Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Bodykits & Exterior

Old 01-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #1
FLiP

Car: 2005 Polo GTi
Send a message via MSN to FLiP
BA 2.0 hatch Fog Lights for BA 1.8 hatch

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a set of fog lights to fit and fill the stock mounts in a BA 323 1.8 hatch.

The 2.0 BA comes standard with them but i can't find a wrecker who has a pair, i'd also prefer new (if possible).

If no one knows where to get them, has anyone found any fog lights that fit the stock position very nicely? Your help would be much appreciated.

FLiP
FLiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
papatonga
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1997 Mazda BA Astina
try Jap Wreck in Smithfield or MazFord in Revesby...www.mazford.com.au

with the fog lights, you will also need to buy an original Mazda fog light switch. You should be able to find these at the wreckers too.

and finally you also need to buy a relay. this you can probably buy from the wreckers or spare parts. on the relay, you should also note that the relay should have the below written on it
h300
12v/30a
no
imasen
cg24

Approx. prices:
Fog lights - $200-$300
Switch - $50
Relay - $70

papatonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
mrpayner

Car: 2013 Mazda 6 GT Sedan - Soul Red
Hey there FLiP,

Unfortunately those lights aren't a cheap comodity.. Although papatonga has quoted the lights between $200-$300, i think for new items you'll be looking more at inexcess of $1000 for them. Brand new from mazda they are/were $550 EACH! You might be better off sourcing something a little bit cheaper that looks similar.

Regards
Adam

2013 Mazda6 Diesel GT ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[Formerly] 2004 Mazda6 Luxury Sport
mrpayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #4
papatonga
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 1997 Mazda BA Astina
i think i must have had some good luck then, because i got my lights for only $220

papatonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
Hi flip, as a proud owner of a 2.0 litre mazda with standard fog lights my advise to you is .... forget 'em. A: they r as usefull as tits on a bull, B: they r the fugliest foggys goin round, C: look for some nice fog lamps off a wrecked SS late model commonwhore, they will fithave the smae sloped angle as our front bar and look really nice. ONly problem with them as far as i can see is that wreckers are asking roughly $150 for them.

My 2 cents worth.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #6
Savvyfx
Awesome Member

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinncinatus
Hi flip, as a proud owner of a 2.0 litre mazda with standard fog lights my advise to you is .... forget 'em. A: they r as usefull as tits on a bull, B: they r the fugliest foggys goin round, C: look for some nice fog lamps off a wrecked SS late model commonwhore, they will fithave the smae sloped angle as our front bar and look really nice. ONly problem with them as far as i can see is that wreckers are asking roughly $150 for them.

My 2 cents worth.
O_O

Personally I love the foggy's think they look fantastic, and light up the road a hell of a lot better than with just the head lights on. I think the factory ones look ace in the spot they're in too.
Savvyfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:51 AM   #7
prodigy

Car: Car
Send a message via MSN to prodigy
i have a BA 2l comes with fogs but personally im not a fan of foglights. theres hardly anytime that you can use them properly in sydney and arent they illegal to use now I was thinking of getting rid of them and fill up the holes or change the front bar but now that i know how much they are worth mwuahaha i might just hang on to them for longer
Old 03-05-2006, 05:40 PM   #8
dfvadr

Car: ss , sp20 , 94ba
check 4 sale threds , i think thats what laser the amazer is selling
- 18"ame's
- custom interior
- kenwood head unit , pioneer speakers driven by 800 watt amp , kicker subs driven by 1000 watt amps each sub [135.2db at supernats], two 1th caps 4 tv screens dvd player
- xbox
- airbag suspension with gas strut towers
- custom plates an airbrushing on bonnet
dfvadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:56 PM   #9
AstinaBoiV6

Car: ba
Send a message via MSN to AstinaBoiV6
my v6 didnt come with foglights.. the previous owner knew their value and took them off. hehe he left all the mounting brackets on but so i attatched my new ones to that.. the factory Ba hardtop foggys look extreemly gay. like seriously gay.. the hatch r nicer. but a lil ricer. My 2 cents would be to not waste your $$ on foglights but get a actual headlight upgrade with blue visions from phillips in your low beam and possibly the highbeam. also look into xenon vision that uber bright 6000k lights. they give u sooooo much visibility. for bout $300 u can get a kit so id rather look into that. they look cool at night 2 as the light they give out is blueish from certain angles.

Team AJ Member PM 4 details
AstinaBoiV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:09 PM   #10
Cincinnatus
Nate Dog

Car: Dah!
Hi Savvy, you obviuosly are a proud owner of a hatch, we Hardtop owners got stuck with some very wierd looking fog lights. Just because Mazda feel the need to charge $1000 for a pair don't mean a hell of a lot. They aren't worth that much, and because of the silly configuration of the mirrors in the HARDTOP fog lamps, they don't illuminate ****.
Cincinnatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #11
Savvyfx
Awesome Member

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinncinatus
Hi Savvy, you obviuosly are a proud owner of a hatch, we Hardtop owners got stuck with some very wierd looking fog lights. Just because Mazda feel the need to charge $1000 for a pair don't mean a hell of a lot. They aren't worth that much, and because of the silly configuration of the mirrors in the HARDTOP fog lamps, they don't illuminate ****.
For sure. I sure as hell wouldn't pay that much for the foggies, even though I do really like them. Kinda like my sunroof. I love it but I don't know about $2500 for it :/. My fog lights don't shine in peoples eyes as they are pointed down and wide, so it gives a wider angle of light which is fantastic.
I have only been pulled over for having them on once. I just played dumb.. "What fog lights? What are they?".
They do about as much illumination as my head lights.

Is anyone sure on the law? I thought it was they are allowed during adverse conditions. Adverse including night times?
Savvyfx is offline   Reply With Quote