Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Introduce yourself

Old 11-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #1
Hzrd89

Car: 1992 Astina
NQ 'stina

Hey hey,

my names shamous, im 19 and just bought my 'stina today. It's a '92 standard astina, no mods as of yet, with the exception of audio and interior mods (the door panels have red leather trimming, and the dash panels are trimmed red aswell.

im going to put my pod filter on this arvo with the 100mm ag pipe running through to the bottom front (under the radiator) so that i will have cold air intake. Cheers for the how to on that btw.

my question is: what are some economically efficient ways of increasing the performance of my car? like i said it is stock at the moment, i plan on putting a bpt into it (covering any turbo mods i would need to do) but in the mean time, what can i do to give me more hp/performace that wont be taken out when i put in the bpt?

cheers.
Hzrd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2008, 03:28 PM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
sorry to say but almost nothing.

if you are prepared for alot of droning noise. then you could fit a 2.5" exhaust now on the n/a. it will probably run really sh!t under 3000rpm. but will then function also when you go turbo.

a HD clutch and LSD can be fitted in the gearbox also. as both will increase cornering and intial accelleration. but not really any good power gains.

aftermarket ecu - big gains for both n/a and turbo applications. just needs slight returning about boost increase.

adjustable cam gears.

that's all i can really think of. n/a and turbo power adders and completely different from each other.

hopefully that helps you out.

ryan

p.s. hello and welcome to agt.

Last edited by project.r.racing; 11-08-2008 at 03:30 PM.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
White_Midnight

Car: 97' Astina, 85' Datsun HB11, 99' Opel Vectra B
Hello
White_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote