Go Back   AstinaGT Forums > Classifieds > For Sale/Wanted

Closed Thread

Old 19-02-2003, 05:32 AM   #41
sik astina

Car: Ba 1.8L Turbo astina
Send a message via MSN to sik astina
[color=#0000FFost_uid0]Hey Pete,

When I asked to buy the wing off you, you gave me a specific price and I agreed with it completely. You know I've been waiting for a while for it and I had my heart set on getting it.

I just want to know if you still have it and if you do, can I buy it for the price you offered. I have the cash, and I'll drive to sydney anytime that suits you.

About the mates thing, I classify all the guys in here as mates, including you Pete. If we werent mates we wouldnt hang out, email or go on cruises together.

Now that you're car is sold, are you still going to visit the forums? It would be a shame to lose a member who's been part of astinaGT for so long.

-Mick[/colorost_uid0]
Old 19-02-2003, 06:06 AM   #42
EZZY
AstinaGT Regular

[color=#8D38C9ost_uid0]mick, to save you from waiting, pete sold his mazda as is.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 19-02-2003, 06:10 AM   #43
sik astina

Car: Ba 1.8L Turbo astina
Send a message via MSN to sik astina
[color=#0000FFost_uid12] ok Eric, thanks for that.

-Mick[/colorost_uid12]
Old 20-02-2003, 01:30 AM   #44
BigMal
1ST BA TURBO MEMBER

Car: BA Astina Turbo
Send a message via ICQ to BigMal Send a message via MSN to BigMal
[color=#000000ost_uid1]Thats fine with me Peter. *Soon as you tried to put up the
price on me the deal was busted anyway. *I never had a
problem with you even if you thought I did till now.

You say all of us are talking behind your back, but Peter if
I have something to say, you see it posted I don't hold it
back or be a snake in the grass. *You on the other hand have
been trying to rip the people off here on the forums with
overly high priced items, using PM's to quote prices so that
the newer members who don't know any better may buy them
without the aid of others who know better. *Lets take the
rear bar that we know could be made for $100 parts and
about $50 labour. *You wanted $350. *Thats just a rip off.
And then the Nerve to get upset when people don't jump
through the hoop.
You say that there are no mates here, well thats from your
perspective cause I reckon you would pretty much fock over
anybody here on the board for a dollar given opportunity.

Shame it had to be like that.

Mal
By the way, I have made and kept some great mates off
this board. *Ones that I don't want to make money from.[/colorost_uid1]
Old 20-02-2003, 01:48 AM   #45
BigBoyLemonade
The Architect

Car: AUSDM S6 RX7
Send a message via ICQ to BigBoyLemonade
[color=#006666ost_uid0]I was the one who offered Pete $350 originally for the rear bar and then offered $300.. why? cause it was a rip off...
I dont think I would have even bought it for $300

not much of a big price difference anyway...

Oh well as long as Pete got the ridiculous prices you were after thats all that counts... If you didnt get a good price you are a fool to let a little bit of bargaining get in the way for some money

Anyway I am now making my own rear bar extension for $120 so it doesnt really bother me...

Have a nice life peter.. I dont resent you for anything so I would calm down about it all... but dont try and rip ppl off because this is twice now you have done this and it has fallen on its arse[/colorost_uid0]

Edited By Lantis on 1045666160

Infinite Networks- Creative Web design and powerful online application solutions
Old 20-02-2003, 01:56 AM   #46
BigMal
1ST BA TURBO MEMBER

Car: BA Astina Turbo
Send a message via ICQ to BigMal Send a message via MSN to BigMal
[color=#000000ost_uid1]Put me down for a set too Tony.

Ta

Mal[/colorost_uid1]
Old 20-02-2003, 02:07 AM   #47
BigBoyLemonade
The Architect

[color=#006666ost_uid0]Yeah for sure.. Hopefully I will have time to mould my front bar which means if anyone is interested I might be doing copies.. and for resonable prices

I just gotta decide what I wanna do with my side skirts[/colorost_uid0]

Infinite Networks- Creative Web design and powerful online application solutions
Old 20-02-2003, 06:36 AM   #48
IZG-00D

Car: Evo
Send a message via ICQ to IZG-00D Send a message via Yahoo to IZG-00D
[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Lantis"]I was the one who offered Pete $350 originally for the rear bar and then offered $300.. why? cause it was a rip off...
I dont think I would have even bought it for $300

not much of a big price difference anyway...

Oh well as long as Pete got the ridiculous prices you were after thats all that counts... If you didnt get a good price you are a fool to let a little bit of bargaining get in the way for some money

Anyway I am now making my own rear bar extension for $120 so it doesnt really bother me...

Have a nice life peter.. I dont resent you for anything so I would calm down about it all... but dont try and rip ppl off because this is twice now you have done this and it has fallen on its arse BLAHH BLAHH BLAHH!!![/quoteost_uid0]

tony, some how i knew you where going to reply back to my message before, and i was right... with your first line stating it was a ripp off... very strange since you where the one that gave the $350 offer on the rear bar... very weird ??? so how did i ripped you off? i think you need to think again before you state anything. remember that you made the offer, not me. then later on, changing the price lower to $300... now tell me who's getting ripped off???
i remember you telling me back in the canberra cruise that i should sell the car to around $20K and nothing lower... now, your saying that it's not worth $300 for it... looks like your changing the stories and making me look bad... i think you should calm down and maybe think twice before you write anything.
BTW, i notice ever since i bought ezzy bodykit that you have been avoiding me. very strange, i wonder why!!! *???

and mal, those guys that wanted my bodykit, their the ones that called/PM/SMS/emailed me and asking for a price... i specifically told them to give me a price that they can afford and i mite be able to work around it. like tony said, "If you didnt get a good price you are a fool to let a LITTLE BIT of bargaining get in the way for some money" cause i never raised the price for the rear lights that much. acutally, i never gave you a price at all, so why jump to conclusion and getting all unhappy about it.?

obviously you guys are bargain seekers, looking for cheap prices and in the end, getting piss if you dont get it. like i said before, non of you never gave a down payment for the parts so there was no contract on the deal. like tony did, he didnt like the $350 that HE offered me at the start, so he decides to lower the price down himself.
im just taking advise from other people on how much i should sell the kit separate. my price as a whole kit was $2k.

now i havent fallen on my arse with any deals in my life, as the matter of fact, i've sold the car for $18K with everything as is. i think that's a reasonable price for a 1998 model and is only price rated as $15K stock

http://www.drive.com.au/buy/market_value/main.asp

mal,tony good luck with your cars and have a nice life!!! looks like you guys will be needing all the luck. this comment should boost up your confidents.

im outa here.............................................. ....peace!!!

THE END
ps, you can now delete all my messages here tony....
and mick (sik_astina), sorry again about the wing... you take care and hope you realise what is happening here and read carefully what this whole BS is all about...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 20-02-2003, 08:36 AM   #49
SehnKhan

Car: .
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Dude, you sold your car. Thats excellent news. Within the car modifying scene there is always going to be bad blood. With everyones ride being unique and special in every way, not everyone is going to like what happens, or what they see. To say people are jealous or envious of your ride may, or may not, have been true. To say that people are talking behind your back may also have been true. And maybe not.

The point here is that I think this whole thing is blowing out of proportion. As I see it, nobody is in the right or the wrong here. Pete wanted to sell his car originally as a complete package. And I for one would not argue with that tactic, it takes extra time & money to separate the package. The car as it was looked great, and obviously appealed to the right person at the right time. I would agree that selling it as is was the best move.

I also feel however that after agreeing to sell items off the car, and then bawking the sale later is a bit wrong. pete, you offered items from your car to people who trusted you, and then burned your bridges by either providing misleading information, or keeping quiet altogether. This in itself was causing a downfall here - sure there were no contracts signed or monies traded, but it was going to leave a foul tast in the mouths of those who were interested in the items from your car. I think Mal & Tony have every right to be a little angry after this event.

Your reply makes sense Pete, it subscribes to the philosophy I follow in the "I may not agree with what you say, bit I will defend to the end your right to say it".

I thought we could all get along here at AstinaGT. I feel we are all a good bunch of people, and thought maybe we could respect each others differences. We are all passionate in what we do, and in some cases that can affect our judgement. I think there have been a few conclusions drawn here, some pretty damning comments and a fair amount of anger. But I don't think that is worth destroying this forum. We are all different.

Pete, again, well done for selling the car. If you are still around in any form I hope all goes well with your new ride, and by all means, take care. And for the rest of us, there is a topic on these forums entitled "issues". If there is something happening, or someone bothering you, or something you don't agree with then post it up. This is a discussion forum - let's not drive people away as a means of eliminating problems. I am not saying that is what's happened here, as I mentioned I think this whole thing has blown way out of proportion, however let's try and prevent something like this happening again, and for goodness sake, let's all enjoy this place.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 20-02-2003, 09:29 AM   #50
Toyboy

Car: Ba Astina
Send a message via MSN to Toyboy
[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]NO COMMENT[/bost_uid0] ???[/colorost_uid0]
Old 20-02-2003, 09:55 AM   #51
zoom

Car: 94 ba astina
[color=#0000FFost_uid0]I thought I might put my two cents in about this issue. After one month of not looking at this site ( internet probs) I come back and it has turned to ****. We all have a common interest in this forum (THE MIGHTY ASTINA) so lets just help each other, encourage each other and keep the **** out of here. There is enough **** out there at the moment lets not bring it here. From now on I think if we have something to sell we post a price that we want and is FAIR and bargin from there. If you do have something to sell decide before you post it that you really want to sell it. Thats my two cents so in the great words of jerry take care of your self and others![/colorost_uid0]
lowered 2 inches
K & N air filter
2 inch echaust
Old 20-02-2003, 10:04 AM   #52
BigBoyLemonade
The Architect

[quoteost_uid0="IZG-00D"][color=#000000ost_uid0]tony, some how i knew you where going to reply back to my message before, and i was right... with your first line stating it was a ripp off... very strange since you where the one that gave the $350 offer on the rear bar... very weird ??? so how did i ripped you off? i think you need to think again before you state anything. remember that you made the offer, not me. then later on, changing the price lower to $300... now tell me who's getting ripped off???

i remember you telling me back in the canberra cruise that i should sell the car to around $20K and nothing lower... now, your saying that it's not worth $300 for it... looks like your changing the stories and making me look bad... i think you should calm down and maybe think twice before you write anything.

BTW, i notice ever since i bought ezzy bodykit that you have been avoiding me. very strange, i wonder why!!! ???

and mal, those guys that wanted my bodykit, their the ones that called/PM/SMS/emailed me and asking for a price... i specifically told them to give me a price that they can afford and i mite be able to work around it. like tony said, "If you didnt get a good price you are a fool to let a LITTLE BIT of bargaining get in the way for some money" cause i never raised the price for the rear lights that much. acutally, i never gave you a price at all, so why jump to conclusion and getting all unhappy about it.?

obviously you guys are bargain seekers, looking for cheap prices and in the end, getting piss if you dont get it. like i said before, non of you never gave a down payment for the parts so there was no contract on the deal. like tony did, he didnt like the $350 that HE offered me at the start, so he decides to lower the price down himself.
im just taking advise from other people on how much i should sell the kit separate. my price as a whole kit was $2k.

now i havent fallen on my arse with any deals in my life, as the matter of fact, i've sold the car for $18K with everything as is. i think that's a reasonable price for a 1998 model and is only price rated as $15K stock[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#006666ost_uid0]Well my response to your anal reply is...

Fair enough about the price coming down.. all you had to do was say nah I can get a better price from someone else.. I wouldnt have really cared but obviously you have a screw lose somewhere....

I said the car was worth 20k not the kit

The kit on its own is worth maybe $400 for front bar, $300 for skirts and maybe $150 for the rear bar... thats for replacement items that is... remember you are asking ppl to give there originals to you for that.

The kit isnt new... its second hand... so everything should be sold for half the price.. not what you paid eric for it... 2k is a joke!

Maybe if you didnt screw ppl round you would be able to sell the car and the parts....

yeah some of us might be bargain hunters but we dont wanna pay to much for a kit that is worth jack ****... We arent cheapskates it just appears that you are a ripoff... No offence to eric in anyway but you got ripped off.. not cause eric was a rip off but cause you were stupid enough to pay 2k for a kit that isnt worth that... I will hold a poll to see what the general public thinks...

Yeah 18k is resonable so good on you...

BTW I dont know why you all hate some of us but I think you are ****ed in the head.. I never had a problem with so you can stick your paranoid arrogant personality up your arse...

I do have a problem with you now... Pity you ****ed us round...[/colorost_uid0]

Closed Thread