Old 08-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #161
Putonyourshoes

Car: 2L 96 BA hatch
hahahahaha thats brilliant
Putonyourshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 AM   #162
Lawsy

Car: 323 Astina 92 (BP 1.8sohc)
Please, imagine the most spine rumbling heavy metal roar, mixed with an old Lion, mixed with a T-rex feeding when you read this part and imagine the sound....

RRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrr.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET A LICENSE?

If you're of a middle easter or Asian background, please. I am not a racist.
BUT LEARN TO DRIVE, far out man! How on earth can you pass a license when you can't read the signs, or show no intention of obeying the road rules? Or can you read them? I don't know if its ignorance or a lack of understanding English, but if its the latter, its fixable! EASL classes will get you up to scratch in no time. That being said, I still know illiterate people who do a better job of obeying on the spot road signs.

KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING
Fines apply

How does that not compute? Honestly, how does that somehow not register?

On the news last night this P plater got pulled up for driving too slow, just under 80 in a 90 zone or something, at 2:30am, but she was in the right hand lane so the cop still gave her the fine. Yes, a bit harsh; it should have been a warning and it would have got the message across, but even so, sucked in.
I hope this sends a message to people; even if no other car is on the road, KEEP LEFT. I think the only exception is if you're already doing 5 over the limit, but within the 10% allotted in the ADR's to speedo inaccuracy. Even though you poor Mexicans south of NSW don't get this 10% (you should), the cops should always allow 5 over in the right lane, up until 10%, to allow for better traffic flow for people overtaking or merging.

Speaking of merging, what are people thinking when they SLOW DOWN to merge onto a 100km/h highway? Um, hello? SPEED UP!

It is ALWAYS safer to merge into traffic from a forward position. Ie, Going slightly faster than the traffic flow and equalising speed while moving into the gap. Braking into a gap (so long as you're not up the crack of the person in front, of course), equalizing the speeds before megering is far safer than trying to speed up into a gap from a standing start. It is possibly the most dangerous thing to come around a blind on ramp to be confronted suddenly by someone stationary. Its a blind ramp, the entry speed is 80, the merging speed 100, and they're doing 0. Physics will not be kind to you in that situation.

Think about it.

You get half a car length on the gap you're trying to get into, you indicate while staying slightly right of the merging lane (assuming you need the right lane, reverse if merging into a left flow). This does a number of things.
a)It makes the person whom you're about to merge in front of aware of your vehicle,
b) allows them to ease off slightly (honestly, as long as you didn't speed up too much (you should only ever need to go a couple of k's faster than the flow to merge correctly) they will let you in, as they won't think you're being a hoon if you're movement is graceful and purposeful),
c) allows you to safely get your car in to the gap at the right speed without holding the flow up, or the people behind you up.

Does that not make sense? I find merging a simple task. It is never difficult for me to merge, and I rarely have even a hint of worry about causing an accident when I do so.

So people, get up to speed on the on ramp, if you don't look like you're hooning, and if you don't look like you're going to hold anyone up, then PEOPLE WILL LET MERGE MORE EASILY.

MAKE SURE YOU THANK THE PERSON BEHIND YOU IF THE GAP EVEN SLIGHTLY ENLARGED WHEN YOU TRIED TO MERGE, and even if they were almost trying to be a prick and made the gap slightly smaller, THANK THEM ANYWAY.

Are you ever going to see them again? Probably not, do they know you? Probablly not. If they DID see you again, guess what?
The last thing they're going to remember about your car is the fact that the driver THANKED THEM the last time it merged in front of them.

So make sure you thank them again.

You've just made that persons half hour, they will feel like they did the right thing (as long as you don't hold them up, then they'll just be pissed) and go on their merry way.
Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #163
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawsy View Post
KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING
Fines apply

How does that not compute? Honestly, how does that somehow not register?
u posted an example of someone actually getting a fine for this. Wow, that's like the only ocurance i've ever heard. like all laws, people ignore them unless they r enforced. every one of us has flashed ourheadlights at some twat in the right lane, they move over and when u look in the rear view mirror they move right back over into te right lane.

If cops were serious about this one they would enforce it, then people would actually obey this one.....

Till then, nada.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:26 AM   #164
Lawsy

Car: 323 Astina 92 (BP 1.8sohc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
u posted an example of someone actually getting a fine for this. Wow, that's like the only ocurance i've ever heard. like all laws, people ignore them unless they r enforced. every one of us has flashed ourheadlights at some twat in the right lane, they move over and when u look in the rear view mirror they move right back over into te right lane.

If cops were serious about this one they would enforce it, then people would actually obey this one.....

Till then, nada.
I reckon hey, they need to start enforcing this one more. It would get rid of many a traffic jam.
Lawsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 02:59 PM   #165
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
Asking cops to enforce a legit road rule is like asking a a crazed Honda driver to take it easy on Taksuba circuit, never gonna happen unless you give them an insentive...like a revenue for their hard work...Bahahahahaha, Ive been taking the Pacific Hwy home every day from work for the last 2 months and there isnt one day where i dont go past some moron in the right hand lane doing under the speed limit....and the story goes on my friends...

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #166
Kazz

Car: Bommodore
Lets not turn this into a police not doing there job thread again, its lame and u never no if there is actually a policeman on here do you . on another note was driving behind a truck the other day and he was doing 80 on the highway i couldn't get around him coz i had to take the next exit and it was to close to do it and i was driving my dads BMW which he is trying to keep clean and sell, and this truck had turf flying off the back of it dammit.
Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #167
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
i thought i'd bring this back from the dead seeing as last night was a f**king nightmare.

Got pulled over by cop for RBT. No major issue except the cop was a twat and i was glad to drive off. 5 min up the road the OTHER cop car that was there comes and pulls me up, another RBT and they check over the entire car. Wtf? they just saw me get RBT'd. i said this to the cop, his response?
My partner doesnt like your car.. His female partner decides to shine her torch in my eyes for the next few minutes as the other 2 cops check over the car. they even measured front lip to the ground (11cm, good thing they didnt check the a-frame brace). whole time this cop has the torch in my eyes. Eventually let me go after giving me a 'warning' about the height of the car.

Random test.. yeah right
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #168
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
please keep it too bad driving complaints not sledging officers...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:55 PM   #169
Pettos
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 323 Astina '03
Yeah bourbs...

Lawsy, I love you.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #170
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Theres sledging bourbs and then there are police officers who are actually twats.

Got pulled over on Sat night in a bright pink eagle boys car with eagle boys written all over it.

Cops: "Where you going at this hour sir?" (its 10PM)

Me: "Mountain Creek" (i actually said the address but wont post it)

Cops: "Why?"

Me: "Well im delivering pizzas *point to pizzas*" (there was 12 of them ffs you can miss a stack that big)

Afterwards they asked me to do RBT, checked rego, asked me who owned the car. What usually takes me 15 minutes took me about 25-30 minutes.

Next delivery i get pulled over by same cops for RBT. (10 mintues after i got back to store)
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:36 AM   #171
zappy65

Car: Old: 1989 DOHC Mazda 323 New: Nissan 180SX Type X
Send a message via MSN to zappy65
Dont we just hate when trucks dont cover their loads and spill **** all over the highway?...all over my nice WHITE clean car.....F^&Kers!!!

Quote:
On the news last night this P plater got pulled up for driving too slow, just under 80 in a 90 zone or something, at 2:30am, but she was in the right hand lane so the cop still gave her the fine. Yes, a bit harsh; it should have been a warning and it would have got the message across, but even so, sucked in.
At 2:30am, i would've left em alone if they weren't speeding, 2:30am and 5pm are very different driving periods...but i get your point...

http://www.astinagt.com/forums/vbpic...?do=view&g=319
Come see my deviantness....hehe
http://dawnblade.deviantart.com/

Last edited by zappy65; 11-05-2009 at 06:44 AM.
zappy65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #172
lovemyBG

Car: BG Astina
Send a message via MSN to lovemyBG
if youre from melbourne, then you will most likely know what im talking about.
on the tulla, coming up to the airport.. taxi drivers that sit in the right hand lane until the VERY LAST SECOND when they then decide to cut right across the left lane and straight into the exit to the airport.. annoying when you're sitting behind them and they suddenly slam on the brakes coz they're not going to get across at that speed, and even more annoying when you're in the left lane and they cut you off.

oh and on the western ring road, on the way to bundoora from the airport, the trucks that sit in the right hand lane going 10kms under the speed limit.. drives me crazy every day on the way to uni...

as does people on the phone.. like one lady i was stuck behind the other day... i was on my way to uni in bundoora, going over the michelham rd overpass where there was a lane of merging traffic.. she was in front of me in her p.o.s ford focus so i slowed down to let her in.. instead of merging like a normal person would have, she stopped. i waved her through and she didnt move, so i sped up.. then she proceeded to cut across behind me into the right hand lane, then at the exit to the ring rd, cut back in front of me again.. now once again we had to merge.. and once again she stopped completed and waited until there were no cars at all. i beeped my horn, flashed her and everything... and got nothing. she eventually moved onto the freeway at which point i overtook her, only to see that she was chatting away on the phone. grrrrrr. stupid people. ive had my licence 9 months and even i know how to merge safely!!!

oh and one more thing.. people who sit behind me and abuse me as i do the roadwork speeds. i know the speeds of 60kph and 40kph on a road that is usually 100kph are stupid, but those are the rules and as a p-plater i only have 5 demerit points so i cant afford to lose any like you fully licenced drivers can. and the whole, "if theres no car on the side of the road its safe to speed" theory doesn't work anymore coz they now use cameras in moving cars in my area. very annoying. i get flashed, tooted, screamed at, i could go on for hours.. just coz i follow the rules.

gotta love the joys of driving.
lovemyBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #173
so fresh

Car: 92 astina 323 bg & 01 SP20
i hate truckies!

bullys on the freeway
they tailgate you that bad all u can see is their bumper in your rearveiw mirror
which is a sign for you to "get out of my way small frie!".

yip!......hatem!
Old 29-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #174
Rix

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Ba
Send a message via MSN to Rix
Lol was driving down bradman avenue yesterday with my parents, ( its pretty much a road parallel to the river) anyway mum's hanging back from the car in front and all of a sudden this nissan patrol pulls straight out from a side road didn't look best part he also has a trailer on the back the length of another nissan patrol, so he cuts in and drives up the arse of the car infront as we come to the lights he pulls into the straight on lane

The light to go straight goes to green and he pulls out infront of the traffic and turns right, nearly cut up a brand new audi r8.

Bad driver or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyBG View Post
if youre from melbourne, then you will most likely know what im talking about.
on the tulla, coming up to the airport.. taxi drivers that sit in the right hand lane until the VERY LAST SECOND when they then decide to cut right across the left lane and straight into the exit to the airport.. annoying when you're sitting behind them and they suddenly slam on the brakes coz they're not going to get across at that speed, and even more annoying when you're in the left lane and they cut you off.

oh and on the western ring road, on the way to bundoora from the airport, the trucks that sit in the right hand lane going 10kms under the speed limit.. drives me crazy every day on the way to uni...

as does people on the phone.. like one lady i was stuck behind the other day... i was on my way to uni in bundoora, going over the michelham rd overpass where there was a lane of merging traffic.. she was in front of me in her p.o.s ford focus so i slowed down to let her in.. instead of merging like a normal person would have, she stopped. i waved her through and she didnt move, so i sped up.. then she proceeded to cut across behind me into the right hand lane, then at the exit to the ring rd, cut back in front of me again.. now once again we had to merge.. and once again she stopped completed and waited until there were no cars at all. i beeped my horn, flashed her and everything... and got nothing. she eventually moved onto the freeway at which point i overtook her, only to see that she was chatting away on the phone. grrrrrr. stupid people. ive had my licence 9 months and even i know how to merge safely!!!

oh and one more thing.. people who sit behind me and abuse me as i do the roadwork speeds. i know the speeds of 60kph and 40kph on a road that is usually 100kph are stupid, but those are the rules and as a p-plater i only have 5 demerit points so i cant afford to lose any like you fully licenced drivers can. and the whole, "if theres no car on the side of the road its safe to speed" theory doesn't work anymore coz they now use cameras in moving cars in my area. very annoying. i get flashed, tooted, screamed at, i could go on for hours.. just coz i follow the rules.

gotta love the joys of driving.

Lol yeah the Roadworks things are annoying but 5 points ain't a lot i have 4 per year on my p's so i know the pain lol my mate lost 3 of the 4 points in 1 go speeding and because of this i follow the road rules. But why we get abused for following the rules its stupid if they want to drive fast why can't they move to a third world country where road rules don't apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice88 View Post
Theres sledging bourbs and then there are police officers who are actually twats.

Got pulled over on Sat night in a bright pink eagle boys car with eagle boys written all over it.

Cops: "Where you going at this hour sir?" (its 10PM)

Me: "Mountain Creek" (i actually said the address but wont post it)

Cops: "Why?"

Me: "Well im delivering pizzas *point to pizzas*" (there was 12 of them ffs you can miss a stack that big)

Afterwards they asked me to do RBT, checked rego, asked me who owned the car. What usually takes me 15 minutes took me about 25-30 minutes.

Next delivery i get pulled over by same cops for RBT. (10 mintues after i got back to store)

Lol gotta love the sunny coast police!
Do u work at the kawana eagle boys?

Last edited by Rix; 29-06-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Rix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 01:24 PM   #175
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix View Post
i have 4 per year on my p's so i know the pain lol my mate lost 3 of the 4 points in 1 go speeding and because of this i follow the road rules.
i dunno who told you its 4 per year. you get points back 3 years from the day u pay your fine.. and if you have 1 pt on P's and you get your opens, you wont have 12, only 9, untill the 3 year thing comes to pass
if you want to multy quote instead of posting 3 things in a row, you press the little "+ icon next to quote for all except for one, and then when you press Quote for the last one you want to quote they all get inserted
Old 29-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #176
Rix

Sorry tony, didn't realise i had posted 3 times fixed it now

When driving while you hold a P1 type licence, you must:

* clearly display red P-plates on the front and rear of your car
* comply with peer passenger, additional mobile phone and high-powered and high performance vehicle restrictions until the age of 25 years
* obey any conditions stated on your provisional licence
* not accumulate four or more demerit points in one year
* have a zero (0.00 per cent) blood or breath alcohol limit if you are under 25 years of age
* not drive under the influence of illegal or prescription drugs.
http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home...ce/P1_licence/
Rix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #177
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
interesting, its confusing cus points are returned 3 years after loosing them, or if enough points are acumulated to loose the licence you can be on probational licence for 1 year with one point, or loose it 4 3 (could be 6 i cant remember of the top of my head) months and then get all your points back.. perhaps if you loose it and get it back in 6 months you cant loose any more points or you loose a licence again??

Last edited by 70NYD; 29-06-2009 at 09:59 PM.
70NYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #178
Rix

Thats probably the case otherwise hoons would be unstoppable
Old 29-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #179
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
if you run out of points you have a choice:
- lose it for 3 months, get it back with all the points
- probationary license for 1 year (can only get 1 demerit)

if you get more than 1 demerit on the probationary you lose it for 6 months, then get it back with all the points

repeat offenders may lose their license for longer periods of time
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 08:19 AM   #180
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
ok, now i'm pissed off. 2 mornings in a row i've jumped in the overtake lane only to be caught behind a bus doing 95 and getting passed on the left. WHAT THE ****ING **** YOU STUPID BUS MORON!!!! it doesn't help that my car looks stock from the outside yet can pass 99% of cars no sweat. no one gives you any room so i end up having to steal the tiniest spaces to get in front of them.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote