Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #1
kfze

Car: CBAEP with KFZE
Send a message via Yahoo to kfze
Lantis with KLZE using KLK1 ecu - just transplanted in

Guys,
I just put in my KLZE-curved neck into my Lantis. The engine uses a KL68 throttle body, KL47 MAF airflow sensor together with the heat temp sensor at the airbox, as well as full engine wiring harness.

The curved-neck KLZE has a higher intake manifolds, but it fits the lantis perfectly, although the engine now is slightly nearer to the firewall. The engine comes with the KLK1 ecu. I have rewired all the harness and using the KLK1 ecu on my ride.

Initially, I have few complications i.e. no reading on speedo, no reading on RPM meter, aircon as well fan, as I have difficulty locating the exact wiring point for all these. After spending about 5 days, I have managed to wired up everything.

All the important sensors are working as it should be, means water temp, ignition, fan switch, VRIS.

How do the engine feel ? Well, its sluggish ! It feels like the engine is running lean, means the throttle response is lagging. I am using my original KF 2.0 fuel pump in my setup (a mate of mine also using the same fuel pump on his MX3 KLZE).

Complications :
1) Idling without A/C is above 1k rpm. With A/C on, the idling DROP to 800rpm. I have tried to adjust the TB to set the idling speed at 750rpm without A/C, but when I turned on the A/C, the idling rattles (means its hunting to stay idle). At the end the engine just died....

2) I have driven my buddy's MX3 with the same engine but using KL31 ecu and JE50 airflow. I can tell its a world of difference. His MX3 runs like a water, very smooth and fast ! While mine feels like I am pulling a bull. I can say my KFZE type R engine is much lighter and quicker than my KLZE now...

I believe my engine comes from Mazda Eunos 800 or Millenia (both these cars using curved-neck KLZE in Japan).

Has anyone that transplanted the ZE has the problems that I faced ?
Based on my description, can anyone offers me some suggestion on what to lookout for so that I can release the hidden powers of the KLZE.... as well as to make the car idles properly ?

Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks.
kfze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
rodhog

Car: mx-6 626 Gs300 Maz2 was 95 KF BA-HT
IF you can use the ECU diagnostics you can then work out where your going wrong. Sluggish sounds like igniton retard and that could be a number of reasons.
rodhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #3
A L 3 X

Car: 323f BA
ask GOGOBROOM and Maylander739 on club323f.com

they are both putting KLZE's in lantis's atm.....not sure which spec though but they should have some idea
A L 3 X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2008, 04:46 AM   #4
kfze

Problem solved. The problem related to aircon wiring and compressor grounding (something about there as I did not understand some of the jargons that my mechanic used) Now I really feel the power of KLZE. I remembered testing the car after rectifying the problem and I came out of the car laughing and smilling all the way. My 2 other frens who droved turbos after came out and smiling.

It pulls like a turbo. Really wonderful and fully satisfied.
Old 20-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #5
dave0r
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT Turbo
Send a message via MSN to dave0r
thanks for finding this out
im doing a KL-ZE swap very very soon and im not going to be running the A/C pump, im just making a pully for the belt cycle

i cant wait for my swap, 1060kgs with 200hp no bad power to weight
dave0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 02:20 AM   #6
kfze

You will be laughing too after u taste the power. By the way, what engine and ECU are u using ? Are u gonna rewire the whole thing too or u just plug n play with your original KF wiring

I think based on your 1060kg weight, u may be using a MX3 instead of a Lantis.
Old 22-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #7
dave0r
AstinaGT Regular

Car: Astina GT Turbo
Send a message via MSN to dave0r
no its going into a BG Astina GT ,so 1060kgs
using a MX3 loom, KL28 ecu and KL01 AFM as its all i can find so i'll be down on some power untill i can find the correct ECU combo

no need to splice wires as the MX3 is the same dash connectors as any BG based mazda
dave0r is offline   Reply With Quote