Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Talk > Your Rides/Project Worklog

Old 30-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #421
NaughtyGT

Car: Sooby B4 - Astina SP parting out
Davo, one mob in UK wanted $240AUS delivery for springs. Another wanted $490 . I ended up paying approx $100AU from US via priority international. Struts were $140AU delivery.

I've noticed alot of parts on Ebay they try & hit you up for freight & that's how they offer reasonable prices on actual items. Gotta watch em

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
NaughtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:37 AM   #422
NaughtyGT

um..................liquid injection is only $500 more than vapour. I was given bullsh1t information from a-hole here where I live & also from another. Been like this for years too btw.....how do these nobs stay in business

Anyway, confirmed it all with installer who uses LPG warehouse gear (JTG installs), the "ants pants" of LPI "untuned" can expect about 15wkw more power than with petrol / "tuned" up to 30 economy near that of fuel & capable of higher CR's than fuel too

Only downside with the LPI is I have to use the piddly donut tank so, alot of visits to the servo unfortunately.

Fark there's alot to learn/know.......when I explained I am running aftermarket ECU & trigger wheels etc, he then confirmed it can be run via direct LPI, not duel-fuel bullsh1t!

Not much booking time necessary either! Only a week or two! I thought it would be months, so this is one huge plus.......

Again, until I get the turbo header & gear from OS, I can't do alot of the technical stuff. But when suspension & front-end gear turn up, @ least I can do the undercarriage.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 02-12-2011 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #423
NaughtyGT

Gotta work out where to put spare now??? Already fitted the amps......I may try & mount the spare where the scuba tank is? What craps me is I can't finish anything @ this stage. The LPI install will be the last thing basically.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #424
NaughtyGT

Here's just a little something different to wet the appetite of performance folk, helping to explain what I'm really about .........

QUOTE from a recent article:

......Whereas traditional vapour LPG systems turn liquefied gas into vapour form before feeding it into the engine via a venturi in the throttle body, the liquid phase injection (LPI) system takes the gas in liquid state all the way to the injectors -- a more precise method that Ford says delivers improved engine performance.......

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #425
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaughtyGT View Post
Gotta work out where to put spare now??? Already fitted the amps......I may try & mount the spare where the scuba tank is? What craps me is I can't finish anything @ this stage. The LPI install will be the last thing basically.
change over to run flats=no need for spare lol
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM   #426
NaughtyGT

sheesh! Tryin to stay up with this LPI stuff.......

The JTG system uses it's own injectors that come with the kits. This means I don't have to fork out for LS2 COP injectors or even run EFI @ all, due to dedicated LPI set up. Just wish I didn't need to use the pidly donut where my spare should be but apparently this has the necessary pump needed.

Anyway, spoke guy in charge this morn & he's keen to have the car as soon as I get it all together, up to fitting the VEMS ECU & harness, then shop takes over. Cart comes home on all fours

Found couple of OEM suppliers in UK US for all the tidly OEM suspension parts like, ball joints, idler arm bushings, Strut boots & bump stops, boot rubber, draglink & tie rod assemblies, expansion tank cap, thermostat & other tid bits......all the pita stuff including the rear flex plate (driveshaft donut) for 1/3rd cost it is here &....heavily discounted expedited freight on most so hopefully gets here round same time as the springs. Bilsteins arrived yesterday

Last edited by NaughtyGT; 07-12-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #427
JDM323

Car: 2002 BJ2 protege
Send a message via ICQ to JDM323
at least yours don't have the hydraulic self levelling rear end to bounce you down the road when the "eggs" fail
JDM323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #428
NaughtyGT

Yes, I couldn't bother with that stuff. Yerk! That's why I got the basic 300E.It's much more straight forward & lighter

Old 05-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #429
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Bump for updates!
Old 26-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #430
Noble323
E74A

Car: SP20
What happen ever happened to this project ?
Noble323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #431
NaughtyGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble323 View Post
What happen ever happened to this project ?
Couldn't find workshop to assist with the go-fast installs etc. The LPI injection set up I wanted would've been way too exppensive to warrant using. Was between a rock & one hellova hard place unfortunately

Big learning curve though all the same.