Car: bjzm-r

bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #24
bobby

Car: bjzm-r
Quote:
Originally Posted by familiagtx View Post
getting a pinky its no effort.

its getting a blue slip with the bpt in it with the CORRECT details on it.

And trust me with my experience, it doesn't work and bites you in the bum.

I prepared a Suzuki mightyboy for a blue slip and I installed 796cc instead of the only factory optioned 543cc.

without an engineers certificate you are not allowed to exceed 200cc.

both engines are identical to look at.

3 months later after the car was registered, I had rta inspectors visit my house and lift the car with their own trolley jack to perform an ID check and see if the engine number was incorrectly written down and/or the incorrect engine has been installed.

had 30 days to rectify the issue by supplying a engineers certificate or install a factory optioned engine or have my rego suspended till resolved.

The BG/KF/KH guys are easier to get by on the sly, because the BP SOHC has the same BPXXXXXX as a BPT engine number.

---
forgot to mention my regular blueslip guy that I used over the years had his licence suspended for 6 months and copped a ear bashing from him with the next vehicle I took.
like i said, i have registered it with the bpt engine in the bj chassis.

bj cars did come out with bp in japan. they even came out with diesel.

the displacement was "lowered from the 2.0 to the 1840cc" there isn't an issue as long as its within the 15% margin.

the only thing the rta gives a dam about is the emissions, and when you decide to turbocharge a n/a fs 2.0 engine., your only choice is to use a aftermarket tunable ecu, which will knock your emissions out of the factory specification, I'm currently running the gtr ecu, which is factory tuned and will not run rich on idle unlike a aftermarket ecu with multiple variables "cold start" hot start etc.

the bpt engine can be found in the 2004 australian delivered mx5, there is no difference between getting a block from a aussie delivered 2004 mx5 and a 1994 familia gtr.

if they didn't allow me to register the engine with the car, my next choice would of been a zm engine which is identical to a bp engine in every way.

you have to understand, most mechanics who do blue slips like repetitive work, e.g. your typical camry car which its typical compliance approval number, if you bring them a import with a low volume compliance, most don't even want to attempt to register it, because they don't know how to or they are to lazy to get out of there typical bubble. they use this system,

http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do?submitValue=start

to check up the typical approval number on a compliance plate, making blueslip registration easy. you can get all your data information from this link.

sometimes when a blueslip guy has done some pink/blue slips for dealers, and these cars are second hand, the rta does a audit on every car, i know cause it happen to my friend mechanic, who useto issue out blueslips, the rta chases up peoples cars anywhere between 10-30days and if you refuse the inspection, they cancel your rego until you accept. but if you goto a blueslip guy who has a good reputation and doesn't do anything dodgy. you won't have any trouble.

i just stated to my mechanic that I've replaced the factory engine with a imported engine, as the bp did come out in a bj chassis in japan, there isn't a issue with me importing one and installing it. the only issue was the forced induction which should be dealt with a engineer certificate..

anyway have fun with that link, you can learn alot from it.
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 03:30 AM   #25
mazkam

Car: 1988 Mazda 323 GT
Great swap you have there bobby. I purchased a 4wd BJ chassis with a bp-t engine in the summer of this and its good to meet another BJ owner with the turbocharged bp swap.

It seems you've solve the issue I'm currently encountering with my car. The gauge cluster is my main issue at the moment as the following gauges isn't functioning properly.

Temp gauge: Doesn't drop below the halfway mark when the car starts up.

Fuel gauge: Doesn't drop below the halfway mark when the car is running. It only reads from half and up.

Tachometer: Doesn't climb through the rpm smoothly as it wobbles as it climbs

Speedometer: Not working. The sensors not in there original position on any the hubs.

What wires did you connect to get your gauge cluster fully functional with your bpt swap? I mainly want to know what wires connect to where.

That's a cool mod you've done there with your gauge cluster.

Last edited by mazkam; 01-12-2014 at 04:00 AM.
mazkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:45 AM   #26
TheMAN

Car: .
I like your attention to detail mate... of course I'm sure you know there's plenty more to do to make it look pretty

I haven't had time to look through your entire thread yet, but two things I noticed:

-You could've gotten a Canadian Mazdaspeed gauge cluster so that it's all in KM
-No BJ model ever came with the BP engine, anywhere in the world... not even in 3rd world countries where complete knock down models were made... the BJ did come with a B3 engine in Japan, Europe, and some other countries... one simply could adapt the engine mounts used in either the B3, ZL, or ZM to allow the BP to fit.... no need to debate about this, because if it did come with one, lots of us (including me) would have done a full factory conversion already.... the most powerful engines for the BJ was either the turbo FS in the USDM/CDM Mazdaspeed, or the FS-ZE in Japan
Old 09-12-2014, 01:45 PM   #27
familiagtx

Car: Mazda BJ SP20 Turbocharged
like your work bobby
familiagtx is offline   Reply With Quote