane and you don't intend on overtaking anyone (I don't care what speed you're doing; you could be going 200 for all I care) GET OUT OF THE DAMN RIGHT LANE IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE IT CORRECTLY.

Camry drivers. 99% of them have downs syndrome (if you're parents drive a camry, then it explains a lot [note my very blanket statement, not pointing at anyone, but apparently pointing at everyone. Tricky, eh?).
People who taligate me, while I ACTUALLY AM OVERTAKING PEOPLE when I'm already doing 8 over to get passed someone.
4WD's that have never seen a bit of dirt, and don't have a tow ball, or even the gooseneck to attatch a towball. You're a useless brick head, get off the road, moron.

P plate drivers who come up my arse, through MY backstreets, pretending they know how to drive, taking these rediculous lines to get through chicanes that I don't even move the steering wheel for.
Or conversly, when I come up the arse of someone, again, through MY BACKSTREETS (I'm claiming ownership simply for the purposes of knowing how to drive them, and drive them well) and then take off as if there's a race on. Again, they take these stupid wide lines through the easy chicanes, and again, I don't even move the wheel (maybe a fraction if the pace is up). Then through the real chicanes that you really do have to turn (the hardcore ones) they approach them from the inside, and usually hit the damn things. I take the wide line, miss the 1st inside apex by an inch, then do the same on the outside apex, and come out wondering what all the fuss is about. I end up having a higher average (or would have if I wasn't slowed by the tard) speed, without accelerating or braking throughout the whole section.

Oh I could right a book on annoying people. But I'm leaving out the normal "taxi's, mums in SUV's who couldn't keep a strait lane position if they drove a train, people who speed in school zones, people who cut me off, etc..." speal.

Some that stand out though are:
People who don't let me in, even though I let other people in.
People who don't realise that the reason there is a three car gap for them to merge into is because I MADE IT SO, and are completely oblivious to this fact.
People who jump in my three car length gap when I was simply being responsible, and not testing the rear seats of the car infront. The gap wasn't for you moron, get out of it (especially when they slow down afterwards, argh).

Seriously, I could just keep going, I'm going to stop and go to bed before my head explodes.
Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:16 AM   #157
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
i enjoyed reading that hahaha
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #158
RedLineResident

likewise

good rant.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #159
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
there are more retards on the road every day. was on the way to the gf's when this old lady in the right-hand turning lane next to me decides to cross into my lane when the lights went green. no indicating, warning, nothing. i realised what she was doing when she turned INTO ME. i slammed the brakes on combined with the horn. scared the s**t outta her friend in the passenger seat. there couldn't have been an inch between our cars. anyway at the next set of lights she made a turn ACROSS on coming traffic into a side street with people slamming on the brakes to avoid her. some people should be put down for everyone else's safety
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #160
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
sold a commodore for a mate, the bloke whom came to test drive the thing was driving around my neibourhood when ast a 4 lane road, in the right lane, at a traffic light, sat there after it went green for a good 2 minutes, waited till all the oncoming traffic had passed, calmly flicked on his indicator and turned right.

I'm not mentioning the cacophany of horns, the torrents of abuse hurled our way, or the real irate mofo whom came to knock on the window to ask the guy what he thought he was f&cking doing!?!?!?

After this little display of amazing courtesy the twit turns to me and say "some people are so inconsiderate"
You had to laugh.

At keast he bought the car.