Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #6361
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
I've made, and still making friends with people from here. we are a sensitve bunch! We aren't out to get you, nor telling you to go away, it is just that this forum on the whole is full of knowledge and minimal BS. try boostloosing if you want to make friends with similar views on the engrish language... and good luck with your car, Im curious to see about the turbo idea. how will you pass the emissions testing without a non-programmable ECU?
Old 07-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #6362
bradlz82

Car: late 97/98series 3 hatch
[QUOTE=chewyryce;272961]its not that they're giving you a hard time. to some people it frustrates them if it doesnt have a bit of grammar in it due to people who may not be a member who stumbles upon a page and may not understand what is being written. information that is for the public makes sense if it were readable. just like if you were to go to another forum and saw someone write something you didnt understand, you would have to search another page or another website to find information that you are after.

i am in no way trying to flame you, just giving you a heads up. everyone on this forum wants to help each other out. it might seem like they're bagging you out for your grammar but you could have just ignored the first few comments about it and it would have slipped by. but because you have instantly assumed everyone here is what you have said they are, you have dug yourself a hole.

please choose your words carefully when speaking to people whether it be online or in person. someone who may be of your help might end up turning their back on you because of attitude problems.

regards.
Duy[/QUO

yeah no worries and really i dont have a attitude really to b honest if they are going to pick at people like that over grammer and a spelling mistake come on really hello iam not the one with the issue but when some one carrys on over petty crap like that in stead of nicely saying could u please correct etc they should expect it back if they dont wanna get a smart ass reply in returne they shouldnt off made it a issue or opend there mouth i am not the one whos made it a issue !! and at the end of the day they shouldnt carry on lie that they should of ignored it i dont come on here to b attacked over spelling and grammer yes iam dyslexic i cant help that and it pisses me off when people like that carry on and maae out there so perfect i think they themselves have made spelling and grammer mistakes in there life !!!!!!
bradlz82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #6363
Samsara

Car: 2003 BJ-II 323 Astina Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlz82 View Post
really guys i dont care every one makes spelling mistakes and really i dont care what u think and get over your selves YOU SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF PRINCESSES oh its such a crime for not putting in a full stop oh my god or useing a full word ! if you make such an issue about it sounds like you dont have much of a life or much to do with your time if your makeing it such a drama its a forum post not a bitching or a plc to put others down for a simple spelling mistake or lack of grammer !!!

I do not believe anyone actually put you down, it was merely suggested (and it's also forum rules) to use proper english and grammar.
We try and help anyone and everyone out with car problems/suggestions/questions and to make it easier on the folks helping you out, it helps them out a bunch to explain the situation fluidly, not skipping a vowel here, or mashing a few sentences together there.

I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you would stop calling us names as well.

Now, are we able to get back on topic?
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:35 PM   #6364
Samsara

Car: 2003 BJ-II 323 Astina Hatch
Quote:
yeah no worries and really i dont have a attitude really to b honest if they are going to pick at people like that over grammer and a spelling mistake come on really hello iam not the one with the issue but when some one carrys on over petty crap like that in stead of nicely saying could u please correct etc they should expect it back if they dont wanna get a smart ass reply in returne they shouldnt off made it a issue or opend there mouth i am not the one whos made it a issue !! and at the end of the day they shouldnt carry on lie that they should of ignored it i dont come on here to b attacked over spelling and grammer yes iam dyslexic i cant help that and it pisses me off when people like that carry on and maae out there so perfect i think they themselves have made spelling and grammer mistakes in there life !!!!!!

I just saw this after I posted mine... hmmm
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #6365
chewyryce

Car: NA MX5
alright back on topic.. im going to MX5 Plus tomorrow for my weekly visit to see richard. he's quite keen on the SR20 MX5 idea as he's got the engine and box. probably bring my car in for him to check out. plus gotta buy stuff from him and chat to him for 2 hours about random mazda stuff :P
Old 07-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #6366
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I very much agree with Ice. If I got annoyed at all the bad english around then I would go crazy quite quickly.

On a serious note, it really isn't that hard to press the "." button once in a while
I retract my original post, and should have been a little more clearer to the point, I myself have shocking grammar and use a lot of comma's like Phil (), and can stand a bit of no use of comma's or full stops.

bradlz82, its one thing to have bad grammar, but to have a go at members that have been a little longer then you have, is another...
Old 07-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #6367
bradlz82

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3_racer_001 View Post
I've made, and still making friends with people from here. we are a sensitve bunch! We aren't out to get you, nor telling you to go away, it is just that this forum on the whole is full of knowledge and minimal BS. try boostloosing if you want to make friends with similar views on the engrish language... and good luck with your car, Im curious to see about the turbo idea. how will you pass the emissions testing without a non-programmable ECU?
thanks mate ill keep that in mind its called taking your car to the ACT and registering it there as there not as anal as nsw my other car is modified and is registerd there and nsw cops cant defect it as i tecnically live in both states
Old 07-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #6368
Lachlan
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2001 323 Astina SP20
Long story short, learn to spell and/or use grammar, otherwise you may as well write your posts in hebrew.

CLICK IMAGE FOR MY PROJECT WORKLOG.
Lachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #6369
chewyryce

Car: NA MX5
lets just move on now.. new topic
Old 07-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #6370
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
Long story short, learn to spell and/or use grammar, otherwise you may as well write your posts in hebrew.
HA I'm pretty sure google translate does Hebrew jibberish on the other hand...
Common man use some common sense, don't slam members that have been here longer than you have had a licence and do use proper speech, I do and I'm ESL... All you are doing is sounding ridiculous..
And best of luck with the turbo kit of eBay lol
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 PM   #6371
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Curious about the technically living in both states thing. Sounds like you're getting this car stuff easy that way. Perhaps we could buy an astinagt flat in ACT and all reap the benefits
I've always said the prime minister made it easier to party in the government state :P
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #6372
phildough
Banned

Car: 2002 Mazda Frankenstina
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyryce View Post
Managed to get the really nice Mazdaspeed gear knob I got off Rupe to fit the other day, its really heavy and has massively improved the feel of changing gears.
How some extra weight made it smoother to change gear I dont know but im happy with the result.
phildough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:02 PM   #6373
Clean_Cookie

more inertia would be my guess. funny how some parts people buy to make their cars lighter, while other "performance" parts add more weight! they screw us either way! today, ive done a little more sanding, looked at the paint, and decided I wasnt bothered today. maybe tomorrow I'll get around to it. then I can complete the assemblies on sunday. YAY - its been ages since I started on this mission. (and almost $2000 too!)
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #6374
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
Ok turns out my HID ballast shorted on the hot side (23kV side).
Melted the insulation and it caught fire.
Anyway I had a spare ballast hangin around and it works fine.

Dono how it happened. Perhaps some thing ate away at the insulation and caused the short. It's close to grease, oil and coolant sources which could all have ended up on it.
Lucky it didn't do any serious damage to the car or me!
All new respect for fuses
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #6375
bradlz82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
well hows about i write in hebrew then just for u mate
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #6376
bradlz82

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewyryce View Post
yeah i agree on that some people just dont know when to (stop) or have any respect its like they wanna keep it up there obviosly the ones with the issues and look in future if u dont wanna start something shut ya mouths to the ones being smart arseS and DONT READ MY POST IF U DONT LIKE THE GRAMMER JUST FOR THE SMART ARSE ONES ILL WRITE IT IN MY HOME LANGUAGE CROATIAN FOR U ! MOVIENG RHT ALONG
Old 07-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #6377
smurfy

Car: sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradlz82 View Post
yeah i agree on that some people just dont know when to (stop) or have any respect its like they wanna keep it up there obviosly the ones with the issues and look in future if u dont wanna start something shut ya mouths to the ones being smart arseS and DONT READ MY POST IF U DONT LIKE THE GRAMMER JUST FOR THE SMART ARSE ONES ILL WRITE IT IN MY HOME LANGUAGE CROATIAN FOR U ! MOVIENG RHT ALONG
mate, everyone else has stop and youve kept going :s
you just keep digging a hole bigger and bigger, probably near to china now, oh well best of luck with your turbo!

To many of us, our cars are an extension of our own personalities, the way we choose to modify reflects this.
smurfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #6378
Clean_Cookie

Tony will translate. It would make more sense too. Please do!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #6379
DavoAust

Car: Red '93 3000GT / Black '08 Ninja 250R
Send a message via MSN to DavoAust
Grammar. Its the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off a horse" and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse". Now use it.

The adj. cam gears for the 3kgt arrived today, car's into CMR tomorrow to start being fixed up . If its done by Thursday (and it should be) I'll head to Harry's to laugh at the bogans. Anyone want to join?
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

'97 1.8L Hardtop
'93 3.0L TT 3000GT
DavoAust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #6380
Jastel

Car: 97 BA 323 Astina Hatch
I put in some new ignition leads and my idle increased about 150rpm........ you think my old leads were crap? lol