Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Old 18-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #21
jesiotrot

Car: MX6 Capella Infini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
260kw is a lot of power!
I think the limit on those are around 225kw, which hasn't been a problem for my friend whose car has around that much power

more importantly though, torque is what put stresses in gears over power for the most part... those F2Ts make crazy torque!
Yeah the torque figure from that car is insane. H-type gearboxes are known for stripping 3rd gear, most people just replace it with a PAR gear and nothing else breaks. But this car stripped 4th gear, Ive never seen a h-type do that before. It does run full slicks at the drags thought, runs 11.4 @ 121 with a standard engine, just heaps of boost
jesiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 02:49 PM   #22
TheMAN

Car: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spykey View Post
Not sure, but mine came out of a guy running 26 PSI on a 2.o FS-DE engine with a HOLSET turbo.
With all the revision he did on the LSD, welded the pin, welded the LSD etc, it didn't give up and was removed after 10,000 km's because he got his car back to stock for selling.

Thats was his setup:
-Holset hy35
-pushing 350 hp
-Mazdaspeed LSD v3
-Updated 3rd 4th shift fork
-Competition Stage 3 Kevlar Clutch

I'll get some more infos from him and let you know.
there you go! that's proof that the mazdaspeed LSD is plenty strong... too many naysayers here saying it's crap and want to spend more on the mfactory instead!
Old 18-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #23
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Mazda 323 SP20 TURBO
Quote:
there you go! that's proof that the mazdaspeed LSD is plenty strong... too many naysayers here saying it's crap and want to spend more on the mfactory instead!
Definitely true, your shaft will give up first before the mazdaspeed LSD.

If this didn't break with 350 HP ATW, how much will you will push the 2.0L FSDE Engine?

The Man, have a look below at the welding, i managed to clean a bit of the oil with ACETONE and took a couple of photos :

Spykey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #24
TheMAN

welds looks fine!

there's this bloke in spain who pushed close to 400hp with a welded mazdaspeed LSD and stock cyrotreated gears before the gears gave way... plus a multitude of other things went wrong with his engine because he didn't spec out and tune his car right
Old 18-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #25
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
welds looks fine!

there's this bloke in spain who pushed close to 400hp with a welded mazdaspeed LSD and stock cyrotreated gears before the gears gave way... plus a multitude of other things went wrong with his engine because he didn't spec out and tune his car right
Thats why am sure my Mazdaspeed LSD should be able to handle some big HP and sometime doesn't want to sell it.

Also its already modded for protege speedo.

By the way TheMaN what do you think of Signature Cans PCV valve delete kit?

are they useful?
Old 18-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #26
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Depends on how you use the MS one. I broke the friction/spring clutchs in one.
My Quife - is still alive. And my Guru is still good both. drive shafts in total on only 200HP at the wheel F2t and FGE DOHC N/A. Oh and stripped a ring gear or two.

No slicks either, Just Daily Burnout Routine into traffic.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 06:28 AM   #27
TheMAN

the preload spring was removed in version 2, and version 3 (best) doesn't have it either
Old 19-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #28
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodhog View Post
Depends on how you use the MS one. I broke the friction/spring clutchs in one.
My Quife - is still alive. And my Guru is still good both. drive shafts in total on only 200HP at the wheel F2t and FGE DOHC N/A. Oh and stripped a ring gear or two.

No slicks either, Just Daily Burnout Routine into traffic.
daily burn-out lol

i have around 200hp at the front wheels FSDE with T3/4 turbo @ 11.5 psi and everything else is stock.

Stock gearbox, never opened, stock engine and nothing broken so far.

Last edited by Spykey; 19-05-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 19-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
jesiotrot

Car: MX6 Capella Infini
On a low torque BP or FS the MS diff would be fine, but on a high powered FE3 or F2T it would be living on borrowed timed.
jesiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 11:18 AM   #30
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
Quote:
the preload spring was removed in version 2, and version 3 (best) doesn't have it either
Well Mine was new only a few year old too. So I don't know version what but I don't think it was a Version 1 - still haven't fully pulled it might of been clutch pack in peices not sure - don't care either. Because it stopped locking up after 5000km's. Or should I say 3 months. did one driveshaft in that time.

Yes Daily burnout - even pulled out into traffic last night - right in front of a Blue SS - HP car. Not that they do anything in my area, A station wagon does not make screach sounds in traffic - it's that lowered Sp20 or Mazda 3 that gets pulled.LOL
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2012, 12:41 PM   #31
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Well Mine was new only a few year old too. So I don't know version what but I don't think it was a Version 1 - still haven't fully pulled it might of been clutch pack in peices not sure - don't care either. Because it stopped locking up after 5000km's. Or should I say 3 months. did one driveshaft in that time.

Yes Daily burnout - even pulled out into traffic last night - right in front of a Blue SS - HP car. Not that they do anything in my area, A station wagon does not make screach sounds in traffic - it's that lowered Sp20 or Mazda 3 that gets pulled.LOL

LoL am in Alexandria, NSW. Undercover Cops Everywhere :P

Last edited by Spykey; 19-05-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 19-05-2012, 03:10 PM   #32
TheMAN

Quote:

you'll never know what you have unless you remember/kept track of which part number your diff was
Old 27-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #33
soul

Car: bg 323 with fe3 and 626 wagon 1mz v6
those welds have a crack right up the center .... clear as day ...... think someone needs to pre heat and let cool down slowly ... like in an oven
soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #34
Spykey
AstinaGT Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul View Post
those welds have a crack right up the center .... clear as day ...... think someone needs to pre heat and let cool down slowly ... like in an oven
It does look like in the photo, but i double checked it, didnt find any crack..