Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Performance & Technical > Performance & General Maintenance

Old 21-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #1
lam

Car: Mazda 2003 Astina
Tapping noise and hesitation. BJII

Hey everyone.

Car - 2003 Mazda 323 Astina 1.8L Auto.

I've got a tapping noise coming from my intake manifold similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O8qSw4dxII

This noise went away for a bit when I taped up the cracks along my intake pipe which has been causing a huge vacuum leak for a while, this also made my car run much more smoother and had more power.

The noise and sluggishness soon came back even though I have now replaced the intake pipe.

However, I was trying a few things around this time like high octane fuel and a fuel injector cleaning additive, so i'm not sure what the temporary fix was.

Also, I had engine pinging under acceleration before patching up my intake pipe, this pinging also happened to have come back along with the above noise. I have double checked that I installed the hose properly and that it's free from cracks.

Do I still have a vacuum leak somewhere? it does hesitate and feel a bit rough.

Cheers guys.
lam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 22-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
bathtub

Car: Ford Laser SR2
My throttle body gasket **** itself a while back and that caused similar symptoms. It was letting in unmetered air after the MAF sensor so it was leaning out. That would probably cause the pinging!
bathtub is offline   Reply With Quote