Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Suspension & Wheels

Old 16-08-2016, 07:52 PM   #21
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
Honestly it's not easy to record the sound, personally like most of you all said I think it's the actual pads (even tho they are meant to be one of the best bendix) but heard a lot saying how crappy bendix is.

The noise doesn't bother me that much because lately it's only making the noise when I've been driving for a while, but brakes work fine, car stops like it should.

Yeah like Haighie wrote, DBA rotors are on (new).

To be honest I've been driving now for a while since installed and no problems with braking, my main concern was incase the brake system wasn't working properly when I'm driving but it's fine, only noise and not as much lately, so I'm not to worried I just know for next time not to get bendix for this car.

To everyone that try's to help and recommended to check things, I honestly appreciate your time and help but safe to say it's working perfectly like it should but with a little noise now
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #22
zazman777

Car: 2003 Mazda 323 SP20
put the rear up on jacks with the handbrake off and spin one of the rears with your hands and listen for the noise. I had a similar sound that i only heard at low speeds but the sound was also pulsating. later figured out it was the rear pads were coming in contact with the rotors (pulsating because of wear). The rear calipers are adjusted with the allen key and they were a bit too tight im guessing and by loosening it up they stopped making contact and the sound went away.
zazman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #23
Ezzzzzz80

Car: Mazda Protege BJ 1.8 Grey
Read this post and glad im not alone.

I changed all brake pads over 2 years ago. Purchased Bendix General CT pads.
Before you all get excited I don't drive my 2003 Mazda Protege much.
Since changing my pads the front brakes have had a clapping sound. Annoying AF.
I will tell you all that I am missing those tensile steel shims that go behind the pads though.

I dont think my protege was looked after though (bought the car second hand) and the scary thing I noticed that the rear wheel used to have way more brake dust than the front wheels. When I replaced the pads there was uneven pad wear.

I haven't died or come off the road since and I do drive the car hard. YAY!

Bendix general CT pads were great on my prior Toyotas.

The Protege feels way better to drive though.
Ezzzzzz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 11:26 AM   #24
Noble323
E74A

Yeah, I think bendix pads are actually crappy these Mazda's, after drive now for a while since installed I don't hear them much, which I'm happy my main concern was safety but now know/think it's the material use to make the pad.

I owned a Mazda 323 V6 years ago and had the same problem but sounded worse much worse and after buying genuine pads not a sound, it didn't click to my head that I had this problem years ago until about a month after installing them on the SP20.
Old 16-10-2017, 09:57 PM   #25
Noble323
E74A

Well a year later and my disc are f@&!'n warped again, one side really, I'll never get Bendix for a Mazda again now that I think about it I had the same issue with my BA V6 Astina, really annoyed been warped all within a year and know it's from the pads.

What pads would be recommended, car is used for normal driving nothing crazy.

Are TRW Pads good ? And what part no. Is for the SP20 ?

When I search TRW pads I found GDB1139 - is that the correct part no. ? Are they any good ? With noise etc...

Need pads that I can order here really not overseas.

I'm so close to getting genuine, I know they are expensive but want something to work properly.

Last edited by Noble323; 16-10-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:23 AM   #26
Noble323
E74A

Thought I'd update this, In case anyone is interested.

I ordered another front pair of DBA rotors (I could have had them resurfaced, but anyways) and brought a genuine Mazda set of brake pads, it's crazy expensive what the pads cost me, but I rather drive knowing hopefully I shouldn't have a problem once installed.