Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > Group Buys & Special Offers

Old 08-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #1
skar6270

Car: mazda 323 astina 1.8l ('97)
Thumbs up EOI: ultimate auto trim

hi i know im a newbie here and im already trying to start a group buy but anyway. Im just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a group buy for these leather seat covers. The skyline guys have managed to knock off 200 bucks off the package with 20 people which is a top deal (imo): http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...ic=145330&st=0

just for the lazy ones though:

The Package which costs $600 pickup $630 Anywhere in Australia but Perth which is $650 and Includes:

Front & Back Seats
Wrinkle Front & Back
Embossing Front & Back
Door Trim, Centre Console, Handbrake Cover & Parcel Shelf and Gear Boot
Postage

The Package is a SAVING OF $220!!

I know leather seat covers sound a bit dodgy which is what i was thinking as well but after seeing some of the skyline guys cars my minds set, group buy or not: http://www.users.on.net/~pacey/seats/seats.htm

Oh and finally if possible could somebody else organise the thing if it is to go through. honestly my organisational skills are ****house. The website is on ebay and is: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/LEATHER-SEAT-...QQcmdZViewItem

anyway im off to work, ill have to check back in the night. if nobody is interested no worries. i look forward to meeting all of you in the near future. cya

p.s i dont own a skyline!, ive got a stock 97' ba hatch in noble green. problem is its at the mechanic for a couple of weeks and i havent taken pics yet so im going to wait before i post an intro

Last edited by skar6270; 08-02-2007 at 11:03 AM.
skar6270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 14-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
skar6270

hey plans changed there is still time to get in on that group buy at that skyline forum if you want. haha doesnt seem like theres too much interest here but i think they still need about 5 more people or so.

they've had about 30 people in their first group buy and all of them said the finished product was top stuff. and if you pay a couple hundred for a proper installer to put them in (glue them to the fabric etc) it looks like this:

Last edited by skar6270; 15-02-2007 at 07:18 PM.
Old 14-02-2007, 08:51 PM   #3
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Sorry but leatherette seat covers that are not designed to fit the Astina glued on to my boring yet plush seats???
Old 14-02-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 Mazda 6 Luxury Sport Hatch
Send a message via MSN to sandman_kar
thats where i got my leather interior from. Its awesum quality stuff at an affordable price. The group buy makes it even better value. High recommended. I still havta get my handbrake boot and centre console done
sandman_kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #5
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
I am interested, this is the place I was thinking of going through afterall anyhow... Can you advise me of how to proceed with colour selection, finish, etc?

Cheers,
Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 07:06 PM   #6
skar6270

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Dude
Sorry but leatherette seat covers that are not designed to fit the Astina glued on to my boring yet plush seats???
hi mate haha yeah i should have made that clearer they will actually be custom made for the astina or any other car for that matter.. seeing as though sandman_kar already went through the company they have the design for out car already! thanks mate

they are seat covers so there is no need to glue them to the seats unless you want them to look perfect. they come with velcro and optional string you can use to tie them to the foam in the seat. honestly i will be going through a retrimmer just because from what ive seen they do end up looking like a proper 3000 dollar retrim (haha maybe not so much but still really good)

Gav head over to http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...ic=145330&st=0 asap! and follow the instructions at the top of the first page or have a look at how some of the other guys did it.. im on the 9th page (look for member: astina).

Be quick because i think they may close this soon. Basically all you do is choose the package (recommended) or the bits and pieces you want along with the colour(s) you want. btw im not too sure if the 2 tone leather will be an extra 50 or not.. doesnt look that way as most of the 2 tone guys are still paying the same price

after you choose what you want send the payment to that account on the first page (quoting user name and car in the description for the payment) and then send an email to jetdat (jetdat@hotmail.com) stating your address you want the stuff delivered to

Last edited by skar6270; 15-02-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 15-02-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

lol u lucky bastards. They had to pull my car apart to get my seats material design of it. I was driving round with bright yellow foam seats for weeks.
Old 15-02-2007, 08:05 PM   #8
skar6270

hahahaha and i thank you for every second of it
Old 16-02-2007, 04:00 PM   #9
Savvyfx
Awesome Member

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman_kar
lol u lucky bastards. They had to pull my car apart to get my seats material design of it. I was driving round with bright yellow foam seats for weeks.
Do you have anymore pictures of your setup Sandman_Kar other than the ones in your Garage?
Savvyfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

lol yeah. wat type of pics u want? i can take sum now 4 u.
Old 16-02-2007, 06:13 PM   #11
Savvyfx
Awesome Member

Car: .
I just want to see the fitting quality. Some of the pictures have a bit of looseness on the seat in some areas. What colour (code) did you end up choosing. M004 or M001?

Is there any wear in certain places compared to others? Eg. the right side bolster (I think that's what it's called) on the drivers seat.
How long have you had it in for? Was yours stitched &|| glued in? Any regrets or points of interest? Thanks for the time your taking dude, I appreciate it ^_^
Savvyfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 06:18 PM   #12
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

well i didnt get it fitted by them. Me and my mate installed it. its not glued on. Its only tied underneath with elastic straps. Its basically seat covers. thers sum looseness on my drivers seat, where ya bum goes but im sure that could be fixed wen i get the time to make it tighter. As far as wear goes theres none as yet. I used armour all leather protectant on it. My car is left in the sun quite a lot too and there are no signs of cracking. Ive had it for prob 9 months now. I only regret not getting them to install my door trims cos they r peelin!! But the seats themselves r fine.

A bit of advice though, ull have to take ur seats apart to put it on. Cos the back seat has so many pieces and the front seats have levers and things at the side.
Old 16-02-2007, 06:25 PM   #13
sandman_kar
AstinaGT Regular

ohh and the colour im not 100% sure . cos i went to the place and just saw the colour on display. I didnt see the number