Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 02-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #61
BG1.8sp

Car: 2009 BL MPS
Ok... Now time for a bit or guard rolling...

The rear tyres just touch the guards with a fully loaded car (3 full sized guys in the back) only while turning fairly hard and hitting a large bump in the middle of the corner.
It's not a big issue considering it's an extremely rare situation for me... But still I don't like the potential for my tyres to rub, so guard rolling is my answer.

P.s. doesn't look like I will get to do any projects planned for the astina for quite a while,
Weather looks like its going to stay pretty crappy for the rest of the month
Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #62
smurfy

Car: sp20
thats what garagesss are forr!!! :d

To many of us, our cars are an extension of our own personalities, the way we choose to modify reflects this.
smurfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #63
BG1.8sp

Yeah I know, but currently filled by a couple of 300zx's an Evo and a liberty spec B
So pretty hard to find some garage space at my place. Lol

EDIT: totally read smurfys post wrong

Last edited by BG1.8sp; 02-02-2012 at 05:32 PM.
BG1.8sp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #64
sim08u

Car: Mazda SP20
haha and wowww i really like yr car, looks really really nice, all ya need now is that exhaust and yr done, hey man could u do me a favour just something small, I bought my head unit ages ago and fitted it in my mums car and now that I have my car my cousin might fit mine this weekend but I might consider getting something new, soooo what I'm asking is what does your head unit look like in the car and what colour theme have u got it set too, could you perhaps post a couple photos? thanks man.
sim08u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 05:55 PM   #65
BG1.8sp

Pic HEAVY!

Here is a few quick snapshots

Old 09-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #66
BG1.8sp

think photo bucket has gone a little crazy with sizing AGAIN... think its time to use a different host.

hope the sizes aren't too bad

Quote:
sim08u
haha and wowww i really like yr car, looks really really nice, all ya need now is that exhaust and yr done, hey man could u do me a favour just something small, I bought my head unit ages ago and fitted it in my mums car and now that I have my car my cousin might fit mine this weekend but I might consider getting something new, soooo what I'm asking is what does your head unit look like in the car and what colour theme have u got it set too, could you perhaps post a couple photos? thanks man
thanks heaps man, and PM sent regarding head unit
Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #67
smurfy

bahaha nothing wrong with the sizes
im loving the wheels they suit the car really well.. i think we need to have an sp20 photoshoot

To many of us, our cars are an extension of our own personalities, the way we choose to modify reflects this.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #68
BG1.8sp

Cool, good to know.
And cheers, unfortunately I was on my way to work, flosses roads at the time and road collapsed beneath the rear right rim so took some paint off but nothing that can't be fixed...

And yep agreed... We need a meet up like the last cruise through kuringai... One SP of every colour XD would make for a good photo shoot
Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #69
smurfy

yeahh you wont even be able to tell!, i stratch mine once put a bit of touch up paint and now you cant even tell..

yeahh that was good! even though the sliver one was some random car that was just sitting there ahaha

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #70
z100

Car: 2003 Protege Sp20
Forth pic is a good one, wheels really suit the car.
z100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #71
BG1.8sp

Little update from the weekend.
Clocked up 142000 k's now and sump started to weep from 2 holes for the bolts, not much Mabey 1 drop a day. So bought some genuine sealant (it's not expensive and I ran out of my Hi temp Blue gasket sealant)
So dropped the sump off (verry right fit between the sump and exhaust ) scaped all the existing sealant off and re apply.
Then while waiting for the sealant to set gave the car a wash.

By the end of the day I changed my oil filter to a genuine Mazda one and obviously did an oil change (running Motul turbo lite 10-40)
4th oil change in 22000 k's

Next weekend SP20 stickers are comming off.

If anyone wants me to write up a how to on the sump I will.
Also if anybody wants the part numbers for oil filter or sealant just ask

Oh and almost forgot... Also painted my calipers black along with the rotor centre looks much nicer

Cheers, AzzA
Old 11-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #72
BG1.8sp

Went to take the door strips off yesterday. Ran into a bit of a problem.
Turns out that the drivers side doors have had a respray so as I started to pull off the drivers side read door strip it pulled some paint off( back to bare metal)
So I just put some primer in it to stop the rust, and re stuck the strip down.

On the up side... I still managed to remove the SP20 stickers with our a hassle
Old 08-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #73
BG1.8sp

So.... Just got fined
$88 for foglights on (no demerit points)
Basically driving home from a nice day at nepean river, getting dark (sunset)
Switch my parkers on, then drove past a cop going the other way about 5aeconds after.
He then puts his lights on, comes chasing after me doing about 80 or 90 through the middle of Penrith which is a 50 zone.
Pulls me over and gives me a fine for foflights on.
I didn't realise I left them on from the night before... I live at a lake so it's usually foggy at night.

It's no wonder why highway patrol have a bad name ... Seriously, I literally didn't say a word the entire time just a Yes sir no sir. Was very compliant... Didn't even complain when he gave me the fine. Even tho I wanted to.
The whole time the officer had a disgusting attitude and was very aggressive towards me.

Took about 30minutes of him telling me why bigger wheels are bad (mine are legal and he checked) and writing the fine.

What a waste of time... Honestly... Why pull me over when I'm clearly doing nothing wrong ( yes I know foggies on is an offence.... But be reasonable)
Go pull over people speeding or drink driving or street racing or just driving like idiots.

Anyway... End of my rant ...

P.s. I have never had any driving offence what so ever or even a caution.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #74
TheMAN

Car: .
does the SP20 have a fog light indicator in the gauge cluster? I know the UK one does... if the fog lights are turned on, a green fog light symbol is lit up in the gauge cluster There isn't such indicator in the US, Canadian, or Japanese gauge clusters

but I usually know if my fog lights are on if I hear a loud click under the dashboard, which is the sound of the fog light relay I always turn off my fog lights after I use them anyway
Old 08-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #75
BG1.8sp

Yes there is, as I said tho... Turned my lights on, 10seconds later drove past the cop. That's when I looked down and saw the green light, reached down and turned them off, but he was already pulling me over at the time
Just ridiculous really,
Old 08-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #76
BG1.8sp

I don't usually turn mine off, only because I get home late so it's usually misty and leave early in the morning so it's still misty
Old 08-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #77
TheMAN

Car: .
I guess you should start getting into a habit, that way you never forget
Old 08-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #78
BG1.8sp

Yeh Spose so.
Couldn't believe that though, didn't even have a chance to turn them off by the time he saw me.
No need for the officer to act like such a prick... And on Easter, thanks lol
Old 08-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #79
Ben

Car: MPS
When i first got my car i got pulled over for having them on one night on the highway. The police man goes "When did you drive through fog" and i point to the fog about 50 metres up the road behind me... He just told me to turn them off. I felt so superior that night

I also leave them on, i live out the bush, no street lights, so more lights the better.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #80
BG1.8sp

Guess you got lucky
But seriously, I kinda think that the stock front Parker lights are inadequate on sunset on the SP20
It shouldn't be illegal (HID ones should)
But I have a very dull yellow which is no where near as bright as my headlights.... Really dont see the problem. Pretty sure the cop flying thought the street of Penrith is more dangerous than foglights on