Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 31-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
TheMAN

Car: .
Eunos 800/Millenia door strikers + LS400 door checker covers installed!

Since I have long finished making my car go fast, I have moved on to making it look nicer... I noticed this somewhat popular mod in the Toyota scene:
http://www.mr2.com/forums/show-off/T...-mk2-only.html
Lots of new cars now come with chrome door strikers with the plastic caps covering the screws... Hyundai is one of them!

I went to the wreckers and found a Lexus LS400, I test fitted the chrome door strikers on a Protege there and they didn't fit! Hole spacing was way off! Tried just the plastic covers on the stock Protege door strikers... wouldn't clip on...
But I remember the Eunos 800/Millenia had a similar setup, just no chrome strikers... no big deal to me... so I tried the Eunos 800/Millenia door striker caps on the Protege... wouldn't clip on... so I next tried swapping the Eunos 800/Millenia door striker over.. perfect fit!

Only minor rubbing on the door latch screw against the plastic cap on the front door:

On the LS400, there were also plastic covers over where the door checkers attach to the door jamb... nice little touch to hide some of the mechanical parts of the door

So I ganked those but tried them on the Protege... doesn't fit! But what if I cut them.....

Now it works! It doesn't cover around the attachment bracket completely, but it's good enough... I'll need to wait for a 929 to show up at the wreckers before I can try those instead

Last edited by TheMAN; 01-04-2013 at 10:34 AM.
TheMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
nice touch Ed
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote