Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Mazda Specific Talk

Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #1
Elliot

Car: Mazda 323 sp20
323 sp20 automatically locking doors after roughly 1 min???

Hi there. I'm trying to solve a problem where after unlocking the central locking, if I do not open the boot or put the ignition on, the car will automatically lock. Even if I just sit in the car and put the keys in but don't turn it on, and if I close the door it will lock the keys in it. This can be quiet dangerous. For example, if you lock a baby in the car etc. I have had a few of the 323 sp20 for company cars and they all seem to do it. Is there any way to turn this off? Thanks.
Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 13-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #2
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
it is a normal feature. a safety feature for accidently unarming the alarm.

i fail to see how you could lock a baby in a car with this feature. you would have to be on the outside of the car, and the key on the inside of the car. at this point either you cannot arm the car, or you would've used the doors.

this feature is normal for most if not all modern car nowadays. The BJs were actually one of the first cars in Australia to get this feature.

If you dont like the feature (which I fail to see why), use the key in the doorlock to lock the car.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
Does the interior light come on when you open the door? because that feature should be only if a door isn't open within the allotted time frame.
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Cosmo Dude
コスモ

Car: Mazda '95 Astina I4, '86 B2K and '10 3 MZR-CD
Almost every car sold these days does this. Is sedans opening the boot will not prevent it either so if you unlock the doors and open the boot then by the time you've loaded the boot the doors have locked.
Too lock your keys in your car you would have to, without opening the doors, press the unlock with the keys in the car while you were outside the car.
Old 14-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #5
TheMAN

Car: .
do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

the US version, if you do not open any door (except boot on sedan), then it will automatically relock after 30 seconds... no ignition switching necessary to cancel the auto lock, just open a door and it will cancel.... this is the factory keyless system... if you add or replace it with aftermarket alarm, then it may behave differently

obviously the aussie keyless control module is different so I can't say for sure if it behaves the same way
Old 14-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #6
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
do you have an aftermarket alarm installed?

the US version, if you do not open any door (except boot on sedan), then it will automatically relock after 30 seconds... no ignition switching necessary to cancel the auto lock, just open a door and it will cancel.... this is the factory keyless system... if you add or replace it with aftermarket alarm, then it may behave differently

obviously the aussie keyless control module is different so I can't say for sure if it behaves the same way
Mine functions that way too and has since new according to original owner.
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
central locking, door locking, mazda 323 astina sedan