Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 31-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #21
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
bro that's where you use friends or others to help out.

**** I've had people look at cars for me in Townsville and Melbourne/Vic - love them vic boys. Loves the girls more

but yeah in NSW our former pinkslip /e-safety cheek means it's got to be roadworthy if it's too have rego period. inspected once a year. It's not hard to find shifty people but it means 90% of it will work.

Where was this guy in Sydney?

If you do find anything in NSW around Sydney Give me PM I can have look for ya.

The other thing In NSW

you do two things - Revs check for money owing mostly only on more newer cars but some people have car loans linked to $5K bombs still.
And Australian car history check. It's worth it incase your might not be dealing with the right owner or example someone looks at my car and see's it had when I bought it 189,000km's on it's dial now it has 30,000km's . Do note the RTA know. But if I false advertise well then. I get can done for false advertising
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #22
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Yeah, all stuff I knew I shoulda done. In retrospect of course. Appreciate your offer Rod, would do the same for anyone as it is so helpful. I just let my eyes overule common sense this time round.

Actually glad for it all now. I am looking @ a Nissan Patrol Ute in the morning. An oldy but low kms & very clean & looked after. I'll be the first to view & it has only had 2 owners since new & well cared for. I'll see how it looks & goes in the morning. Probably the best decision I've made in years if it is even near as good as it looks & sounds in add. Very, very clean. Low miles. Like I said. 2 owners since new. Looks far better than some half it's age as the first owner was an older guy who travelled a bit around the state & full service log & all. Here's hoping

Project Mazda/TX3 will have to go on hold I'm afraid. I really could do woth a ute @ present when I sell the Commodore. Far more practical. Even for firewood & moving dirt round the place down here. Will let youz know mid morning how it went

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
TheMAN

Car: .
patrols are awesome, but I like land cruisers better because I'm more of a toyota guy at heart
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
z100

Car: 2003 Protege Sp20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyGT View Post
Actually glad for it all now. I am looking @ a Nissan Patrol Ute in the morning. An oldy but low kms & very clean & looked after. I'll be the first to view & it has only had 2 owners since new & well cared for. I'll see how it looks & goes in the morning. Probably the best decision I've made in years if it is even near as good as it looks & sounds in add. Very, very clean. Low miles. Like I said. 2 owners since new. Looks far better than some half it's age as the first owner was an older guy who travelled a bit around the state & full service log & all. Here's hoping
That sounds good, have to put some pics up if you buy it!
z100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #25
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
HMM yep patrol. Not bad. it's all good

I am my self every now and then looking the same . Need more load carrying was thinking adding tow ball to the wagon but ah couldn't do it.

Keep the TX3 dream alive. If I didn't the need the space I'd still have another 3 more cars.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #26
NaughtyGT

I'll be looking @ doing a deal for the Patrol this evening. Be first to view it as though he's had heaps of interest, ads only been up this week & people will no doubt wonder out over weekend. These trayback diesels don't come up too often. Plenty of wagons & SWB beach goers though but with big miles on them. Wanna get in first since I work weekends. Seal the deal tonight

I do like the Toyo 4x4's too & did look @ a few turbo diesel Hilux's as well as other Patrols advertised but couldn't find any with alum trays & low kms like this one has. Any that were in good nick & did have low clicks were not utes.

This ute appears to be well looked after. Has very low mileage for these donks & model year. Heaps of club interest when you need info. If I remember, the diesels don't need an intercooler? I'll have to get researching again. There is a good forum & apparently these donks can take a bit of boost to get them rolling along a little better, even handle bigger turbos without messin with fuel mapping & A/M chips/management etc. Blokes have had good success from what I read. Stock boost is 6-8 so, 10psi is a walk in the park. Don't wanna put undue stress on engine. See where I go from there.

About the ute: It's basically a 1 owner for the last upteen years with low km's looks in very good shape. Service regularly be an older couple who traveled a bit but haven't been able to for a while now so, sold it to this guy who has it now. 3.3L turbo diesel 6cyl engine (these donks do massive reliable miles they reckon on the Patrol Forum), Aluminium tray. New chunky tyres & wheels. Spotties. Body raised 2".

Maybe a while fellas though til I get a lil 323 or TX3 though. Wife really likes the Patrol (that's a good thing!!! but baulks @ the idea of another car for now. But, once I sell the Commodore, prospects may look a little better?) Got my deposit back & saved on fuel getting it down here I suppose $100 or so? To hell with the cheap airfare I lost. Agree, was worth the lesson as I shoulda known better. Least it gave me time to reflect. But these lil 1.6/1.8 beasties are a bunch a fun aint they. Miss the lil 323 I had & wished I never ruined it

I think this new number is a winner & will serve me better @ this stage of the game.

Have a quick geez @ pics below & see what you think? Toolbox & traysides come with it & it has a rear light apparently:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 02-08-2013 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #27
NaughtyGT

Guyz, the Patrol fell through. Mainly due to seller SELLING it 10mins before I got there, after stating I was first to see it. I also drove over an hr to see it. Let's say he got the details of conversation we had prior, wrong

So, spent the last few days pursuing a few beasties here in Vic. Looked @ a few little gems. A rally spec Isuzu Gemini. Top nick mechanically with all belts, gaskets etc changed, other than the hail damage to roof & boot haha. Spoke with a guy selling an MR2 2.0L turbo. Paintwork had been touched up & ruined the look. Enquired about a Skyline fairly freshly imported, unmolested. Few ridgy dige VL Calais Turbo's. No 323's going @ present other than a GTR over on fl been partly disassembled but seller needing communication skills & thinking it ok to take off for a week & ignore enquiries soon as he advertises car. Fark! Seems to be the attitude of some on forums hey. Dodgy communication. It frustrates honest buyers. Wonder if it's just a wank to say "hey, look @ what I have that I know you want"? I couldn't be bothered with that! But, on a positive note!~

Last night I went to see the Gemini with the hail damage the seller forgot to inform me about as well as the rough sander marks in paint on the entire top section he also forgot to mention. So, moving along...........

Call from a seller I'd left a message with earlier in the day. Cut a long story short. I made a solid deal, pending on outcome of a roadie though @ this stage otherwise it's back to the negotiation table. I have to wait for the finding later in week. Then, if all good, wait for it to be completed so, early next week maybe? Guy works 2 jobs the poor bugger so I understand the hold up this time.

About the car! It's I suppose a semi-sleeper? Don't wanna post pics or full details til' I know for certain. But I doubt sale will fall through as seller has already been lowballed by a couple a young dudes & he wants it & all the stuff goes with it outa his hair asap. Has clear coat badly off top of both front guards. Rest of paintwork ok.

Clue for Mat & Rod haha. Minus the mods like FMIC. Following specs for the uh, sleeper

Stock 2.0L Flat-4 (Quad Cam, not DOHC, as stated in articles) turbo engine:
Comp 8:1
Redlines @ 7500
Stock 18psi boost (hint, not 14 haha)
> 206-210fkw/> 325-343NmT
0-100 4.7sec
Quarter 12.8'ish
Top Speed 148mph/238kph
Kerb Weight 1220kgs

EDIT: Mat was almost spot on

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 07-08-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Sorry about the patrol.

Just outta a curiosity how much do you want to spend on your next car ?
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #29
NaughtyGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323 View Post
Sorry about the patrol.

Just outta a curiosity how much do you want to spend on your next car ?
Heya buddy, long time huh

Pretty sure this latest find is a goer. Just waiting on RWC results really. Just gotta forget the recent dramas from the other 2 & move on.

$wise, between 5-8k? Rather leave some room to move though so, more towards the 5. I have to spend a bit on my daily asap so I can put it up for sale. What I get for this I've promised wifey will be invested somehow.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Ah Cool.
I just thought if i come across any good car to message you if i find something in your state because im always browsing the net and find ever now and then a nice turbo car.

But hopefully this one comes out all good, good luck !
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #31
TheMAN

Car: .
would've been nice to have that patrol
so maybe it's a sign you need to be looking for a 70 series Land Cruiser?
Old 06-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
NaughtyGT

Thanks heaps Noble. Much appreciated. I'll let you know soon as I'm certain with this one for sure though

Theman, I'm still a tad pissed I missed the Patrol for sure. I wouldnv'e minded a Cruiser either. Was really after any solid ol beast with an alum tray & not too high mileage.