Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Traders > Rupewrecht's JDM Parts - jdmparts.rupewrecht.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
Rupewrecht
Administrator

Car: AZ-1, Astina Hardtop Turbo, BJ Protege, Beetle
[READ ME] Yahoo Japan Auctions - Buying from Japan, Costs and Links

How to Buy things from the Yahoo Auctions:

I offer a service that enables you to buy anything from Japan that isn't available through normal channels.
99% of Japanese sellers will not ship overseas, and 99% off the time you'd need to know Japanese in order to be able to communicate with them, plus sellers don't deal in Paypal and wont accept money orders etc.

I can buy anything from:
• Yahoo Japan Auctions
• Goo
• Upgarage, Tyre Ichiba etc
• Any workshop that has a web presence - Maruha, KG Works, Rauh Welt etc
• All manufacturers - Mazda, Toyota, Nissan etc
• and any current manufacturer of new parts - Rays, Enkei, Mazdaspeed, Nismo, TRD, HKS - you name it.
• plus anything non-car-related as well.

For Auctions:
All you need to do is work out what you want to spend on an item to get it to your door.
I will quote you a price (or range of) to get it to you via various methods, and you can then work out what your budget is (as these are auctions, and so you can be outbid by other bidders).
I will then take bid/s within your budget.

Depending on your location:
• All items come in from Japan via Sea/container into Melbourne, where you can then pick them up or i send them to you.
• Once arrived - and depending on size - i ship at cost via Australia Post or via an insured courier service direct to you.
• Or if you are located overseas, i can ship direct from Japan to you, anywhere in the world.

When i list an auction you will find that at the bottom i will give a cost for the item in Yen (¥) and AUD ($). This is not the landed cost. If i say 'Current price is...', this means someone has already placed a bid, and you will have to beat their unknown maximum. Some auctions will also have a 'Buy-It-Now' price, but this is reasonably rare.

There is no sniping possible with the YJ Auctions - any opposing bid placed in the last 5 minutes of the auction will extend the auction another 5 minutes - so that if you were outbid, you've got enough time to place a new bid. This means that auctions can theoretically run for another 30 minutes or more after the original auction end time, as bidders keep outbidding each other.
Plus, the Buy It Now price stays available for the duration of the auction, and cannot be exceeded.

The minimum cost for anything is around AUD$55 for anything starting from 100yen/$1. But it all depends on size/weight really.

Shipping costs/fees rise with the selling price of the item, but are generally double the item cost - except for small items (where costs will be higher) or large items like panels/a set of wheels (which will be under the 'double' figure). But it all really depends on the Yen vs AUD at the time.

Costs involved in buying an item:

• The purchase price
• Agent's commission - 15% or AUD$10, whichever is greater
• My commission - 10% or AUD$10, whichever is greater
• Postage to the agent in Japan
• Freight to Australia via container, import duty, GST, and freight from me to you
OR
• Direct from Japan to you via EMS (Express Air) or Surface Mail (Sea)

Costs involved in buying a car/halfcut:
• Car cost
• Freight from seller to yard in Japan – 20-30000yen
• 15% car cost for Japan commission
• Import duty and GST
• AUD$2300 to cut the car in half, container transport plus disposal of back half in Japan (if front halfcut only wanted). Add $600 to transport the back half over here later.

How to pay for stuff

If you're a first-time buyer, i'll generally ask for a deposit before placing a bid. Paypal is best for this as it's instant. If it's for an item that i can probably sell myself, i wont bother, but if it's something obscure i'll require one (in case you run off and don't pay!).

Once the auction is won, bank transfer is preferable if in Australia, otherwise Paypal for all overseas transactions, or Western Union if you're comfortable using that. Paypal does incur a 3% charge though. Payment within 7 days is appreciated, but if it's a $500+ purchase then we may be able to work something out. I am not a bank - i need to pay for items within 14 days myself

Generally you will be billed for 'landed' cost, with domestic or international shipping to be worked out afterwards. I have no precise way of knowing that shipping cost until i have weighed (and repackaged properly if necessary) the item/s. There are exceptions - if i've received a similar item before i will make an educated guess on shipping cost.

Shipping:
Yes, i can ship worldwide. Please ask for a quote!
Shipping methods from Japan, direct to you: EMS (Express Air), SAL (Slow Air), Sea, LCL (Less than Container Load).
Shipping Methods from/within Australia: ECI (Express Courier International), Air, Sea, Courier.

Contacting me
A) Send me a PM if it's something you've found that you want, or
B) Leave a post in the relevant thread if it's something i've posted.
C) Send an email to jdmparts[AT]rupewrecht[DOT]com

DISCLAIMER:
I cannot be held responsible for the quality or fitment of items purchased off the Yahoo Japan Auctions. Unfortunately it's part in parcel with buying overseas - you have to trust the seller has listed the item accurately and truthfully. With the small commissions I charge, I'm unable to offer warranty or returns for damaged, incorrect or faulty items. By using my service, you waive all rights to a refund or exchange - you buy at your own risk!

Translators:
For a Japanese to English translation, you can use
Babelfish - http://babelfish.altavista.com/
Google - http://www.google.com.au/language_tools?hl=en
Foxlingo - http://www.concisefreeware.com/foxlingo.php

How to read an auction:
I've been meaning to do this for a while, and thought it might help a few people when viewing an auction link.

jdmparts.rupewrecht.com
Sourcing your not-quite-overnight parts from Japan

WRECHT--|--SLOWTEGE--|--BEETLE--|--SUBSTITUTE--|--AZ-1

Last edited by Rupewrecht; 25-10-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Updated for clarity!
Rupewrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links