Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 19-03-2010, 11:36 PM   #81
RustyKaos

Car: 1998 BA 323 Astina Hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
come on fella's lets relax okay.

I don't know this guy nor do I care.

but look if the new owner is the same owner or not. Simple ways to work it out either way.

When a cruise is organized or several with in the sydney basin wait and see if one GTX and So called NEW owner turns up.

Then all eyes can feast upon the car and see how it has evolved.

My opinion Which is one of greatnest ( taking the piss here)
but considering this thread and others I will put it here.

I've owned several cars at one time having 5 full rego's insurred cars ot my name - stupid and stupid.
I put more into cars then one should - I could have an appartment payed of by now or similar investment.

all cars are money pits. but what bugs me is how this guy and others think bargin's or some thing lemons. everything has a potential.

all 2nd hand cars are lemons all cars once off the showroom or once built are just bleeding money.
at the same time each of us has our own opinion of a car. eg you know you should not buy a broken ferrari but temptation to buy one cheap and fix up is mega (don't do it)

now this person and we know the cars so called history - yeah I know the threads forums etc but who are we to gudge one fools attempt to convince ANOTHER FOOL INTO buy in it.

everyday we get marketed with crap about crap. Buy this and watch your back hair grow into added arms of power.

I say he's got a car 20 years old it's worth only the rego it's on. has no rego - it's scrap metal price.
Reason 20 year old car - no rego ( pain in arse in nsw to get right even on a import)
20 year old car - parts = pain import = added double pain.

It's a mega blessing P-platers can't own it. stupid enough to want and buy.

but Out there someone with money burning a whole in ones pocket will buy it and MAY see something else in it.
Or they may go down that great slide of fun and PAIN - you know fun bit it's working great - Pain = end of the slide - 1000's rusty knifes waiting for your balls to slice.

for those who don't read this or others or don't take minor advice - So BE it.
Live and let them Die or learn.

As they say you can only lead a horse to water you can't make it drink it.

but one to remember is

Tight arse's Won't pay but they always want you to pay.

so good luck to the tightarse and the new owner is there is one and think - it's only GT-X familia.
Well said Rodhog. I fully agree.

Come challenge me. I dare ya.
RustyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2010, 11:53 PM   #82
chazmurphy

Car: wreverb
jbv j

Last edited by chazmurphy; 13-12-2014 at 03:52 PM. Reason: srgrh
chazmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 12:06 AM   #83
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyKaos View Post
Well said Rodhog. I fully agree.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmurphy View Post
"It's a mega blessing P-platers can't own it. stupid enough to want and buy. "

Are you saying that P-platers are all stupid?......if so pretty lame comment.
Any douche that goes out and buys a turbo car on there P's is just plainly an idiot...
Old 20-03-2010, 07:03 AM   #84
mill_mobile

Car: 98 BJ
Send a message via MSN to mill_mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
Any douche that goes out and buys a turbo car on there P's is just plainly an idiot...
Agreed, no where near enough experience to know how to drive it safely... Also insurance costs are plain madness.

Also, not understanding the 1st reason (lack of experience) isn't grounds for calling it a lame comment... Think about it, chazmurphy, TOTAL danger on the road for the majority of younger drivers...
Old 20-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #85
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
i disagree. HOWEVER buying this or any other familia would be stupid. just becuase unless you are not ever going to mod it in any way, and drive like a grandma, service it properly/reguarly, and garage it, it will be a complete money pit, like any semi-valuable rarer car i guess.

buying a stock turbo car etc- the majority arent crazy, its only when people start modding them with bigger turbos, more boost, ecus etc when it gets out of hand -i guess driving style comes into play too.

personally i doubt ill ever buy a turboed car - at least for street use, i find it easy enough to speed and kill myself in the astina! wouldnt be suprised if i keep it for years or replace it with something equivilant...
Old 20-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #86
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmurphy View Post
"It's a mega blessing P-platers can't own it. stupid enough to want and buy. "

Are you saying that P-platers are all stupid?......if so pretty lame comment.
what he's getting at i believe is that as a new p-plater... suddenly you have so much independence and you want your own car and u have a "rep" you have to hold up. I know i'll go on ebay and look for the baddest turbo fully sik car around. hey turbo... that sounds promising!

its a silly mentality that all guys have, from their p-plates till they have to chop their license in half and hand it in at 80

we're all young and stupid at heart
but to drive on the road u gotta use ur head
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #87
outbakoz
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 BA Astina Hatch
I honestly think you guys are generalising way too much over the P Plate/turbo thing.

I grew up on a farm i was driving at the age of 9, by 11 i could drive all the tractors, trucks, motorbikes .... well you get the picture, so by the time i went for my P's i had been driving for 8 years. Could i have handled a turbo, more than likely, the farm hack was a chrysler v8 ute.
There are guys that race karts from an early age and have better car control than 80% of all licensed drivers.
Sure, in the average sum of things ,in our god damned nanny state, most P Platers shouldn't be driving a turbo but there will always be the exception and to be honest i think its a band aid issue.

Cars are safer, roads are safer, yet people still die, so is driving skill the falling standard? Shouldn't we be teaching our youth to drive better so that they are safe regardless of the car? Defensive Driving skills, surely would make the biggest impact. Increasing the driving standard, so maybe not everyone can get a license, and take some of the people off the road that have less of a clue about the road rules.

Sometimes you've got to step past all the Gov BS, and see the situation for what it really is.

As for Rodgers GTX, carefactor 0. Can we get this thing locked?

My Car

Last edited by outbakoz; 20-03-2010 at 09:12 AM.
outbakoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #88
chazmurphy

Car: wreverb
no, all i was getting at was the massive generalization he made about all p-platers wanting to go buy a "fully sick" car.....only reason i eventually got around to getting my p's was to get more work.....not "chiks bro"
chazmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 02:07 PM   #89
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
every person has the same reason to getting a licence, and that is to be independant. now weather it is to have moe work, to have more freedom from parents, to have more fun with friends or partners, it all comes down to independancy. i fully understand and agree with what rodhog and outbacoz are saying. the longer you have been driving the more experience you have. if you have been privelaged to be drvn from a young age like outbacoz then by the time you get your ps you will have mroe experience than drivers in their mid 20s who started driving when they got Ls. this doesnt change the fact that 95% of p platers (red) JUST got their licence and JUST started driving anywhere. this is the reason why they will crash because they just dont know how to drive yet. and as for getting a RWD or a turbo (or a turbo rwd or a rotary turbo rwd ) you will without much experience not know how tocountersteer to pull out of a oversteer for eg. FWD cars are more idiot proof because if u start understeering u just let go of gas and loosen the wheel a bit and u will regain controll much easier.
if i was the minister for transport i would make a law that a P plater canot drive a RWD car, a V6, turbo or supercharged engine, a rotary or anything over 1600cc. i would make the law where you get your Ls at 15 and get your Ps after holding your L for a year. Ps would last 4 years. that means earliest a person could get opens would be 20's with 5 years of driving behind the wheel and most of the stupidity out of their system.
but i will never become the minister of transport, and as loooong as the public figures kiss rich pplz arses and are looking for votes rather than serving the ppl then we will keep getting screwed over. lke right now, oh we push the age up for licence, let them have LESS experience when they move out of home and are on their own, when noone can controll them and tell them what they can drive, how long thay can stay out and if they can take the car to a weekend trip 2 states over... THAT is jsut sher stupidity. if you train ppl to do the right thing from a early age they will do the right thing later. as it is now you get your Ps when your what 18? by that time many ppl have mooved out of home and noone can tell them squat. then they die cus of lack of experience and who gets blaimed? what happens? oh we will push the licence age up again, perhaps they will be more mature then.. perhaps its too late then
Old 20-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #90
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
there does need to be some standardised teaching of driving though...
in the current system you can go for your P's without ever even speaking to an proper RTA instructor. which means that billy bob and mary joe who aren't the greatest drivers are teaching you to drive, you develop the poor habits of them who have been driving 20 odd years and have slackened off.
i know my parents actually made an effort to try and remove their bad habits when teaching me and slap me down for being lazy (1 hand on the wheel etc)

has anyone noticed lately that indicators are being used less and less...
i would say that every day i see someone turn a corner or change lanes without an indicator. its starting to bug me. its a hazard
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #91
RustyKaos

Car: 1998 BA 323 Astina Hardtop
I hate it when people don't indicate and the lack of knowledge on how to use a round about is the other issue.

As for P-Platers, they are learning. I have been driving since I was 12 on properties and got my L's when I was 16. Kept my L's till I was 23 before upgrading simply for the fact that I didn't need to drive at all (and couldn't afford to buy a car). It all comes down to lots of different factors and it is the minority that ruins it for the majority

Come challenge me. I dare ya.
RustyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2010, 05:31 PM   #92
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Defensive driving should be paramount & built into driving tests today. I will admit my first car @ 17 was a 351 4 speed, @ 18 a 308 Statesman then a turbocharged E38 Charger. Charger had LSD & stuck like glue though. There wasn't the cars on the roads then. Certainly not like now in the city suburbs.

I do agree with 70NYD. RWD cars, especially when it has just rained & roads are slippery as, are "potentially" more dangerous & certainly require far more correction skills than a FWD. Torque steer can be easily corrected & gotten usd to than a powerful RWD or even a light RWD car or empty ute.

Learn to drive in stock cars under hairy conditions. Then move up to more powerful cars. Once your in a major accident. Too late to say "**** I was an idiot" BUT, this goes for older, more skilled drives. Excess booze & fatigue are the big killers. Everyone knows it

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote