Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 04-03-2010, 10:07 AM   #41
-dc-

Car: BA Hatch
hmm the plot thickens, the poor bloke trying to sell it would be s**tting bricks after all the scrutiny his car has had from mazda/laser enthusiests

MORE PARTS FOR SALE!!! Have a look!!
CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!!
-dc- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #42
S373N

Car: 1991 Mazda 323 Astina GTX Conversion (Currently M.I.A)
Send a message via ICQ to S373N Send a message via AIM to S373N Send a message via MSN to S373N Send a message via Yahoo to S373N
some p plater is bound to pick it up cause its turbo. unless in states other than tassie that have restrictions.
we can pretty much drive anything.
heard some guy had a 13b in his ke70 and drove it on his learners.
S373N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #43
-dc-

Quote:
Originally Posted by S373N View Post
some p plater is bound to pick it up cause its turbo. unless in states other than tassie that have restrictions.
we can pretty much drive anything.
heard some guy had a 13b in his ke70 and drove it on his learners.
wow what a hero...

i'm sure L platers is nsw under l plate laws still drive LS3 Commodores if their parents own them.

Old 04-03-2010, 09:02 PM   #44
Flyblown

Car: 88 BF ss, Familia GTR ,KH laser sedan 1.6 4WD Auto
Hi all, I just wanted to add my 2bobs (twenty cents) worth to this interesting read. I am 46 and an Avid Familia enthusiast I own a white 92 BG8Z GTR with the ACT number plate GENUINE will post photo later. Rodger trying to sell the gtx hatch on ebay had it advertised with the GTR Close ratio rally spec gearbox so I asked for KMs per hour at 3000 rpm in each gear. They matched the standard GTR box so I told him to edit the Auction as that was a misrepresentation and would allow the winning bidder to refuse to purchase the car on those grounds, dosen't say close ratio this time oh yeah its back up with a BUY NOW $4800 price tag.
With regard to the 95 GTX Sedan currently on EBAY I am a bit sceptical as to what it really is BUT i dont like to slander or defame people. I personally dont think I would like to purchase it without a thorough check of exactly what it is or WAS . I have been involved in Jap imports since 2000 where my first experience was quite expensive as i didnt really understand the process and believed what others were telling me . It was my first cosmo 20b paid $15000 to LANCE WARREN 3rotor.com for a car that had been imported as spare parts. Back then the cars for spares did not have to be cut in half. Now they do as I was not the only one to be caught this way. LANCE WARREN told that this cosmo was able to be complied. NO IT WASNT. I had to send it out of Australia to NZ and Re-import it. Many Thanks to Dave Morris of DMRH.com who helped me with the whole process and then Complied my Cosmo (thanks Dave you are a great bloke) I now own 3 cosmo 20b's.
So I did a lot of research into the whole process.
What I know now I want to share. Up until about 2002 you could Legally REBIRTH cars in VIC. Cut and shut and RE-Vin anything not anymore too many stolen cars made legal this way so Vic transport changed the rules and I think VIC government changed the LAW.
So that AUS VIN on the 95 sedan sure looks like a LEGAL REBUILD to me. I asked the seller if it is Low Volume Compliance or Personal Import he says Personal Import so I have asked him to upload a picture of the BLUE Australian Personal Import Compliance Plate that MUST LEGALLY be Attached to ALL personal imports in the engine bay somewhere, onto the Ebay Auction or email it to me.
Here is his reply Quote and I have used Quotation Marks here

"the car does not have a personal import plate. while it was a personal import. every state has different ways of registering it, its been issued with a new australian vin number."

I also asked about the JAP VIN and was told BG8R-301938.
HERE IS THE CRUNCH LINE.
I have access to all of the Mazda Japan Vin Codes and numbers.
I CANNOT LOCATE BG8R-301938 ,
I can find BG8P-301938 a Familia GT sedan build date 8 September 1992 colour code 4Z Red
I can find BG8Z-301938 a Familia GTX Hatchback Build date 21 January 1992 colour code PZ Black
The last BG8R- that I can find is BG8R-301307 a Familia GTX SEDAN Build date 31 May 1993 colour code PZ Black
They did come in SILLENT SILVER METALIC but no listing for any GREY

So I hope that My first post is of Value to you all and I can only say it is up to the buyer to decide what this car actually is!!!! he says it is the only one of these in Australia and it probably is that would depend though if there are any VIC REBUILD GTX SEDANS OUT THERE LURKING
That just took me an hour and a half to type sore fingers now.
Flyblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #45
-dc-

Flyblown,

you have some very valuable info there and the facts to back it all up.

your cars sound awesome, i'd love to see pics of them specially the cosmo's, i'va always loved them since there was a yellow one in hot4's with AME's, i think it would have been around the late 90's.

Old 04-03-2010, 10:34 PM   #46
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
hi fly i must say that is AWESOME for a 1st post
cheers for the BG8R code i found some things just by google
http://nagoyajapan1.wordpress.com/20...urbo-4wd-sale/
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforu...wd-e-bg8r.html
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...meta=&aq=f&oq=

and so on and so forth.
still doesnt solve the debate of what year the chassis is tho haha.
PERHAPS and this is a wild guess, the car is a 95 AUS spec BG series 2, that has been rebuilt with all jap parts from a import
Old 04-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #47
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
PERHAPS and this is a wild guess, the car is a 95 AUS spec BG series 2, that has been rebuilt with all jap parts from a import
I believe this man speaks the truth. I reckon the guy has transferred all parts from a wrecked GTX into this sedan. It's not as hard as you may think peoples. Very time and labour consuming though...

Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #48
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
This is what the a facelifted JDM BG8S (july 91) used to look like.
I know it a hatch but the were still very similar to the sedan.

phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:33 AM   #49
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
or he has an early model GTX and has swapped the late model tail lights into it

ohh everyone look closely at the pictures of the interior, look at the colour of the door jams...also the engine bay...its origionally a grey car...just resprayed the outside...

also any car that has to be imported that is to be registered in australia (no matter where you are) has to be complied and supplied with an australian chassis number (vechile identification number)...so the guy is full of ****...seems to be an australian car me thinks that has had everythign swapped over from an import...the import car was probably black...

Last edited by bourbon; 05-03-2010 at 08:39 AM.
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #50
mussing

Car: 1990 323 Astina BG SP
Looks like Roger is at it again over on boost.
mussing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #51
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mussing View Post
Looks like Roger is at it again over on boost.
Its no longer a vaild thread

He has been banned I think around 15times in the last 4 weeks on Boostlosing!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #52
Flyblown

Car: 88 BF ss, Familia GTR ,KH laser sedan 1.6 4WD Auto
Hi guys Very sorry Got my paint code mixed up 4Z is Sillent Silver not Red
Blaze Red is SQ. this might help explain the grey paint . The car apparently has an 11 digit JAP VIN stamped in the firewall, Australian VIN is 17 digits
below is a link to a full explanation of AUS VIN Numbers
Read this and I think it will tell all.
ITS VIN IS LIKE DNA it tells you exactly what this car is
Please every one read and learn KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
" I never get ripped off, BUT sometimes I pay up BIG dollars for the lesson I am being taught !!!!" yep we've all been there

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...Su_0R5ydnwjJZA

still with all my resources I cant find its Jap VIN though
But that DOESN'T mean its JAP VIN isnt real I just cant find it
Cheers all Flyblown
P.S. my front cut 92 Familia GTAe arrived to day close ratio here i come
Flyblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #53
ur2ez

Car: none
thanks for this thread guys..

was about to purchase this but now having second thoughts..
ur2ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #54
mrfamilia

Car: familia
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ur2ez View Post
thanks for this thread guys..

was about to purchase this but now having second thoughts..
lol, this has got to be the biggest joke pulled on me EVER!

oh let me start by OFFICIALLY saying this is my car. yes fokes, my 1995 series 2 familia, got any questions, happy to answer them. don't confuse me with roger, santa clause, and some terrorist in Jamaica. I've been a member of astinagt since 05. yes 5 years. and the only reason why i stumbled accross a forum talking about my car is cause someone actually had the guts to tell me about it. all you guys that are slandering me and trying to accuse me of being other people who didn't actually exist in 2005. are a joke. you are attempting to scare off genuine people who actually want this car. i've been nothing but honest and this is what i get. Thanks guys
mrfamilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2010, 11:48 PM   #55
mrfamilia

ok, lets start with my car. its a 1995. yes a 1995, the factory vin comfirms this. its the end of the product build of the familia series 2 gtx. one of the last bg8r's released. i personally bought this car because it was a 1995. i've owned about 10 familias now, gtr., gtx. but never a sedan version, and thats why i bought this in the first place.

lol @ the people that actually think i would waste endless dollars, effort and time changing the chassis to 4wd. next you will be saying im god or something stupid like that., the entire chassis of a 4wd is completly different to the front wheel drive model. (get your facts straight)! this car has the factory vin bg8r. why don't all you lot google it and learn alittle bit about the bg8r.

another point ill point out, all bg8r series two are fitted with series 1 (89-91) headlight design while retaining the series 2 bars. don't ask me why mazda decided on this, but if you do a image search on google for bg8r, you will see alot of series 2 familias with series 1 headlights., this isn't some freak mixture, this car is factory. learn the difference.

im 30 years old., not some stupid p plater who has no idea. i've had familias since no one knew what they where. yes i owned one of the very first familias (a gtr imported in 1996) first in australia. im not a idiot so don't treat me like one.
Old 15-04-2010, 12:03 AM   #56
mrfamilia

as dotars will clearly point out when a importer applys for a permit for the low volume workshop scheme they have to apply against a chassis code (eg bg8z). which means they can only comply bg8z. not taragos, not skylines, busses, trains etc. only what they have applyed for.

no one ever in australia applyed for a bg8r licence! you won't find any compliance guy who can comply it., therefor all bg8r cars that do exist in australia have been brought in via personal import scheme.

the personal import scheme works differently from state to state, and varies during years. rules change and situations exist where some people get caught up in it.

this car was issued a australian vin number from state roads (under vicroads) its been registered since 2003. it complys with vicroads australian standards. many people where worried it couldn't be transferred interstate. however i did not buy it with the intention of not being able to register it in nsw. i did my investigation and spoke to rta technicial hotline, did a vin check, did a vicroads history check, then passed a nsw blueslip inspection. if the car couldn't be registered in nsw it wouldn't of got the blueslip. again im not a idiot, i do my homework, but you lot didn't bother. just jumped the gun and threw accusations out there.

did it ever occur to you that im a honest seller on ebay and that i have over 200 points with a previous history on ebay selling imports and only ever getting positive feedback! that means i've delt with 200 individual people all giving me positive reviews. im sorry but if i wasn't honest, my ebay account would not exist to that level. i don't waste time, i provide full details, history, information, everything, any buyer that has actually seen me and the car can tell you about the paper work i have for it.

please respect me and my sale, i don't like backstabbers.
Old 15-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #57
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfamilia View Post
ok, lets start with my car. its a 1995. yes a 1995, the factory vin comfirms this. its the end of the product build of the familia series 2 gtx. one of the last bg8r's released. i personally bought this car because it was a 1995.
I thought that they stopped making GTX sedans in Japan in may 1994 when they released the BA.
It may be a aus 1995 323 sedan but I somehow don't think its a 1995 Japanese new GTX.

I used to live in NZ and had a lot to do with Familias there, and I never saw a GTX sedan later than 94.
I could be wrong however.

Last edited by phildough; 15-04-2010 at 07:07 AM.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #58
-dc-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfamilia View Post
as dotars will clearly point out when a importer applys for a permit for the low volume workshop scheme they have to apply against a chassis code (eg bg8z). which means they can only comply bg8z. not taragos, not skylines, busses, trains etc. only what they have applyed for.

no one ever in australia applyed for a bg8r licence! you won't find any compliance guy who can comply it., therefor all bg8r cars that do exist in australia have been brought in via personal import scheme.

the personal import scheme works differently from state to state, and varies during years. rules change and situations exist where some people get caught up in it.

this car was issued a australian vin number from state roads (under vicroads) its been registered since 2003. it complys with vicroads australian standards. many people where worried it couldn't be transferred interstate. however i did not buy it with the intention of not being able to register it in nsw. i did my investigation and spoke to rta technicial hotline, did a vin check, did a vicroads history check, then passed a nsw blueslip inspection. if the car couldn't be registered in nsw it wouldn't of got the blueslip. again im not a idiot, i do my homework, but you lot didn't bother. just jumped the gun and threw accusations out there.

did it ever occur to you that im a honest seller on ebay and that i have over 200 points with a previous history on ebay selling imports and only ever getting positive feedback! that means i've delt with 200 individual people all giving me positive reviews. im sorry but if i wasn't honest, my ebay account would not exist to that level. i don't waste time, i provide full details, history, information, everything, any buyer that has actually seen me and the car can tell you about the paper work i have for it.

please respect me and my sale, i don't like backstabbers.

wow, im sure everyone is jumping to buy this now after that little rant... if your worried about people slandering this car and you, you should check out fordlaser.com there's much more there too

Old 15-04-2010, 07:45 AM   #59
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
wow I mean..... (speechless)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #60
mrfamilia

you lot honestly don't understand, im not trying to sell you a car. i don't care if you don't buy it. im a honest seller looking for a honest buyer. anyone who actually meets up with me and see's the car for them selfs can see its a genuine sale.

familia bg was manufactored between 5/89 - 2/95

this is a bg8r not the bg8z. they didn't start releasing the 8r till later as the 8z was the original rally pocket.

i don't care what fl ppl have said. again you all can talk. but your wasting your time. bitching about other peoples cars without facts actually makes you lot kinda low.

again ill point out. if vicroads and the rta know this car is legit and have giving it the full tick of approval. who the hell do you lot think you are who have no idea about compliance or what ever when it actually comes down to registering a import. this car will pass any honest inspection. there is no bull**** here. you lot attempted to accuse me of being someone else. then attempted to accuse me of converting it to 4wd. seriously can't you see the bull**** being spread.

i've been totally honest and anyone that actually see's the car can see i've kept it in clean condition and have spent endless dollars restoring this fine bg8r. so please end this topic and talk about someone else. k