Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Forced Induction & Engine Conversions

Old 17-08-2004, 08:28 PM   #21
ROB-80E

Car: Turbo BG Astina
Send a message via ICQ to ROB-80E Send a message via MSN to ROB-80E
Yeah I know I'm pretty limited.

Theoretically though...at 80% duty cycle and 43psi pressure, I can still achieve just over 220hp at the wheels (using 15% loss for FWD drive train). That's starting to push things though, and if your gunna go past that with injectors, it's gunna get risky. I am however using a rising rate pressure reg which I saw get up to 60psi on the dyno, so maybe that will get me 225Kw leeway. But yeah, I'm only interested getting 200 on paper (soo close with 197.8 :x ), so now I'll save some biccies and do the other mods already mentioned as well as some 550cc injectors.

Personally, with a little bit more boost, I think I can get 205hp, maybe 210 if I really want to push my luck (which I don't ops: ).

There is a dyno day coming up that Im going to attend and see what I can get where I can really monitor what's going on more closely.

Turbo Mazda, what's some more specs on your car?? ECU, turbo, pump, etc etc. Hows yours on daily driving with fuel ecconomy? That's my main concern with going to 550's.
Old 18-08-2004, 10:11 AM   #22
TURBO MAZDA

spec are :

Computer :Microtech MTX8
Injectors : 550cc or 600cc injector but not 100% sure maybe bigger.
Pump : SR20 turbo 180sx Pump. Custom fuel rails etc.
Turbo : T4/T3 Garret Turbo
Intercoola : 600 x 300 x 70 Core Size
Exaust : 3inch Turbo back highflow cad
Pistons : Forged oversized Pistons , 8.1 Compression.
Cams : Cam Gears

A couple of other things that i can't remember at the moment.

Daily driving : It is alright if you don't press it. Never tryed to see how many Km's a tank will go.
TURBO MAZDA is offline   Reply With Quote