Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #1
stevied_007

Car: 1999 KN Ford Laser Sedan
Emergency engine swap! FS-DE to FP-DE.

Hi,

I've been lurking around for a bit meaning to post a little thread on my Laser, but hadn't got around to it.

I've got a 1999 KN Ford Laser Sedan GLXI 1.8 povo pack, so about a month ago now I brought an 02 Protege SP20 sedan for next to nothing, that was a repairable write-off.
Call me crazy or stupid but I wanted a challenge so I swapped the entire contents of the Mazda into my Ford to basically create a SR2 sedan.

Now I think the worst has occurred. Yesterday as I was driving home I noticed an odd sound, a clacking. I headed for the nearest car park and pulled over.
Popped to hood and had a look, the sound was becoming slowly more frequent and louder so I shut down the motor and got it towed home by the RACV.
I't pretty much sounds something is slapping around inside the engine, so I think its cactus, although I won't get any time to have a decent look till the weekend. I have managed to drain the oil, and there is no sign of anything metallic, so it could have eaten a VICS flap maybe?.

Anyway I need to know if I can drop the FP-DE back in and run it off the loom and ECU from the FS-DE.

I'm trying my best to research the answers but I need a car for work by next week, so I've really only got the weekend to throw a motor in until I can work things out a little further.
stevied_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links