Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Off Topic

Old 27-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
spenaroo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 99 mx5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIlversp20 View Post
hmm 4wds that go over speed bumps slower than a pushbike thats what pisses me off. its a blooooody 4wd its designed to go over stuff like this at more than 10klm/hr. stupid 4wd's
trust me from experience in my dads prado,
the faster u go over an speed hump the less shock
these idiots go slow because at normal car speeds it has a large bounce,
going from a normal car (soccer mum) would lead them to believe they need to take them slower.

in short in a 4x4 don't slow for speed humps
(and i hate useless 4x4 if u don't go off road buy a minivan!!!!!!!! there's more room in them anyway)

straights are good for fast cars
corners are for fast drivers
spenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #22
Rix

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Ba
Send a message via MSN to Rix
Lol my mum speeds up over them
Old 27-07-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
Ghoru

Car: '92 BG Astina Sp
4orgd, send your tailgaters my way, the missus reversed into a pole so i want a decent reason to claim.. was doing 110 in 100 zone the other day and had a 4wd right up my clacker, so i tapped the brake a little....next time i looked back he was bout 500 meters away keeping his distance.... if someone pulls out in front of me i have no problem letting them know im pissed at them dude pulled out from a parrallel park the other day got half way out and decided to stop...so i stopped about an inch from his door at the last moment... i dont think his interior is biege anymore. Rockhampton is full of ahole drivers who think just cos i got a p plate i dont know the road rules, gives me the irrates....

http://www.eveonline.com/
Ghoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
chrisw
2-Wheeled Weirdo

Car: '09 GT650r
Send a message via MSN to chrisw
just back to the defect issue. if its factory tint, take it to an inspection station and mention that. Defecting isnt a sure thing, it just means they THINK it doesnt comply with the ADR/road rules, its the RTA/inspection station that makes the final decision.
chrisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 06:33 PM   #25
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoru View Post
4orgd, send your tailgaters my way, the missus reversed into a pole so i want a decent reason to claim.. was doing 110 in 100 zone the other day and had a 4wd right up my clacker, so i tapped the brake a little....next time i looked back he was bout 500 meters away keeping his distance.... if someone pulls out in front of me i have no problem letting them know im pissed at them dude pulled out from a parrallel park the other day got half way out and decided to stop...so i stopped about an inch from his door at the last moment... i dont think his interior is biege anymore. Rockhampton is full of ahole drivers who think just cos i got a p plate i dont know the road rules, gives me the irrates....
mate, Victorians pull out on you all the time like they don't see you. Even are allowed to pull out on a 100kph highway. How's that? Moorooduc H'way buddy.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #26
Ghoru

lol victorians must drive like they shag, they always pull out and dont check to see if anyone is coming....

Old 28-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #27
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1998 Honda Civic CXi Hatchback
I understand why the Government and RTA were thinking of introducing Senior Plates because some of them are really dangerous. I had one swing open his door while I was driving down the road the other day and he wasn't hurrying to shut it and I couldn't slow down as their was a tailgater (another hate of mine) stuck up my bum! I beeped and he totally didn't hear it.. this guy was like 80. I mean I love old people but some of them should know when to stop driving for everyones safety, let alone their own.
Ky_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #28
NaughtyGT

agreed, I know an older couple, both drive in their 80's. Real nice people but, the ol' boy is on his last legs, has emphysema & basically, gasps for o2 all day long, BUT, his family say he likes to get out & about...hmmmmm. If I know he's on the road, I detour & sideswipe the whole suburb

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Old 28-07-2009, 09:38 AM   #29
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtylilGT View Post
agreed, I know an older couple, both drive in their 80's. Real nice people but, the ol' boy is on his last legs, has emphysema & basically, gasps for o2 all day long, BUT, his family say he likes to get out & about...hmmmmm. If I know he's on the road, I detour & sideswipe the whole suburb
LOL.. my next door neighbour was a great driver and only 75 but she quit driving 5 years ago because she thought it best. There are far worse drivers on the road that she was.

I have a P Plate so people think I'm going to be a s**t driver where as in reality, I drive like a Nanna or so I'm told lol. I never speed or do stupid things, like NOT INDICATING when changing lines or turning a corner. Now that really does grind my gears. They were put on the car for a reason, so bloody use them!!!!!! Stupid drivers...
Old 28-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #30
Ghoru

my old man never use indicators, bloody ford drivers... if anything younger drivers are better then ancient ones

Old 28-07-2009, 04:25 PM   #31
Rix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky_88 View Post
LOL.. my next door neighbour was a great driver and only 75 but she quit driving 5 years ago because she thought it best. There are far worse drivers on the road that she was.

I have a P Plate so people think I'm going to be a s**t driver where as in reality, I drive like a Nanna or so I'm told lol. I never speed or do stupid things, like NOT INDICATING when changing lines or turning a corner. Now that really does grind my gears. They were put on the car for a reason, so bloody use them!!!!!! Stupid drivers...
Ky didn't u realise that although indicators are fitted you have to pay to make them work, well not really but thats the way the roadcraft people explained it

lol i hate it when u get tailgated or someone merges infront of u without indicating

if i'm in the middle lane and the lane left of me is ending i'll let the cars next to me in just so they don't cut me off later
Old 28-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #32
spenaroo
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 99 mx5
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky_88 View Post

thats cool, im on my p plates and love my mazda cause the cops always pull over the commodore,

and my friends all think im a hoon, i just love driving,

straights are good for fast cars
corners are for fast drivers
spenaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #33
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenaroo View Post
thats cool, im on my p plates and love my mazda cause the cops always pull over the commodore,

and my friends all think im a hoon, i just love driving,
I never get pulled over either. Who wants to look at a Honda Civic with a chick driving when generally there is a Skyline or Supra zooming around... winner if you ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix View Post
Ky didn't u realise that although indicators are fitted you have to pay to make them work, well not really but thats the way the roadcraft people explained it

lol i hate it when u get tailgated or someone merges infront of u without indicating

if i'm in the middle lane and the lane left of me is ending i'll let the cars next to me in just so they don't cut me off later
Oh I didn't realise... I forgot some people are too stupid to check when their indicators or break lights don't work. Some guy had no break lights on the way home last night and it was pitch black which made it rather difficult.

I would let them in but often I'm pissed off because they went in the left merge lane just to get in front of me so I try not to let them in... I think I have the potential to be a terrible road rage person if I allowed myself to be!!! lol
Old 29-07-2009, 09:43 AM   #34
NaughtyGT

I ran up the ass of a freikin rock-solid Landcruiser steel-tray back ute 'bout 8 years ago on the Southeast freeway headin north to Brissie just before PA Hospital turnoff cause 2 cars up ahead a guy had stomped on breaks (BRAKE LIGHTS NOT WORKING). Needless to say all three of us hit each other. Insurance wrote my car off but, I got a Turbo Rola after adding a bit of $$$....hehe. Amazing was the little 323 1.5 auto deluxe special (cool back in it's day, elec' sunny & all) still drove home & for a few weeks actually

Old 29-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #35
Ky_88
AstinaGT Regular

Oh wow.. see no brake lights is a dangerous thing. I try to alert them if I pull up next to them but never get the chance.

Last night on the way home a bag flew off the back of a Learners Bike and hit the car behind. It wasn't for another 200m or so that the lady managed to tell him his bag flew off and he turned around to get it. You would think that would have been strapped on safe.. that could have caused a major accident in peak hour traffic if people weren't careful, which luckily they were.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #36
Rix

Yesterday coming home from school about 1:00ish was driving down the motorway on ramp and usually there is no traffic so i attempted to merge ended up having to wait 5 ****ing mintues just to merge by that time there was traffic banked all the way round the corner to mountain creek, anyway i weaved my way through the traffic where i found 4 p plater's 2 ford's and 2 holden commodores with victorian rego numbers doing 80km in a 100km zone and the best part was they were travelling side by side the whole way meaning no1 could over take and any time they did change lane they would merge together so u would have to slam on the brakes etc seriously why can't people stay in the left hand lane if they are not overtaking!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #37
Madd_Maxx

Car: 1991 bg astina sp
Send a message via MSN to Madd_Maxx
Omg, today, as i was heading to a mates, a little old lady decided she wanted to reverse out of a angled car park into on coming traffic. I stopped, and held up traffic by doing so. As soon as the lane split into two about 50 metres down the road, i got past her as she was sitting on about fourty. Meanwhile, my parents wear following me in their territory in which they picked up TODAY, and they were driving allong side of her at this stage, when she decided she wanted our lane! Omfg i swear my dad nearly had a heart attack lol!
Old 08-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #38
Pattax

Car: asdasd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix View Post
Yesterday coming home from school about 1:00ish was driving down the motorway on ramp and usually there is no traffic so i attempted to merge ended up having to wait 5 ****ing mintues just to merge by that time there was traffic banked all the way round the corner to mountain creek, anyway i weaved my way through the traffic where i found 4 p plater's 2 ford's and 2 holden commodores with victorian rego numbers doing 80km in a 100km zone and the best part was they were travelling side by side the whole way meaning no1 could over take and any time they did change lane they would merge together so u would have to slam on the brakes etc seriously why can't people stay in the left hand lane if they are not overtaking!!!
lol.

When we moved here I was shocked with the sheer amount of Murray cars with cut springs* hooning around. The ' cruising ' scene is more like a today tonight show expose with ****ty P platers doing ****ty commonwhore skids and making general nuisances out of themselves, whereas in Brisbane people met up and drove routes that were fun or just to hand out with friends and discuss cars. This place seems like whoever can ' justify their existences ' the best or sporting the biggest " KENWOOD " stickers are the automotive enthusiasts.

* Or aftermarket springs or coils, im only saying that because im pretty sure if you payed $2k for a Falcon or Bombadoore you wouldnt be spending money on legit upgrades.
Pattax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:38 PM   #39
Rix

Lol Pattax just make sure you not driving past mountain creek state high school (my school) at around 12:55- 1:20 us seniors are let out and like u see all the commonwhore and falcon kids hooning down the street lol funny thing is they think they own the road they boxed my mates 2008 lancer in cause he parked on their side of the road cause my mate has a bit of money and was like meh i have a plastic bumper i'l just reverse into them till they move so he backed into them at like 1km/h u should of seen them piss bolt across the road and get out their cars out the way lol and they've like all lowered the springs in the rears of there cars but not stiffened the supension so their back end bounces up and down as they drive along its funny but sad at the same time
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #40
Pattax

Car: asdasd
/slapface

I used to play Volleyball is Tim Walker, is he a teacher there?
Mad offtopic skills here.
Pattax is offline   Reply With Quote