Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 04-12-2004, 04:30 AM   #1
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Car: 1990 GD mx6 F2T, and soon I might drive the batmoobile once again
Send a message via MSN to boostedbatman
Help: v6 Stock ECU codes.....wtf

I am loking to change my stock ECU at the moment and will fit a microtech next year when I fit the KJ-ZEM engine to my car.
For now Ive had my KFZE for 2 years with the stock Australian computer and have always had pinging problems and have now decided to try a replace ment ECU. mechanic is out of options as the engine is detuning itself also. Does any one know whether these ECUs will work in my car as all of the plugs are the same and were running out of options

ECU in my car
KF43 18 881A
079700 - 5721

Aus spec ECU at wrecker
KF43 18 881B
079700 - 5722

Import ECU at wrecker
KF33 18 881B
079700 - 4344
Old 04-12-2004, 09:29 AM   #2
chicaboo

Car: Touge monster
Hey Batman,

I don't know anything about your ECU numbers but before you do your MicroTech ECU you must speak to Twighlight first. There is going to be a group buy/install/tune for these next year. The LT8S ECU costs only $1050 and then the fitting/tuning is much the same again before a group discount... You might need a different ECU because you have a 6 cylinder? The guys at Mazfix are happy doing a project like this too and suggest 130whp+ atw for my 1.8L.
FAR QUEUE CNJ Motorsport!!!

Mr Gav.
chicaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 06:27 PM   #3
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

Mr Gav
I have spoken to Mazfix regarding the microtech and for me its the LTX12 this will have 6 injector drivers and they quoted me $1990 for purchase, fitting and tuning. Im just after a quick fix to my engine at the moment to get me through to next year when the KJ-ZEM 164kw motor goes in. The current pinging sends shivers of detonation down my spine, especially when it was only tuned prior to the Ford Laser cruise and it still pinged then and since it has detuned remarkably and its only done about 1800km. The mechanics are puzzled and we are "HOPING" that its because of the mismatch between the Jap engine and the Aussie ECU. I just dont want to find other hassles by simply installing the Jap ECU without finding all of the differences first.
Im starting to get Frustrated
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:33 PM   #4
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
i heard you say that you had a jap spec ECU and a aust. engine, that is ur problem...

i had a friend that did the same things in his eunos, the jap ecu is designed to read jap sensors and u have aust. sensors. therefor some of ur ecu readings will be wrongly sent to ur ecu...

i would invest in the LTX12s as it can be tuned for ur cunnet engine and left in for the new engine...

good luck with it, i hope it works out
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:52 PM   #5
silver6

Car: N/A
Send a message via ICQ to silver6 Send a message via MSN to silver6 Send a message via Yahoo to silver6
I don't think thats a KFZE ECU.

It may be a KF-DE Auto ECU. There are different ECUs for ATX and MTX

You need a KF15 ECU and a VAF (JE50) to match. You need a VAF because the KFZE ECU uses a VAF meter not a MAF which is standard on the KF-DE.

I havn't had any pining problem with my ZE using the DE ECU.

Have you tried to extract the codes out of the ECU?
Old 08-12-2004, 04:23 AM   #6
boostedbatman
Manpink Crusader

I took car to the mechanic yesterday with both ECUs, to muck around with. The mechanics have spent years working at Mazda so I told him to test the jap ECU first and see how we go and which ever works will be the go. Lucky I have a good repore with the wrecker as they arent fond of letting parts go for "testing". Are you able to let me know the numbers on your ECU should I come across more problems. Even though its only for a few months hopefully
boostedbatman is offline   Reply With Quote