Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 29-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
MAZDABATOR

Car: 1.8SE MAZDA ASTINA
Starting problems on 1.8l bp 16v astina

Hi all, its been a while since i've posted. I'm still having problems with starting my car when cold. Since my last post i've had the car's timing put in 100 percent, changed the plugs and the leads and cleaned out the throttle body.

she just wont start up in the morning unless i remove this fuse :

i think this fuse controls the feul pump. Could it mean that my injectors are dumping too much feul into the cylinders? I ask this because, sometimes, after a long period of cranking without taking the fuse out and then doing the pull out procedure, the car will start with an enormous cloud of fuel rich smoke out the exhaust.

this is also bothering me :

can you see the gadget thingy with the black hose with green stripes going into it?......what the hell is this thing? what does it do? i've checked out my buds car and he has two of them. why do i only have one?

i have two plugs dangling below the thing in the picture above, a green on and a brown one. both of them can pug into it......which one do i use?

this thing above my throttle body, i found it dangling the other day with only one screw attached. how do i set this thing up properly? i have put it back and fitted new screws but the settings may be out. i lined it up the best i could to the old marks left on the housing.

could this thing be dirty? or maybe causing my car to start poorly? can i clean it?

any help would be greatly appreciated guys as always.

thanks
Clinton
Old 29-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
asanga

Car: astina BA 1997 1.8Ltr
didn't you ask most of these quesions here http://www.astinagt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16161

asanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #3
outbakoz
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 97 BA Astina Hatch
thats the throttle position sensor (tps), whether it can be cleaned or not i have nfi. From what you have described it sounds like leaking injectors.

My Car
outbakoz is offline   Reply With Quote