Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > General Automotive Talk

Old 30-06-2009, 08:43 AM   #181
bourbon
The Hairy Mod

Car: MINI Cooper S 2003
HAHAHA i love sitting in the left hand lane and pass everyone...
bourbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #182
derb

Car: 1993 BG Astina GT-X
oh and this morning as well. i'm in a street that's near an intersection. the traffic can back up and therefore the council has a lovely 'KEEP CLEAR' sign painted on the road. which most people dutifully obey when they see me needing the gap. not this one idiot woman this morning. rolled right across it when i was almost about to pull out. so while i'm kind of taking up 2 lanes angled behind this wench, she starts orgniasing her life, which meant i had to hit the horn to move her ass once the light changed. if i had 1 wish, it would be that people paid as much attention to drving as they do themselves. and if anyone says 'i hate driving, i wish i didn't have to' their license would be suspended immediately to save me the hassle of dealing with them on the road driving like a utter spastic.
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #183
Rix

Car: 1997 Mazda Astina Ba
Send a message via MSN to Rix
Yeah derb i had that when i took my license test one of those big gas tanks parked in the keep clear section and i wanted to turn left of course i had to wait until the turn left arrow was green and quickly merge lane and go round the corner it was scary lol and i think thats where i got my non critical errors
Old 19-07-2009, 06:16 AM   #184
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
down on the Mornington Peninsula, south of Melbourne, dunno whet it is but as you approach people, just driving straight @ say 80kph, @ last minute people pull out in front of you as if your not even coming towards them! It's like they see you for 10 secs or so, then, just on approach, wam they pull out. Mooroodoc H'way is great too. 100kph H'way & cars have to pull out from adjacent roads onto your lane to enter the H'way! No merging, just come out into traffic. Un****ing believable this place!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:53 PM   #185
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
You know what grinds my gears, old drivers who are incompetent...
You know what grinds my gears, people who pull into the petrol pump infront of you because they are impatient.

So today when an old man pulled into the pump infront of me and I told him to be more considerate, and he gave me some grief about it, I didn't hold back.
Besides working at the same branded petrol station I know a few buttons which make it a long process to pay for your petrol.
Have a good day. :/
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #186
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
the worst thing I see every day is that when people wanna turn at a set of lights or into a street/driveway, they'll swing right out into the next lane to point where you have to either move over, or hurl abuse/honk...

Some people just cant drive for ****...
Old 07-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #187
chewyryce

Car: NA MX5
i hate those that dont indicate, dont shoulder check when merging, SLOW drivers doing minimum 10km under the limit, indicate for one click then merging like they have a spider in their pants, the list goes on.

the government thinks that by changing the P plate rules and making registration of vehicles more expensive will "lesson" the death toll... that didnt work. its not the P platers who are the only ones causing accidents.. a lot of idiots out there who are on their opens are causing it also.
chewyryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #188
mikey_something

Car: 1998 Toyota Supra 3.0L Twin Turbo
im all for a nationalised driver learning.
if everyone knows the same rules and has the same driving education, we should all be doing the same thing, the right thing.

120 hours on your learners, but if that 120 hours is with a crap driver, you've just reinforced 120 hours of poor driving into that learner.
anyone can drive good for 30 minutes to pass a P test, then they just get into poor habits.

i agree chewy its as if indicators have gone out of fashion.
i generally find this equation,
as car value -> infinity, indicator use -> zero.
my mum always makes jokes about "lovely expensive car, too bad he couldnt afford the indicator model"
its generally true.
mikey_something is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 PM   #189
70NYD
Veni, vidi, vici

Car: 1996 BA Hatch & 2005 RX8
I think, honestly, that every person after 65 (ie senior citizens) need to retake their license every year, and after 75 every 6 months. Also they should have a full physical with this, to ensure they won't kill someone who's 20 just cus they can't ****ing see or hear...
Old 07-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #190
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70NYD View Post
I think, honestly, that every person after 65 (ie senior citizens) need to retake their license every year, and after 75 every 6 months. Also they should have a full physical with this, to ensure they won't kill someone who's 20 just cus they can't ****ing see or hear...
you know the funny thing is - how oh they drive slower but THIs causes More problems

you get ALL These ****ers who can't drive - "Normally I input racist anti socail slurs typical of sydney here you can add your own" Plus Older and mix old type as well.

They casue more issues - Because they FRUSTRATE others by being in the right lane going slower - or slow to merge.

I mean I don't think in most places especially any city where major freeways are uncomon. I find in QLD you get otu of brisbane and south west and north, it's like they expect you to give way. SPEED UP. Merge AT SPEED.

But then again In sydney and in melbourne Actually in Melbourne they have good reason not to go too fast DAM speed cameras. But **** at least do the limit.

But it's always these lot making other frustrate make you end up doign silly things - Undertake - over take - use the shoulder - Use the emergencey area. Use the truck rest area as lane - (note only FAST cars can do it on the M5)

But all this occurs because you get people who should not drive or just not confident. I still can't stand P-platers in the right lane on 110km/h freeway.
Your limited to 90 - **** off to the left. THen some idiots said you must LEARN so go on Freeway at 80km/h on L's it causes more issues again.

You get trucks overtaking. If the systems wants them doing or learning freeway driving LET THEM GO FASTER.

It's all silly.

I still think GERMAN WAY IS THE BEST WAY. You have money to pay and you learn one set of rules NO IFS NO BUTTS.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #191
RustyKaos

Car: 1998 BA 323 Astina Hardtop
Plus to get a german licence is hard and takes skill in the first place so it keeps the bad drivers off the road. I think driving lessons should be a class taken in high school so everyone gets the same lessons.

Come challenge me. I dare ya.
RustyKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #192
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
Yeah i think it's too easy to get a license here. Especially in South Australia where you get your L's at 16 and only had to spend 6 months on them (changed to 1 year recently). I would not get into the car with many of my friends as I don't feel they're competent drivers (maturity and age). I'm lucky I was taught to drive very well but there are just so many people who obviously shouldn't be on the road!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #193
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
I forgot to add - Plus you must speak ENGLISH. How we can give tests for English words like STOP - Give way Signs. Yet We will give them a test in ****ING ANY OTHER LANGUAGE BUT ENGLISH. If you get into a car accident with these Dicks you end up having to need a UN committee or something.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #194
jaytourist

Car: Mazda6
before i had my mazda6, i also had a bad experience with another car, but i sold it because i want to live longer. the problem is, its break is not good. now, my mazda 6 takes me anywhere with a good experience. i love it!
jaytourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #195
mynameisdaniel

Car: 07 Subaru Liberty GT Spec B tuned by STi
oooh I've got one, people who slow down to turn into a slip lane okay fair enough if it's full and you will need to slow down, but you're not going to crash your car turning into a different lane where there's plenty of room to slow down by yourself!
Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM   #196
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
I'm not the best driver in the world but.. At least I didn't do this:

A couple of weeks ago I was driving home from work. I drive the same way as the container trucks and that go to get to the port. I then got to a reasonably sharp corner about 2km away from the port to see a truck flat on it's side. It had gone around the corner too quickly and tipped over.

When I got to work the day after, I discovered that the truck was owned by the transport company I use for my containers. (Y) good work mate.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #197
wheeler33
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Wrangler JK
My most annoying thing is when lanes end, i'm all for letting people in, but its usually a 1:1 ratio and when people speed up and race you try and fit in ridiculous gaps. Unless of course they genuinely couldn't get in and you can tell when they're being dick heads. (mostly during peak hour)
Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #198
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
I had 3 farktards (older Magna, VT Commodor & FG Fairmont) on the Warrego Highway this afternoon annoying the absolute sh!t out of everyone, myself included, with there stupid antics:

Cat & Mouse
Lets slow down the traffic to 70kms and sit at this speed
Drag racing
Weaving in and out of traffic

All this with Green P Plates displayed on all the cars.

I know I havent been a saint on the road, but ffs, that stuff I wouldnt ever do!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #199
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
Whad do you expect? They're P platers driving terrible cars. They think that because they have a v6 they are better and faster drivers than anyone else.

Sadly some P platers ruin it for the rest of us.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #200
phunkdust
AstinaGT Regular

Car: SP20
Seem to be getting a lot of this recently

People turning into slip lanes not going straight into it right away but straddling the line till the last minute, all the while slowing down, so I have to slow down till they get their arse out of the way.

Also, I really get mad when people tailgate you when you're doing the legal 40 in a school zone. I don't want to run over a kid, buddy, how about you?

OH and frigging four-wheel-drive losers who seem to feel the need to turn a bit in the opposite direction first before turning where they want to go, thus drifting into my lane. Holy **** if you need to drive like that perhaps don't drive something so enormous!
phunkdust is offline   Reply With Quote