Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Interior & Electrics

Old 24-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #1
BG1.8sp

Car: 2009 BL MPS
Arrow BJ front seat upgrade

Point of this thread... I want new front seats that are more suited to someone my frame size (like a jdm man ) not tall but not short and skinny

Was going to get recaro seat rails for the BJ and get some evo7 seats... But rails for drivers and passengers are hard to come by and exxy.

Think I saw bikingpro's sexy looking beast of a pro5 with the MPS seats...

Have a question regarding that.... What is needed for this upgrade??
Direct bolt up?? Custom brackets used with MPS rails?

If brackets needed to be made up... Possible to get a drawing/template with measurements?

Nowwww the most interesting question that I have... Think it was Matt or Dane that mentioned to me last weekend that the Imprezza seats fit?
And that one bracket needed the slightest bit of bending?

Can someone confirm this? Is there a write up of m247?
Oh and if it's true.. What model imprezza?

Cheers people!
Old 24-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #2
Ricop5

Car: 02 Protege5
as far as I have read and seen they are the same

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...-protege-seats
ms3 wheels ,NGR hub with quick release and sparco wheel, system, hids, exhaust, headers, Injen cold air intake, adjustable rear endlinks, engine bay washer dress up kit, shorty antenna, interior leds, braided clutch line, jdm tailights, wink mirror
My P5 build thread
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...ke-one-too-lol
Ricop5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
BG1.8sp

Just looked through biking's thread again... Mazda 3 seats with custom rails...
But really want to find more info on these imprezza seats tho!

And yeah those MSP seats would cost a bomb to get shipped over here...
So that's ruled out to

I really don't like the stock seats tho... Personally actually find recaro's way more comfy (even for long distance) than my sp20 seats... And the sp20 seats are useless at holding me in
Old 25-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #4
Ben

Car: MPS
Marc had some seats in his for awhile. Pretty sure madmat now has them or something? *Cant confirm*

I'm sure Marc will get in here and tell you what he had.

I would go with the MPS seats, they look stock which is great for the rear seats. Getting popcorn for this thread as i wanted to do the seats as well.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
Ricop5

yes for ms3 you will need for sure custom brackets im pretty sure
yep i want ms3 or evo/sti seats . if not sparcos to combine with my steering wheel

ms3 wheels ,NGR hub with quick release and sparco wheel, system, hids, exhaust, headers, Injen cold air intake, adjustable rear endlinks, engine bay washer dress up kit, shorty antenna, interior leds, braided clutch line, jdm tailights, wink mirror
My P5 build thread
Old 25-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #6
BG1.8sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Marc had some seats in his for awhile. Pretty sure madmat now has them or something? *Cant confirm*

I would go with the MPS seats, they look stock which is great for the rear seats. Getting popcorn for this thread as i wanted to do the seats as well.
Marc had auotechnica seats with recaro rails....
I was going to buy the rails... But Phil slipped in and bought the rails *shakes fist* lol
Ideally I do want the recaro rails with the 8mr recaro's, black alcantara with red stitch... Yummmmm! Lol but they are expensive.

As said keen as to hear more about these imprezza seats that bolt up...
But if no luck will hang out for a Front pair or MPS seats then make up some custom brackets myself.
Old 25-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #7
swift jimmy

Car: Was '01 SP20 with FS-ZE
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...in-a-protege-5

swift jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #8
Ricop5

^ bingo!
My P5 build thread
Old 25-08-2012, 02:20 AM   #9
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1.8sp View Post
Marc had auotechnica seats with recaro rails....
I was going to buy the rails... But Phil slipped in and bought the rails *shakes fist* lol
Ideally I do want the recaro rails with the 8mr recaro's, black alcantara with red stitch... Yummmmm! Lol but they are expensive.

As said keen as to hear more about these imprezza seats that bolt up...
But if no luck will hang out for a Front pair or MPS seats then make up some custom brackets myself.
I still have the rails,as a mate of mine was going to upgrade seats in hos evo.. _)
Old 25-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #10
TheMAN

Car: .
if I was upgrading the seats, one of the criteria that I would want is REDUCING WEIGHT... that nixes the MPS seats, RX8 seats, etc
Old 25-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
BG1.8sp

Personally really don't give a crap about weight reduction. First and foremost is I need a comfy seat that will hold me in, secondly its got to look good ( not stand out like a sore thumb) and thirdly I don't wana spend loads of money.

Hmmmmm Marc... I do think I want those rails
Let me look into some prices that I can get for the imprezza seats, and how much I can get some recaro's for. Obviously recaro's are going to cost more, but they are a nicer seat

Cheers for that info fellas!
Old 25-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
TheMAN

I sat in the impreza seats before.... feels like crap compared to the protege ones
the STi ones of course are very nice... not too heavy compared to the rx8 ones, or MPS

you'll care about weight if your car still makes a whopping 96kw... add 50kg of weight to the car? talk about more slow!
Old 25-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #13
BG1.8sp

I do 99% of my driving at under 3k rpm and less that 20% throttle.
For the 1% to be a little slower in a straight line I don't care. So long as the seats hold me in a bit more and are comfortable for me to sit in.
I actually like the wrx seat. Quite comfy and hold me in better than the stockies.
But yeah the Evo recaro's are honestly perfect! I just sink into the seats and then I am glued there! Super supportive and comfortable for me (everybody complains that they are a bit to harsh for long journeys, I find that your as is a bit more sore, but back is superb!)
Old 26-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #14
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
IMO it's depends on your Body and weight etc.

I've got Fixed sparco in one car. long distance and short - makes no difference it's fine. The only hassle is getting in and out.
But the wegiht saveing ? well To be ohnest in that car in both my Gd chassis mazdas the seats were perfect.

The Mazda 2 - has seats wosre then the BJ323. and I'll be ohnest it's one reason I thought the BA was better equiped it had better seats. For me the Mazda 2 and MAzda 3 have average seats the MPS is better but depending on model of WRX - IMO the best was MY02 I think it was. the My97 onward was okay too and they were a bit smaller in wings and sTI model as well. So I know they fit in older and smaller cars

but for like I think it's about $300 -500 - some of the aftermarket make it so easy. I personally love some of the new sparco models I sat in one was great. perfect and it wasnt a fixed bucket. I normally find most aftermarket reclining types to be a bit either like Type R seats bit too tight so I have rest my balls on my legs or I don't get my shoulders in so I get back pain.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 05:49 AM   #15
TheMAN

honestly, I never had any problem with the seats in my BJ.... I've driven many many hours in it with no back problems... compared to the other cars I drive, the seats in the BJ are the best, followed by the tarago's

I've driven up to 10 hours in my car without feeling sore, other cars, I start feeling my back ache and my hips and thighs...
Old 31-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #16
sim08u

Car: Mazda SP20
keen to see what u end up doing, if the price is right, i'd probably follow suit.

Hustle and Flow
sim08u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #17
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
I looked into this a heap.

Wedge in the US make brackets for the recaro seats. The MPS seats wont work without custom rails and are riveted on or something?

I was thinking of trying S2000 seats with custom rails but if WRX works then that'll be my choice too.
Old 31-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
BG1.8sp

Lol too late... Already bought a drivers side recaro rail from rupe
Just have to get a passengers side one now

Was in my brothers recaro's again the otherday... And really no other seat compares to them in support, comfort and how well they hold you in

EDIT: we'll bride sparco do obviously... But yeh... Dot think I would settle for anything less
Old 31-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG1.8sp View Post
EDIT: we'll bride sparco do obviously... But yeh... Dot think I would settle for anything less
Come on be truthful.

You just want to have the name so you go. " Ladies look at my Recaros you can put you chunky ass into ohh yeah Giddy "

Don't worry it's why I got my Sparco Fixed bucket. I wanted to be Vin Deisel too. Had nothing to do with breaking 3 factory mazda seats.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #20
BG1.8sp

Ahaha lol, nah... I would actually prefer if they didn't say recaro on them