Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2004, 07:51 AM   #1
razor_nl

Send a message via ICQ to razor_nl Send a message via MSN to razor_nl
Where to get a BPT 1.8 engine ?

Hi,
I'm very interesting in doing an engine swap. Currently i've got a BP 1.8 engine and i want a 1.8 BPT engine (ofcourse.. )
But these engines are really hard to get!
When I looked at this forum, it doesn't seem to be a problem for you guys.
I live in the netherlands (little country in Europe, west of germany, north of france) and for as far as i know, nobody has done this swap on a BA.
So there isn't much information available in my country.
And there aren't much 323 GTX cars for sale either..
And on the "car graveyards" (dont know the exact english word for it) aren't any 323 GTX cars. There are some 1.6 turbo engines for sale, but of course i want a 1.8 (if i'm doing a swap, i want to do it right )

So my question to you guys...
Where the f*ck did you get your engines ? :P
Did you buy a 2nd hand 323 GTX and ripped everything from it? Or were you just lucky and did you ran into a 2nd hand engine? Or is there a huge store over there who sales these things?
And what about the age and KM's (or miles)? Did you all buy engines from about 1991 with 165.000 KM? Or newer engines? Because all of the engines here are like that... a lot of KM's
Hope you guys can help me with some information...

Oh and one little question at last, in the sticky about the engine conversion, the prices there... USD or asutralian dollars?

Thanx!
Greetz,
Jeffrey
razor_nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links