Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > AstinaGT Communities > Queensland

Old 23-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Ben

Car: MPS
Qld agt mega day!

As you are probably all aware there has been much speculation about a photoshoot meet day sometime soon. Well I'm here to bring you that, plus MORE!

As in the last few months we have had a increase in BJ owners for QLD and some newbies, its time to break them in. We've also had a Mod day at phil's which was good fun, however lack of established thread/timing made it so some of the regulars couldn't come.

What I'm suggesting is we have a Mod day, cruise and photoshoot day all in one little package. A full day of action packed AGT. BUT, the only catch is for this happening, is that it will be held on the Sunshine Coast.

Part 1: Brisbane members. Meet at a central location. (Probably under the gateway like per usual) and cruise down to the sunshine coast.

Part 2: Mod day at Ben's parents rental property. I will be looking at installing my springs. They SHOULD be here by this (If not, rupe gets it haha) So i would need someone that has the tools and knowledge to help me.

The house has a pool, all welcome to swim. Close to shops, inc Autobarn and supercheap. Food shops etc is in walking distance, House is located in Nambour (The nicer part, i swear) There is room for about 5 cars on the driveway. Plenty of room for parking for spectators as well.

You are more than welcome to do anything you want, providing you bring your tools and we keep things clean. I will provide a esky with softdrink, no booze as you all got to drive home

NOTE: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ATTEND THE MOD DAY IF YOU DO NOT DESIRE. You can just come on the cruise, or photoshoot. The house can probably only really supply for a max of 8 cars anyway.

Part 3: A short cruise. I'll take you on my regular run which is close by. Has twisties and a hill. (Finishes up at photoshoot location)

http://goo.gl/maps/ZnRRx

Part 4: We cruise to the beach for the photoshoot at around sunset time.

Photoshoot location: http://goo.gl/maps/ShAb8 (The boat ramp, tons of parking, has canal mansions in the background)

Part 5: You all go home, OR we can get dinner somewhere. This can be decided on the day.

ALSO: Our good old buddy Dane will be in town, he can jump in on the photoshoot to annoy the NSW members

DATE: 25th of November. (Cant do saturdays due to open houses)

HOWEVER A problem could arise, that is my parents sell the house. If that is the case. Scratch this plan completely, or it can be moved to someone elses house.

Last edited by Ben; 23-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 23-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Mad Mat
HONEYWELL REPRESENT

Car: 1997 BA Hardtop - Had a 2003 BJii J48 Sport20, and 2x bg SOHC astina hatches
Send a message via MSN to Mad Mat
ben that sounds like a great idea

Im In

1994 323 BG Hatch 2005-2007 Crashed into truck
1991 323 BG Hatch 2007-2008/9 SOLD
2003 BJ SP20 J48 Hatch 2008-2011 Regretfully SOLD
1997 BA I4 Sedan 2012-CURRENT
1985 BF 323 Hatch 2014-2015
SOLD
1989 MX5 2015-2015
Mad Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Im up for the cruise/photoshoot, although you already knew that Ben
Old 23-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #4
Ice88

Car: Blue SP20
Parkyn Parade will be full of people in November on a good weather day. Getting a car park next to someone from AGT will be enough of a challenge let alone all of us.

Say we go park on spare block on Mooloolah Island or Minyama Island (providing the blocks still there, turn right on Pandanus (?) Ct and its on the right hand side up the end used be two of them or one massive block...) We'd have to be quiet though, loud talking etc will annoy them rather quickly

Is Palmwoods-Montville Rd open yet? Last time I was driving up there it was closed. If so can we do it

EDIT: We could also go up through Hunchy, down through Mooloolah, Ilkley Rd and then along to the highway -> home or cruise to photoshoot.

Last edited by Ice88; 23-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #5
Alemenara
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 94 V6 BA Hatch
If my car is on the road by the 25th (fingers crossed), then i'll be keen to come along to the cruise & photoshoot at the very least.
Alemenara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #6
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice88 View Post
Parkyn Parade will be full of people in November on a good weather day. Getting a car park next to someone from AGT will be enough of a challenge let alone all of us.

Say we go park on spare block on Mooloolah Island or Minyama Island (providing the blocks still there, turn right on Pandanus (?) Ct and its on the right hand side up the end used be two of them or one massive block...) We'd have to be quiet though, loud talking etc will annoy them rather quickly

Is Palmwoods-Montville Rd open yet? Last time I was driving up there it was closed. If so can we do it

EDIT: We could also go up through Hunchy, down through Mooloolah, Ilkley Rd and then along to the highway -> home or cruise to photoshoot.
For some reason google Maps is insitant we go on Palmwoods montville road, were going through Hunchy as you can see, Maps is just being a loser and say go back that way Edit: Fixed the map, i found out how to delete points haha

I didnt even think about the people at Parkyn, this could change. I like your suggestion of the block of land. When im that way next i'll see if they are still there. Last time i checked it was pretty full of houses
Old 23-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #7
Ice88

Theres still 1 or 2 two on Mooloolah Island as we park there when I go sailing. The blocks Im unsure of are on Pandanus Ct. (I'm sure that's it, used to deliver there all the time)

Another place if we parked all the cars is top of Pacific Blvd near the water tower. And down the bottom at the park, again will prolly be busy though. Theres also up top near Blaxton looking out towards the sunny coast bit of room there for us to pull off the road. Otherwise can also do the lookout towards landsborough.

Is palmswoods-montville rd closed still? Side note: Hunchy's not bad (matt/sam we took this road the night you came up to my parents) but it is prone to Sunday drivers

Last edited by Ice88; 23-10-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Ice88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice88 View Post
Theres still 1 or 2 two on Mooloolah Island as we park there when I go sailing. The blocks Im unsure of are on Pandanus Ct. (I'm sure that's it, used to deliver there all the time)

Another place if we parked all the cars is top of Pacific Blvd near the water tower. And down the bottom at the park, again will prolly be busy though. Theres also up top near Blaxton looking out towards the sunny coast bit of room there for us to pull off the road. Otherwise can also do the lookout towards landsborough.

Is palmswoods-montville rd closed still? Side note: Hunchy's not bad (matt/sam we took this road the night you came up to my parents) but it is prone to Sunday drivers
The water tower and the park down the bottom is always full. It was full when i went to took star trail shots the other night at about 10pm haha.

Last time i checked Palmwoods montville was still closed, but this was about 7 months ago. I always go through Hunchy and can get through. I don't want to make the cruise too long, purely because the fact that most of you have to drive back to Brisbane, and if your anything like me, after being out all day i don't want to drive haha.

Dont really want to do lookouts, generally the parking is poor, lots of people come and go, getting in the way, and its overdone.
Old 23-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
marcs_sp20

Car: 2002 Mazda Astina SP20 2006 Mazda 6 GY Wagon
Just had a look on nearmap, there are 2 blocks next to each other at the end of Mooloolah Drive ( just after the turn to go over to Minyama Is) or there are a couple carparks + boat ramp on Harbour Pde looking at the Marina
Old 23-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #10
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Ellen wants to come. maybe I will be in her car haha. bring your turbos! as she will be off her P's by then.
Old 23-10-2012, 07:18 PM   #11
lukeyprotege
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 MAZDA 323 BJ II-J48 PROTEGE
Day after I come back from schoolies I should be able to attend. Hopefully I will have the money to go low by then.
lukeyprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:35 PM   #12
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
darn you. I'm going to be over in Thailand til 25/10 night.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #13
Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcs_sp20 View Post
Just had a look on nearmap, there are 2 blocks next to each other at the end of Mooloolah Drive ( just after the turn to go over to Minyama Is) or there are a couple carparks + boat ramp on Harbour Pde looking at the Marina
Here's the blank land Kris was talking about. However, it is in the houses, im sure they wont appreciate if were there for hours.

http://goo.gl/maps/ld4FO

Really, it doesnt matter on location. I know tons of little places around this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean_Cookie View Post
Ellen wants to come. maybe I will be in her car haha. bring your turbos! as she will be off her P's by then.
Anyone is welcome Especially Ellen and her hawt car haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyprotege View Post
Day after I come back from schoolies I should be able to attend. Hopefully I will have the money to go low by then.
Money? Schoolies...They dont mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
darn you. I'm going to be over in Thailand til 25/10 night.
Give cookie your car and we can "say" you "made" and appearance haha
Old 23-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #14
SP-20-DB

Car: bj sp20 hatchback red
im in

time enjoyed wasting isnt time wasted
HANDLING>horsepower
SP-20-DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
lukeyprotege
AstinaGT Regular

Car: 2003 MAZDA 323 BJ II-J48 PROTEGE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I know Oh well it will still be a good day will be awesome to meet other members and go for a cruise
lukeyprotege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #16
Ice88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Here's the blank land Kris was talking about. However, it is in the houses, im sure they wont appreciate if were there for hours.

http://goo.gl/maps/ld4FO

Really, it doesnt matter on location. I know tons of little places around this area.

Anyone is welcome Especially Ellen and her hawt car haha

Give cookie your car and we can "say" you "made" and appearance haha
Theres also Minyama Island where all the truly rich people live

****ty tippers though...
Old 23-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #17
project.r.racing

Car: n/a
Brightwater is the place to go. Construction, mostly empty block, canals etc.

I might come along for the mod part of it. The rest doesn't interest me.
project.r.racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #18
Clean_Cookie
obsessed-incomplete-broke

Car: BA Hardtop/Hatch
Give me your car rhys and I'll put some dynamat into it!
Old 24-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
Rhys

Car: 2000 BJ Protege
You're more than welcome to use my car in the time i'm gone but it's not running great atm. Still got to get my butt into gear and figure out the fans/gauge problems but i've been working 13 hour days atm so have had no motivation haha.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #20
Samsara

Car: 2003 BJ-II 323 Astina Hatch
I am in.
Samsara is offline   Reply With Quote